Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two brown horses

Hi! About a week ago I dreamed of coming downstairs into the living room of my mom’s house, where I do still live in real life, and it had just snowed a lot the night before. For some reason the town was having like a Christmas themed party for all the town kids in our back yard and porch. The porch was different from our real porch, much longer and larger, made out of dark wood and way up off the ground. Right outside the living room windows were two brown horses sleeping in the snow, covered up to their necks by the frozen over snow and ice so that only their heads were out of it.

After a minute or two the snow started to soften and melt, and the horses were waking up. They stood up, breaking up through the snow and ice, they were way too huge to be horses. I saw the horse closest to the window was actually a large camel, at least 7 or 8 feet tall. I believe it had a saddle. The horse further away from the window turned out to be a bull, wearing a large brown scarf. I don’t know if I thought it or I heard somebody say that it was a “breeding bull.” They began to run around the yard, chasing the grown ups around the party and causing a lot of chaos but not really doing anything. Some of the adults calmly led the kids away to higher ground where they were safe, and after that the animals and the rest of the adults just weren’t there in the yard anymore.

Some time later, in the dream it was immediate but I kind of knew it was an hour or two later, I was outside cleaning up with my mom and my older sister. I was cleaning down in the yard, and all I could think about was the insurance liability we were taking on by letting the town have a bunch of kids in our yard every year. Somehow I knew that the town had been doing this party in our yard for a long time before we moved into this area. I kept wondering like did my parents get the town to sign a contract when we bought the house that would put responsibility on them if something happened or get waivers signed or something because it was really lucky that nobody got hurt running around in the ice and snow being chased by huge rampaging animals. My mom and my sister were up on the porch cleaning and were talking about something but I couldn’t really make out what it was about. I think I remember something about her work, about either her wanting or somebody wanting her to be safe, and an airport. I finished cleaning the yard and started to go up to the porch. I started trying to make out what they were talking about and right as I got to the edge of figuring out what they were worried about I woke up.

When I woke up I remembered how weird and stressful the whole dream felt, but not in like a bad way really, it was just like an anxious, worked-up feeling. The image of seeing the animals getting up and realizing that they weren’t horses was really strong and I still kind of feel it above me days later. The idea of them waking up, and being freed from the snow that had frozen over them felt kind of important too when I thought about it a little while after waking up. Thanks in advance, I’ve been reading your site for a couple of days and I really appreciate you putting all this stuff out there
:v:

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 M CT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Nope

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? The internet

Re: Two brown horses

Dog Power,
I will work on your dream today and try to have an analysis by tomorrow. A quick look at the dream specifically the opening paragraph.

It does seem to be addressing experiences and issues related to your still living/having lived at your mom's home. Dreams use primarily symbolic language but with literal applications as well {they will often have both}. With the dream opening as it does with your living at your mom's home and with the other images usually lays the foundations for the emotional energies the dream is addressing {dreams are about emotional energies/issues}. The horses may symbolize strong emotional energies related to this home, perhaps as a child as well as in the present. The snow {a lot} may represent inhibitions, unexpressed emotions. The horses may represent strong physical energies or forces {physical aspects are also psychological energies}. Being frozen may represent something that has been suppressed, rejected, or denied. The neck may signify the relationship between the mind/mental {head} and the body/physical.
Note: Horses also have sexual connotations but not as a norm.

As for the possible literal applications. The dream statement, 'it had just snowed a lot the night before'. Did anything memorable happen the night before the dream in your mom's house? May be a literal statement as well as the symbolic application.

I'll try and decipher it all in my analysis.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

Hi Jerry! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, looking forward to the rest of your analysis!! Honestly, still living at home doesn’t bother me much at all as I’m in the middle of saving up as much as possible for a year before moving out, although I guess it may reflect the overall stagnation I sometimes feel about where I am in life. I mentioned it early in the post just so you would know that I didn’t mean my childhood home. I guess there are some rougher moments between her and I that come from still living with her as an adult but I don’t know if it’s anything more than what anybody else might feel. My mom and sister weren't really part of the dream at all until the second half, and when I came downstairs I didn’t feel the house as if it were my mom’s house it just felt like it was my home. I’m interested to see more of your analysis before I go further into my thoughts on that possible interpretation.

Your note about the occasional sexual connotation of horses does seem interesting to me because of that clear memory of the horse/bull being a “breeding bull.”

Another thing I’ve been trying to work through in my waking life has been my poor handling of trying to make friends with a neighbor I went to high school with. I’d always really really liked her but never tried to talk to her much or anything. We started running into each other sometimes and she seemed pretty willing to connect but I didn’t really believe it and I’m not very good at talking to new people so I made it weird. It feels dumb for a relatively small thing like it to be important enough to mention, but it’s affected me a lot and I guess putting so much excitement and hope into it is part of why i handled it poorly. I’ve done similar things before, it’s been a bit of a pattern. My freshman year of college I had some strange hyper realistic but very boring dreams that opened my eyes a bit, and through my 2nd and 3rd year of college, I realized I didn’t like myself or the people I went to school with much and began to withdraw from the social side of it to focus on being okay with myself. But once I started to feel like I was ready to make a few friends again I’ve kept making it difficult for myself.

