Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bridge over troubled water.

hi ,i would be grateful for any thoughts on this new dream of mine.
i am on a country road driving with my family,the sun is shining everything is bursting with colour ,the road becomes a track and i feel i might have taken a wrong turn somewhere , i feel a bit lost as nothing seems familiar.i get out and look over a low hedge and see the road i should be on,everything looks familiar now,(if you follow your bliss,you put yourself on a track thats been waiting for you),i get onto this road through a gap in the hedge,looking up the country road i see a cottage to the right(my dream home) and a signpost at a crossroads with local destinations that i know,i really feel i know where i am now.i realise i am standing on a narrow footbridge made of stones over a clear stream,to my right i see someone has discarded an old wrecked motorcycle dumping it in the stream,i am appalled at how anyone could do such a thing in a place like this,to my left ,(i have to shield my eyes as the sun is reflecting so brightly off the water).i see beneath the surface,a bicycle wheel turning and then rolling out of itself,(this reminded me of, another joseph campbell snippet,the wheel rolling out of its own centre.(what you become when you slay the dragon called,thou shalt).this whole dream reminds me of the strong promptings i have had recently about simplifying my life and getting back in tune with the seasons and the earth etc.,
the dream did feel possitive as i went from thinking i had made a wrong decision and feeling a bit lost, to getting back on the right track.i know myself ,both jerry and victoria have confirmed this for me,that i am in a major transitional phase .i await the inner promptings to guide me on.regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? england

Re: bridge over troubled water.

You are traveling in your natural habitate, that direction you wish to go. But you are afraid of making wrong decisions even though you have the required confidence you need in your decision process. You are at a significant point in your life but you must overcome the daily obstacles. You know the steps that you must take but the wreckage in life is a henderance. You sometimes are blinded by the path but beneath the surface is the turning wheels of time that help you evolve.
Make sense to you?
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: bridge over troubled water.

jerry i believe you have helped me experience an epiphany,i asked myself,what is it thats the wreckage,burnt out,stripped bare,exhausted and of no more use,and has no place here,its the old me!the transitional phase i am in,ie the bridge,goodbye the old,hello the new,death and rebirth,
my disapointments from the past,have made me lose confidence in the greater scheme of things,mainly because of my own false hopes and desires.
i believe i am in transit to a newer self .regards steve.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: bridge over troubled water.

Steve,
I have read your dream posting a number of times and have to say that I feel a real connection. I had a similar dream (uncanny, in fact, just how similar) several weeks ago. Again, everything spoke of transition, crossroads, debris/wreckage, and unfamiliar territory, at times. I'm not fully aware of your life circumstances, other than you happen to fall into that bracket that Gerard lovingly refers to as "mid-life". As I'm sure you've discovered, we're often faced with challenges...and if we listen to the world's voice we are consistently reminded of all we have lost - perhaps now only suitable for the "wreckage" heap. Tuning into the spirit, however, allows us to fully grasp who we really are and what we still possess within us...all the while tapping into limitless (not to mention, ageless)resources of the spiritual.

Interestingly, in my dream the "old woman" appeared and simply instructed me to "pay attention and watch for the signs" - when I did, I began to discover that the road I was traveling had true meaning.

Good things are ahead for you, my friend - enjoy the journey and "watch for the signs".

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

Re: Re: bridge over troubled water.

deedee,many thanks for your words and encouragement,i am convinced because of this dream,that great change is afoot,and involves the casting off of my past, old self(cycle),in england we have another meaning for the word gutted(the wrecked motorcycle) which is dissapointment! ,and as jerry once again spotted this is a hinderance.
my past dissapointments have caused me to doubt the validity of spiritual matters,and because of that,have made me unsure as to where i am,and where i am going ,although deep down i know. and now i am faced with the reality of this inner world becoming known,i love the grail stories,and the secret of the grail is,we are here to serve it,and not it serve us,to read this is one thing,but to experience it is greater.i will stay the course,and look for the signs.
with reference to the grail stories i have just read up on the chapel perilous,now there is a brilliant metaphor,for the condition of middle age and spiritual transformation.many thanks once again for your support .regards steve.

Re: Re: Re: bridge over troubled water.

One thing that I constantly remind myself is what Campbell said about the journey; it is full of trails and revelations. Just as you come upon a great discovery, there is a another obstacle that has to be overcome. Much like the knights of King Arthur's Roundtable, life is about the adventure. And to fully participate in the adventure one must undertake the task of slaying many dragons. Whereas in Arthur's time it was the firey mythical dragon, in our lives it is most often the social dragon. And the accumulated dragons we have put upon ourselves from our earlier life experiences. Mid-life is when those dragons begin to appear and they must be dealt with, one by one.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: Re: Re: bridge over troubled water.

jerry,i am under no illusions as to the round and round of the journey,and rightly or wrongly, i do not believe in happy ever after,that would mean that the good old trickster was dead ,that would be boring,as you said its all about trials and revelations, many a dragon to slay, i can take the trials,as for the revelations,i feel that some revelations are a trial in themselves,i am in the chapel perilous,and i cannot leave by the door i came in.
regards steve.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present