Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Two repeating dreams about being a writer

Thanks Jerry. I am in no rush so please don't be concerned about it. I have never done it but I understand herding cats can be near impossible.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 71 male north carolina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? google

Richard,
Here is my analysis of your first dream. It is focused on what you do not want related to your profession and does not comment on your creative aspects {but with those likely the underlying reasons}. Your old routine no longer provides satisfaction in life. There are likely issues related to developed personal attitudes but those are secondary. I do think your 'natural' creative spirit is a part of those attitude traits and I see those as a background message. Because the dream is so strongly focused on not having to work in the old routine of journalism would suggest it is a major issue in your life. The creative aspects are in the background but you are in need of resolving the issues related to having to work in the field you no longer have an interest.

A note about dreams. They are not controlled by ego but are your true feelings, your true self. Dreams are addressing emotional issues that are plaguing you at the time of the dream as well as addressing underlying reasons for the emotional energies. This dream fits with your desire not to be in the old position of regular routine.

Here is my interpretation of the images, actions and symbols in your dream.
-Returned as a reporter-once again having to make choices from a neutral position {centering yourself}
-to a daily paper I worked for in Florida-anxieties with a regular routine in the past
-I don't really want to work as hard at it as I did in waking life/no longer interested in doing day to day journalism-pretty much a literal application {which is not usual but occurs in dreams}
-enter newsroom-message from the unconscious
-large machinery don’t recognize-negative attitudes of being too mechanical
-some copy editors working at them-duplicating actions while being censored/controlled
-I can't tell how-unable to make a determination
-There are no desks for reporter-feeling limited in evaluating and weighting the issues
-no typewriters or computers-inner communication related to making choices about a lack of identity
-my old executive editor is there somewhere, but he ignores me-disregarding inner restrictions not being concerned about building a career {no longer important}
-I am in an office with my old managing editor-being managed by restrictions of the usual routine
-and he also pretty much ignores me-rejecting the old routine

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

Thank you Jerry. I'm going to work with this and get back to you. On first read it resonates strongly, and gives me information I wasn't aware of.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 71 male North Carolina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? google

Richard,
I have completed my analysis of your second dream and it is in line with your first dream. I'll post that and provide a summary later {probably Sunday} since I work Saturdays for family construction business}. I want to compare your most recent info that includes childhood experiences with the dreams and see if there are commentary related to childhood influence to personality and attitudes. Often the negatives experience in early life unconsciously influence actions and attitudes in later life {as I noted I see all dreams as addressing both current emotional energies as well as foundational energies to personality and attitudes}. In the meanwhile you may find time to give deeper attention to my analysis as provided thus far.

-I am a freelance writer-liberated to compose
-I am in the offices of one of the alternative weeklies I wrote for in waking life-alternative to current position in life
-The office is full of young people who ignore me-expanded self taking new growth being neglected
-There is no place here for me to work either-current life not working
-No desk, typewrite, etc-unconscious communicating this is not your true position
- I leave and find myself walking around the city-exploring your inner self seeking to satisfy your true emotions
- trying to plan how I can make a living freelancing-a need to be more organized/disciplined to free yourself {also a literal application}
-But I face the same problem I faced in waking life-coordination between conscious and unconscious self
-I am an introvert who can't stand marketing myself, so in the dream I am trying to pump myself up for what I do not want to do
---I am an introvert who can't stand marketing myself-not projecting your true self
---so in the dream I am trying to pump myself up for what I do not want to do-stimulating the part of you that rejects the norm

Jerry

The material you are sending me is extremely helpful. Thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 71 male North Carolina

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Google

Richard,
I will look at your dreams on Sunday.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present