Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three-story house

Interesting dream this morning... a three-story house - upper level is furnished very nicely, comfortable, familiar and definitely where I want to be. Main floor level has a busy, somewhat chaotic feel. There are a number of individuals on this level that I recognize - a few, however, that are unfamiliar. The basement is dark and uninhabited. I'm aware that there are levels above the 3rd floor, yet they are inacessible. Suddenly, I sense that there is something I must tend to in the basement and hurry down the stairs. I'm alone in this dimly lit area of the basement in search of "something". I notice a light switch on the wall and turn it on. Instead of bulb light overhead (as I would have expected), a flame burns from the outlet. I can now see that there are numerous rooms in the basement.

I welcome additional "light" on this one...

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

Re: Three-story house

Deedee,
The 3 levels you see in your dream usually symbolize the different levels of consciousness. The top floor is the thinking aspect, having to do with the desires in your ego life. The main floor is the waking conscious state of your actual life, having to do with conscious knowledge, but also with the sub-conscious where you are aware of your condition yet have different aspects that are not yet fully conscious. The basement represents the unconscious. Here resides those aspects about yourself that have not been fully explored, and some aspects that are ignored or repressed. The levels above the third floor are those true aspects about yourself that are inaccesible because they have been stored or repressed within the deep unconscious mind. Once you begin to acknowledge and confront the aspects within the basement or deep unconscious, i.e. emotions, complexes, etc., you will be able to access the higher floors. Those higher floors could represent the highest qualities that are obtainable in your life. Or they could merely shine light on past experiences and/or deisre intentions that have not yet been realized. Depending on the person they could represent a harmoneous and balanced life, simply having confronted your demons and having sorted out all the rubbish that life experiences has placed on you. For others it is the creative/spiritual self that has been accessed.

Since in your dream the basement is dark and unihabited, it probably means you have not acknowledged certain aspects in your life, have not bothered to visited the deep unconscious self to ascertain what is there. But now something has stimuluted this deeper aspect, something that requires you to visit these dark spaces. What you find instead of a lite that shows you what is there are flames of past experiences, probably those experiences you wish to forget or have repressed, or are merely so old you have forgotten about them. Most often the deep unconscious holds negative aspects of life that need confronting. Since you have had a monumental life change of recent {your divorce}, these past experiences could have to do with good or bad aspects of your life. The numerous rooms in the basement could represent numerous experiences, emotions or even complexes you are not aware of. These are the areas that you need to explore fully if you wish to bring about true balanmce to your life.

Future dreams will shine 'new light' on these aspects if you will give effort in trying to access them. Prepare yourself before bed for dream time telling yourself you wish to remember your dreams. When you start your REM sleep dreaming try to ask questions, and seek answers. You might expedite the dreams into providing iunformation that often takes much longer time to get to. Let me know te results and future dreams.
Also look to the possibilities of what may be within your unconscious that you have not taken note of in a long while. And also of course the waking experiences that could cause you to look deeper within. Look specifically to the emotional aspects.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Three-story house

Thanks again, Gerard for your insight and intuitive interpretation. Why is it that I often have this nagging "after dream" sense that I've missed something very key? I'm attempting to become more of an observer in the dream, rather than a participant...I tend to pay more attention to detail if I don't get caught up in the dream drama. Is this a beneficial approach?

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

Re: Re: Three-story house

Deedee,
Some people feel better when participating activley in a dream, where most like you and I and feel by observing we will learn more about ourselves. I have never been one who saw lucid dreaming as the best way to learning about oneself. Although by asking questions at key times in dreams you can learn from the answers given, you can do this passively and benefit more by just looking on. Dreams are like plays where you are the observer, and yet all the characters are aspects of your own life. Continue your approach to dreams as you have done and don't worry about being actively involved in determining the direction of the dreams. You will learn as much as you need to know by obeserving the play. You have already acted out much that you see in the dream from your waking life. Most of what is in a dream is mere playback so you can better see what really has happened or is happening.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present