Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
beetle in dream

this was part of a larger dream, yet the most striking to me -

I was late for Mass, when i got there only the priest was present, he was a bit peeved i) that no one else was there and ii) that I was late. I had been doing my stuff - all this is ok for me so far however ,,,
when I took communion from him, he was giving me a beetle, I looked down as he placed the beetle into the palm of my gloved hand (I had cycling gloves on - and was grateful for that). I picked upi the beetle and ate it - sort of as though it was given to me as a solomn token with a deeper meaning / purpose. It wasn't too bad to eat - small and a bit crunchy ,,,
thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Australia

Re: beetle in dream

Sorry if I'm going to different places with this and worse, if I'm a little blunt, but I think dreams often speak in puns. For starters: Could it be "bugging" you that you are the "only one" in your congregation that goes to mass because it is supposed to be giving you some "solemn" nourishment?

More seriously now, guilt seems to be evident from the fact that the priest (your higher self) is not very happy. By yourself, in your "heart of hearts", are you convinced of the value of this ritual and, if not, would this possible lack of faith be a sensitive situation vis-a-vis family/peers (situation to be handled with gloves.)

Another guilt aspect that could be venting is: "I am not worthy," i.e., the gloved hand (because you are not clean?), plus the action of being given a beetle, something that crawls and is unclean, instead of the Host, as a reprimand for not being good.

In other words, are you questioning your faith lately and do you feel guilty about it, or what other thing may you be feeling guilty about that is somehow getting connected to your faith/highest self? Victoria

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Miami

Re: Re: beetle in dream

Thanks for your thoughts Victoria,
I shall reflect about the aspects of guilt.
Tieing this in with my recent life events ,,,, it struck me last night that the priest (higher self) was giving me something ,,,, like a pill to swallow,,, something that I ingest (take into myself) - in my searches the beetle can be a symbol of renewal and rebirth ,,,, so this 'pill' may be apparently unpalatable (a beetle) but be the source of great positive change ,,,, this ties in with recent issues in my life.
Another detail was that the gloves were cycling gloves ,,, protective yes, with the fiingers cut off for snesitivity ,,,, so I am protected from being hurt by the pill I must swallow and yet retain the sensitivity to 'grasp' the situation

too far fetched? great fodder for reflection - thanks

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Re: Re: beetle in dream

Justin, it sounds like you know exactly what it is all about! Good luck. Victoria

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: Re: Re: beetle in dream

thanks Victoria - I had no idea what it was about when I woke up and through most of the day, then an urge to get home and look at the symbolism (never done that), some time later when my mind was in neutral ,,, the idea of being given a pill to swallow just popped into my head ,,,
thanks for yr feedback - nice to know it is not too way out, sometimes anothers perspective can really help to see the obvious

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: beetle in dream

I see no need to comment any further that what has been stated. No doubt this dream is addressing your inner search and your higher self is compensating your waking life.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: beetle in dream

Thanks Gerard and everyone,
Can I ask how to get more insight into the 'how' to align myself more is will enough for the outer world to change, or can I gain some insights from my deeper self?
This part of the dream was preceded by me walking through a room and felt a 'presence' behind me - I turned and saw nothing then lights, and I was scared but knew I had to face this and knew that I could, then two hands appreared out of the light and then I was seated talking to this deity-like figure.... deep important stuff that I cannot remember
Then the priest and beetle
when i left there,
I fiddled around doing things - like climbing a bookshelf, and something fell off the top - I could see from the clock that Iwas late for meeting my ex-girlfriend ,,, when i met her I got a talking to ,,,,
Can this give me insights into the 'how's' to change in my outer life
Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: beetle in dream

Hi Justin,
I recently had the same question. I located a link on the MDS site on this page http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/carljung.html
that links to
http://www.mentalhelp.net/psyhelp/chap15/

I've not yet had time to read all the information but it appears to be what I was looking for.

Regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Central OH

Finding out what to do in response to a dream can be quite challenging. In Oz there is a book I have found that is quite useful. It is Dream Alchemy by Jane Teresa Anderson. It has 41 common dreams explained in great detail and each has 3 options of Alchemical Practice to do if you want to transform. You can order her book at www.dream.net.au.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks Gerard and everyone,
Can I ask how to get more insight into the 'how' to align myself more is will enough for the outer world to change, or can I gain some insights from my deeper self?
This part of the dream was preceded by me walking through a room and felt a 'presence' behind me - I turned and saw nothing then lights, and I was scared but knew I had to face this and knew that I could, then two hands appreared out of the light and then I was seated talking to this deity-like figure.... deep important stuff that I cannot remember
Then the priest and beetle
when i left there,
I fiddled around doing things - like climbing a bookshelf, and something fell off the top - I could see from the clock that Iwas late for meeting my ex-girlfriend ,,, when i met her I got a talking to ,,,,
Can this give me insights into the 'how's' to change in my outer life
Thanks

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Justin,
Changing the outer life becomes automatic when you search the inner life. I have come to believe without hesitation that this comes about through a thorough search of your whole life, from your earliest memories to the present day. Jung's Individuation Process is the path I recommend. By understanding the different aspects of the psyche in relationship to your own personal life will help you understand better how the past influences the present. Also understanding the mid-life thing, it being a true death and resurrection, is also important {since you are in the throngs of mid-life}. Kathy gives good advice about Mental Health.net. My CG Jung Page has a lot of material that will help you understand the whole process of the psyche.
And we can't forget Joseph Campbell. Perhaps the best place to start in the whole process is his 'Power of Myth' series. This is where I began. Read the exerpts I have provided {I believe I have eight pages} then read the book {or better yet buy the video and watch it}. Campbell prepares you for the sometimes difficult task of understanding Jungian ideas.

There is much to do when properly dissecting one's life. It is not something that happens overnight. It is an evolving process that takes a lot of effort and time. But for those who dare undertake the task of self examination there are great rewards for the future. This is the hero path. Myths are the cumulative dreams of the world psyche. Dreams are the individual myths that provide insights to the true life, beyond the ego-centered life that controls and often betrays the true self. And when one discovers the true Self? You find at the core of who you are a creative and spiritual person. Without these you miss the essential mission in life. It is in the muse. the song, the poem, the painting, the simple flower that expesses our deepest self. That is what you are really searching for. Removing the 'accumulatied 'debris and rubbish' from your life is the first step. After that you naturally gravitate to the other aspects that reveal the soul.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: beetle in dream

Thank you Gerard for all this, for helping with the path
Thank you also to Victoria, Kathy and Stephen - I have looked and am chasing these sites + books :)

Re: Re: beetle in dream

POW! That's the bookshelf you climbed and the book that fell off the shelf! No matter if you're running late for this one... its never too late.

Victoria

stats from 7-14-10 to the present