Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Owl

I dreamt the other night that an owl was circling my car and as it got closer to the driver side window, where I was sitting, it grew so large it had to have been twice the size of my car. It opened one of it's wings and pointed it toward the sky, indicating that I needed to look in that direction. As I did, two fireballs flew through the sky. There was a overwhelming feeling of awareness in my dream, but I have no understanding of what this means in my waking life! ( I hope I can get some clarification, thanks.)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Aus

Re: Owl

Owls often symbolize wisdom, most often inner wisdom. Since the dream takes place at night it may indicate unconscious contents that when acknowledged {and confronted} will bring about new wisdoms about yourself.

The owl growing larger may indicate that there is something that is growing {perhaps unconscious} and you are increasingly needing to acknowledge it. It is beginning to become bigger than life, or it is threatening to take over your life.

Openning one of its wings may indicate you are finally beginning to see what it is that is growing, within you are within your life. The sky often symbolizes unconscious contents, and/or expanding ones awareness about oneself. It could also have to do with spiritual aspects. The fireballs may be two things that are about to transform your life {see fire in the dream dictionary}. I say two not only because of the two fireballs in your dream but also the duality of life that will be transformed {your conscious life as well as unconscious}.

The overwhelming sense of awareness may indicate new knowledge about yourself that will be of great reward for you. Since you have no understanding of what this might be, I would look to the unconscious, unknown or repressed aspects. Also, and though dreams are not great predictors of the future, this dream may be showing you new things about to come into your life. The dream is compensating what you already know so you are partially aware of the circumstances, if not only unconsciously.

Let me know what the possibilities are of those things in your life that can be transforming and have a good chance of occurring. Your thoughts to my interpretation will help s understand the possibilities.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: Owl

Firstly, thankyou for responding to my dream.

There are a number of things that I am currently dealing with, consciously and unconsciously.

I am emotionally attemting to deal with repressed emotions from previous years, which could be coming through in this dream.

Mostly I am attempting to make a distinct choice between changing careers and/or starting a family.

I feel that I cannot start a family in the environment where I am, yet to start a new career and then possibly starting a family soon after does not seem fair on a prospective employer!

This struggle has occured for many months and I have had no resolution either way, which makes me question whether either of these two things are directly on my horizon.
Based on your dream anaysis I wonder whether those two fireballs are telling me I can do both at once and they are not far away?

I was certainly happy in the dream with what the owl was showing me!

Thankyou again,
Fiona

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Owls often symbolize wisdom, most often inner wisdom. Since the dream takes place at night it may indicate unconscious contents that when acknowledged {and confronted} will bring about new wisdoms about yourself.

The owl growing larger may indicate that there is something that is growing {perhaps unconscious} and you are increasingly needing to acknowledge it. It is beginning to become bigger than life, or it is threatening to take over your life.

Openning one of its wings may indicate you are finally beginning to see what it is that is growing, within you are within your life. The sky often symbolizes unconscious contents, and/or expanding ones awareness about oneself. It could also have to do with spiritual aspects. The fireballs may be two things that are about to transform your life {see fire in the dream dictionary}. I say two not only because of the two fireballs in your dream but also the duality of life that will be transformed {your conscious life as well as unconscious}.

The overwhelming sense of awareness may indicate new knowledge about yourself that will be of great reward for you. Since you have no understanding of what this might be, I would look to the unconscious, unknown or repressed aspects. Also, and though dreams are not great predictors of the future, this dream may be showing you new things about to come into your life. The dream is compensating what you already know so you are partially aware of the circumstances, if not only unconsciously.

Let me know what the possibilities are of those things in your life that can be transforming and have a good chance of occurring. Your thoughts to my interpretation will help s understand the possibilities.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Aus

Re: Re: Re: Owl

Fiona,
I don't see in the dream that it advices you to do both. I think if anything it is advising whatever you do you will happy with your choice. The problem is your indecision about what too do and the choices have become greater than the possibilities. The dream is pointing to the indecision, the fireballs and the owl {the wise self which noramally makes good decisions} has gotten bigger than the possibilities.

One thing that you said in your respones is important. If you choose to do both then it would be unfair to your new employer. One thing that Jung stressed about the different aspects of the psyche; there is a spiritual aspect in all of us. Abiding by what is right should always be part of any decision.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present