Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reoccuring dreams of ex-lover for past year

I have had reoccuring dreams of my past lover quit a few times over the past year. We are always very happy and very sexual in these dreams. The dreams always seem to occur in my childhood home and I awake feeling very lost, lonely and depressed. Yet in my dreams I am happy and content. Last night I had another one, but this one ended by him having tons of cockroaches climbing all over his body and head and I was frantically trying to remove them. I know I miss him and the "good" love, but what do the cockroaches mean? I don't recall ever having a dream about roaches.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sparks, NV

Re: Reoccuring dreams of ex-lover for past year

Even though your dream is most likly addressing your positive feelings toward your ex-lover {sexual feelings}, the dream may also be trying to communicate something from your childhood. Often dreams of childhood homes are reflective of those years in adolescence. In your dream the message may be about the lack of needed love as a child {a common theme}, or even sexual experiences. In your dreams you are happy and content, but upon awakening you are depressed. The happiness may be due to the sexual pleasures with your past lover, but this may have to do with substituting sexual love as an adult for the unprovided love as a child {I can relate to this personally}. As adults our behaviours and additions are often directly connected to our youth.

As far as the cockroaches climbing all over your ex-lovers body, the positive aspect of your sexual relationship are negated by the fact your childhood lacked proper love. The cockroaches are insects that are bothersome, thus when you think of the joy you had with your ex-lover, it is tarnished by the unprovided love as a child. The cockroaches symbolize this bothersome attitude from childhood that has not be properly reconciled as an adult.

To test my interpretation is correct just ask yourself what kind of childhood did I have. Was there proper love from your parents? Also, you may want to look at particular instances during childhood or early youth to determine if early sexual experiences {or experiences of love in general} were tainted by some negative experience, such as aq sexual encounter with someone that was not proper. This would also give meaning to the cockroaches, symbolizing sex as something dirty, at least at the time of your childhood experience.

I would really be interested in knowing your response. If I am not correct in my diagnosis then we can look elsewhere.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: Reoccuring dreams of ex-lover for past year

I am now understanding some of this, I was "sexually used" by a neighbor boy as my first experience with sex and love. He is now in prison for several other incidents with other girls. This experience was a major turning point in my life, from my mother blaming me and my "prettiness" to a lifetime of trouble and neglect from my mother to this day. I have tried so many times to reconnect but deep inside I still am angry with her. This came out in a dream several weeks ago, where I was back in my child hood home as an adult and yelling at her and calling her a *****, stating I waited a life time to say that to her. As for my ex-lover, I do believe you are right, I can honestly say although the relationship had some pretty bad spells over the 5 years,he cheated on me twice that I knew of, I never felt more loved or sexually loved than when I was with him. He was very attentive, kind, and compassionate. I am now realizing, I have spent the past 8 years looking for that again. And still haven't found it. I am in a relationship 19 months old, and in the beginning it was great like most, but for the past year, I have been feeling neglected, used and un-loved. Maybe this is why the dreams of my ex have begun. I miss that feeling of love. Thank you for your time and help in realizing what the roaches may represent that was something new. Good luck to you. I hope to check in with you again soon. This was educational and fun.
Suzetta

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sparks, NV

Re: Re: Re: Reoccuring dreams of ex-lover for past year

Suzette,
Thanks for the reply. The fact the dream contained a reference to your childhood home put an emphasis on the possibility of a past childhood experience. With out that phrase I could not have focused on this possibility. It also shows how childhood experiences are often the stimulus for adult dreams, even as they address other aspects in your life {desire for a good sexual relationship again}. Anything unresolved will come up in your dreams until you confront them and make resolution.

This dream also demonstrates Jung's hypothosis that dreams have at least two meanings. Dreams will often address current waking situations and also deeper unresolved peronsonal conflicts.

Thanks again for the response. Your dream showcased a very important aspect of how dreams function
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present