Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bat wanting a cuddle

In my dream, I was lounging on my bed when a smallish bat landed on my chest and lay down on me, wanting a cuddle. He snuggled into the crook of my neck. He was black and softly furry. I patted him and found he had a pocket, when my hand went into it. I saw a row of lecture room type seats along a wall. I said, do you want me to sit next to you while you take your exam? (I was picking up on his anxiety and wanting support). He snuggled into me even more.

Note: the only ‘exam’ I can think of which is coming up for me, is end of life review exam, and that not for at least a decade, to be honest. Being stuck at home on lockdown, has led to a kind of life review process; I am recently retired and am considering the next big activity or project.

I would be very grateful for any thoughts you may have.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes, but years ago now. You were very helpful. Dream of two golden keys

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Have know about this site for some years, so can’t remember

Re: bat wanting a cuddle

Elizabeth,
I can see this dream fitting with your 'end of life' review but likely there are other aspects the dream is focused. In your added info you mentioned the 'next big activity or project'. This dream may be addressing the need to focus more on that, especially if it is related to creative aspects.

I'll look at your other posted dream Two dreams, keys and cliff {2015} and see if they provide insights to this dream.

Interpretation of images, actions and symbols broken down by sentence.

I was lounging on my bed when a smallish bat landed on my chest and lay down on me, wanting a cuddle
-I was lounging on my bed-freeing yourself of anxieties and emotional issues
-when a smallish bat landed on my chest-dealing and confronting with the unknown
-lay down on me-putting pressure on you
-wanting a cuddle-connecting with emotional energies {that are pressuring you}

He was black and softly furry
-needing to feel complete emotionally

I patted him and found he had a pocket, when my hand went into it
-I patted him-stroking the emotional energies
-found he had a pocket-coming into contact with some aspect of your unconscious psyche
-when my hand went into it-delving into and communicating with hidden/unconscious aspects {the way you really feel about things}

I saw a row of lecture room type seats along a wall
-getting past barriers, researching and weighing your options

I said, do you want me to sit next to you while you take your exam?
-examining the possibilities, taking in consideration of uncertainties

(I was picking up on his anxiety and wanting support)
-literal application of waking actions, waking life anxieties

He snuggled into me even more
-moving closer to your deepest inner emotions

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

Oh thank you, yes, very interesting, I am the one also doing the examining of the choices, not just being examined. Although, to arrive at the correct choices, you need to do both, I would think.

Maybe the row of college style seats mean the row of choices for new study or even retraining. Or maybe they are the barrier I have to climb over. Right now I am enjoying a respite from 30 years in a job in a heavily male-dominated part of a university (and heavily male dominated research discipline nation-wide) in which I was subjected to pervasive, mostly low level but sometimes high level, unaccountable hostility which became completely explicit at the end, necessitating my early retirement, despite having some champions. Endless seemingly dark-hearted hostility really messes with your mind and your social way of being. It forces you to not be yourself, and in order to recover, to dig deep. Hence the bat, who lives in the deep.

I love how the symbols are so two sided. Bats are a horror trope, but also can navigate extraordinarily, in pitch darkness. This bat is saying, see me for who I am, not something horrible but a warm blooded animal needing comforting. Also, snuggling up against my neck is maybe pointing to something needing voicing.

Thank you for helping me in my thinking through this dream!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes, but years ago now.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Have know about this site for some years, so can’t remember

Elizabeth,
I apologize for not responding sooner. As for the two sides of dream symbols that is common. Personal associations can have a lot to do with the meaning/applications but there are usually set meaning to most symbols. Rebirth and annoyances may be what your bat best symbolizes with an greater emphasis on rebirth {negative past to positive possibilities}. The bat in your dream took on a positive role. The exam likely has to do with examining your choices for the future. And as you stated you are being examined, internally {by yourself}. Inner examinations is the core of finding truths within life and yourself. Jung points to the creative aspects as being the thing that is most fulfilling in life, doing what you like doing most. Perhaps fate has given you an opportunity to explore that aspect.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present