Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SKY & MOUNTAIN

Hi there,
I had a dream that I was either walking/driving or gliding along a path/road on the side of an enormous mountain. The road/path was suspended, there was nothing beneath it to support it. It was like the road came out from the side of the mountain like a shelf. I remember the road being very curvy. I also remember the bluest sky I'd ever seen. There was no ground, nothing below, just blue all around and it was beautiful. I don't remember much else, whether there was a destination in mind etc.

Thanks for any help in deciphering this dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? CANADA

Re: SKY & MOUNTAIN

The path/road is your path in life, the road you have chosen to take. Mountains often represent large obstacles or challenges we confront in life. If your road has been suspended it may mean you are at stage where you find yourself in limbo, not knowing what to do. You feel there is nothing to support your next move or decision. You may have started to confront a certain issue but are at a standstill.

The blue sky may indicate that whatever you are reaching for is something greater than you possess now, perhaps something deep inside you truly wish to possess. This is your true self. It may mean a desire to express your true self. It could be creative, spiritual or some higher endeavor that is benefical not only to you but also others.

What fits your life if anything in my interpretation? Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can pin it down. Perhaps you already know. If so we would all like to know that answer.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: SKY & MOUNTAIN

Hi Gerard,
Thank you for your interpretation. I tried to apply your interpretation to my current situations and I can tell you that I am moving in with a friend of mine this weekend and maybe the obstacles could be the compromises and decisions we are making. I do know that I had to confront issues with my new room-mate already and I fear this is only the beginning of many issues. The 'limbo' analogy could just be my life in general, not moving forward. Although, I do have plans to work with my boss in franchising her company, which I think is a big step and it is a goal I am working towards. Perhaps the limbo is something deeper or another part of my life, i.e. relationships. The 'blue sky' and wanting to focus on developing myself creatively is something I can relate to. I do envision myself dedicating more time to painting & sketching while in my new place and look forward to that. I am reaching for a happier, more fullfilling life, spiritually, emotionally and mentally. If this is my 'true self' I am desiring, does dreaming about it mean anything? What I mean is, does it play on a subconscious level and then materialize because it is surfacing through my dreams? Am I closer to reaching my goals because my dreams are letting me know what it is I want? How do interpreting these dreams benefit in waking life?
Thanks again for your help.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: Re: SKY & MOUNTAIN

Juma,
To answer your question about whether dreaming of 'your true' self means anything, yes it does.
What it does mean depends on whether you are actually being that true self, in which case the dream is confirming your actions, and possible warning you of those things that may interfer with your true desires. If not then the dream is prompting you to do so. In your case your desire to spend more time painting and sketching is what you really want, perhaps the dream is cautioning you not to wander too far from that desire. If you put too much energy into your work franchising your boss' company then you may stray away from your true desire to be creative. It is very easy to do when you get involved with the social dragon {doing what society requires of you and not being that creative 'true self'}.

In your dream you are gliding along your path. The mountain may indeed be an obstacle in your life and if it is it probably would be something that interfers {suspends} with being your true self {your creative/spiritual self}. The obstacle you face doesn't have to be life altering, it could very well be you daily confrontations. Remember dreams compensate what you already know and they do so to help you stay focused on your goal of achieving that true self. The true self lives a life that is balanced and harmoneous. Money, fame, material worth doesn't guarantee your true self. In fact, often these are the obstacles that get in your way.

If you have an archetypal dream, one that could very well be life altering, most likely you will know it. Not to say ordinary dreams are not important, they are. They help keep you focused on the 'prise', and can show you those little things about you and your life that may need attention.

Hope this helps with your question. Feel free to ask more if you need clarification. If the Forum is being used as I hope it is then your questions not only are informative for you but others who visit as well.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: SKY & MOUNTAIN

Hello Gerard,

Thank you for answering my questions, you have been a great help to me. In your interpretation you mentioned something about having archetypal dreams can be life altering. I wanted to understand more about archetypal dreams so I read what info you have on your site but I am still unsure as to how one knows that they have had this kind of dream. I don't fully understand the definition or its importance. Can you explain?
Thanks

Re: Re: SKY & MOUNTAIN

JUMA,
Simply put, archetypes represent patterns of behavior and perception. Archetypes are common themes that originate from the collective unconscious. They appear in symbolic form in myths and dreams.

From Eric Ackroyd, from his wonderful dream dictionary 'A Dictionary of Dream Symbols'. He provides a good synopsis of archetypal images found in dreams.

"Archetypal images include symbols that occur in mythology: God, Earth Mother, death and resurrection/rebirth {as in Jesus on the cross}, and many more. They are older than you, the individual. They belong to the 'collective unconscious'. On the other hand, an archetype may have numerous images, some of them stemming from the collective unconscious, others from the more superficial personal unconscious.. As a rule, says Jung, the more definite the image, the more likely is it to have come from the more supreficial layers of the unconscious; the more indefinite the image, the more likely is it to have come from the deeper layers.

To understand better some of the major archetypes that appear often in dreams see 'Major Archetpes'.

Archetypes can also stem from the personal unconscious but they are often hard to distinguish from images that are addressing the personal life. Most often these are Feminine images such as your mother, your grandmother, a cow, a cat, a witch, a fairy,a cave, the sea, night. I personally would look at most of these symbols as addressing the everyday personal life instead of a archetypal image that can be 'life changing.' It really depends where you are in your life. If you are aware and actively participating in an inner search, then these feminine images could very well be archetypal.

An Example:
I once had a dream of a black woman at a train station. It was a time where I was very actively making changes in my life to conform to what I thought was the hero path journey, following the path set forth in mythology that is a guide to spiritual enlightenment. This was before I had discovered my creative self, which was the catalyst for my creating the pages at Myths-Dreams-Symbols.

This black woman conformed in every way to Kali , or Black Death, the mythological Goddess in Hindu mythology. Her image in my dream coincided with my spiritual awakening, a death of my controlling ego self and the resurrection to a new spiritual centered life. Joseph Campbell tells that we all must go through this transformation, not only the death to the ego-centric self, but a complete annilahation of the ego. If it is not complete the ego-centric self will itself rise from the death and you are back to square one.
The morning after this dream I was fully aware of its implications. It had a powerful impact on me and indeed was life changing. Like you I was searching that inner self.

If you are looking for symbols of transformation that are obvious then pay attention to the Major Archetpes page I have created. But I believe when you do undergo this transformation,as experienced in a dream, you will know it. I suggest you spend some time with Joseph Campbell to get a better understanding of the archetypal patterns you may experience in your dreams. Read his Power of Myth, his Myths to Live By and as important as any book I read of his Transformations of Myth Through Time. Understanding myth will provide you with insights far and beyond of most people who are on a spiritual search. I suggest you start with exerpts from the Power of Myth.
Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present