Nothing memorable had happened the night before my dream, at least not memorable enough to still remember. It had snowed a lot maybe a week before the dream so perhaps it’s related to that, but in the dream it felt like the kind of snow they have in the Arctic, like it was completely frozen over after years without melting away. One last thing I wanted to clear up from my first post, when my mom and sister were talking as we were cleaning up after, they were talking about something that had to do with my sister not my mom. Sorry for the long response, hopefully some of the info helps with your analysis

Thanks again!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 M CT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Not before this thresd

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? The internet

Dog Power,
Thanks for the response and additional info. Not being your childhood home but instead the home you share with you mother could be very important since in a dream a statement about the childhood home usually points to experiences during those years in life. Also you mention 'patterns'. That is what I look for in dreams because it is from the unconscious motivations patterns evolve later in life. The info you give in your response, "I realized I didn’t like myself or the people I went to school with much and began to withdraw from the social side of it to focus on being okay with myself. But once I started to feel like I was ready to make a few friends again I’ve kept making it difficult for myself" is valuable. What is/was it about yourself you do/did not like? There are reasons for these emotions {dreams are about our emotional energies} and when you discover the motivations you can take actions to correct the negatives. Was this a period of time you were going through {"once I started to feel like I was ready to make a few friends"} or is it your general attitude? Looking for the motivations for who you are, how you feel about yourself and life in general generally come from early life 'training'. Childhood is always a major factor to personality and personal attitudes and when you look back to childhood with a desire for discovery you will likely see the underlying reasons for these questions.

As for the breeding bulls. The reason I mentioned the sexual connotations was because that was in the dream and may be relevant. The dream statement, "They began to run around the yard, chasing the grown ups around the party and causing a lot of chaos but not really doing anything. Some of the adults calmly led the kids away to higher ground where they were safe, and after that the animals and the rest of the adults just weren’t there in the yard anymore" is likely important. It is of course metaphorical {to be literal which is less likely in dreams something similar in real life needs to have happened} and getting to the meaning of the metaphors will reveal what is meant. Hopefully the pieces of the puzzle {analyzing dreams is like putting a puzzle together} will fall into place so to fit with actual life experiences and attitudes. I'll work on the dream today {so many responsibilities even in retirement I often need additional hours in a day to bet them done}.

Jerry

Dog Power,
My usual method in analyzing a dream is to interpret the images, actions and symbols broken down by sentence and paragraph which tallied together from the whole dream provides the central message of the dream. This takes time but allows a better interpretation. The first parts of a dream usually provide insights to what the dream is about. I've analyzed the first paragraph {subject to possible change after analyzing the whole dream} and I will provide it in this post to provide you with insights to the possible message as well as my approach to dream analysis.

Dream-First Paragraph
I dreamed of coming downstairs into the living room of my mom’s house, where I do still live in real life, and it had just snowed a lot the night before. For some reason the town was having like a Christmas themed party for all the town kids in our back yard and porch. The porch was different from our real porch, much longer and larger, made out of dark wood and way up off the ground. Right outside the living room windows were two brown horses sleeping in the snow, covered up to their necks by the frozen over snow and ice so that only their heads were out of it.

coming downstairs into the living room of my mom’s house, where I do still live in real life, and it had just snowed a lot the night before
-coming downstairs into the living room of my mom’s house-exploring and nurturing unconscious energies related to the image that you portray to others
-where I do still live in real life-existing with these characteristics in emotional life
-and it had just snowed a lot the night before-motivated strong inhibitions

For some reason the town was having like a Christmas themed party for all the town kids in our back yard and porch
-town was having like a Christmas themed party-a pattern for whole in self seeking a new beginning and reaching new plateaus
-for all the town kids in our back yard and porch-unconscious patterns of vulnerabilities taking shape in your personality
---porch is your personality
---back yard-your past
---town kids-your whole being and vulnerabilities

The porch was different from our real porch, much longer and larger, made out of dark wood and way up off the ground
-porch was different from our real porch-something different than who you are
-much longer and larger-dominated by issues of power and prowess
-made out of dark wood-automated negative behavior
-way up off the ground-psychological foundation for personal attitudes

Right outside the living room windows were two brown horses sleeping in the snow, covered up to their necks by the frozen over snow and ice so that only their heads were out of it
-Right outside the living room windows-expression of image you present to world
-two brown horses sleeping in the snow-grounded in strong physical energies and inhibitions that need to be recognized

I'll provide more later today.

Jerry

Dog Power,
Getting mixed messages from your dream. Can you provide more info about the girl next door and any associations there may be related to your mother sister and the porch cleaning. Trying to determine if the issues with the girl are central to the dream or if there are unconscious energies related to relationships in play.

Also. The part about your parents, a contract and the town {which likely symbolizes you} may suggest responsibilities related to the formation of your personality and personal traits. Insurance liability could refer to issues related to security in early life which carries on into later adult life.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present