Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
crisis @ the crossroad

i swore yesterday that would give dream interpretation a miss for a while,but the dream i had last night changed all that,i would appreciate your thoughts.
i arrive yet again at a crossroads,i am with a female who is on my left,she turns to me and says,the bottom has dropped right out of the dream world,and promptly collapses unconscious to the floor.
i am thinking about calling an ambulance,when she starts to come round,and insists that shes ok.there are cars going by and two people walk past ,nobody is interested in helping,i am on my own .in the centre of the crossroads i see a bright red bucket half full of a white liquid,i know i will have to get it quickly, before its run over by a vehicle.
if this bucket was full of some healing fluid or refreshment, i could have understood this dream a bit better.
i feel that this dream has come to correct my conscious attitude in some way,many thanks ,steve the troubled

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? england

Re: crisis @ the crossroad

Steve,
I sense something that goes beyond the world of realization of the hero path, something that you have yet to confront in your personal life. This is something I have thought about presenting to you from your other posts but have refrained from doing so because you are so aware of your path. Something seems to be blocking your path. Is there something that still lurks in the shadows?
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: crisis @ the crossroad

jerry,
i wished i knew what it was,the female in the dream ,i thought was my wife, who i have been married to for 25 years.we have no personal problems at all.and she is very supportive of my interest in spiritual and psychological matters,although she has no time for this herself,i do worry about her ,, she works for a bank,she is a caring helpful employee and is great at helping people sort out there financial problems,but she has been under extreme pressure to sell,sell,sell,i am sure you know what i mean,and its making her ill,although she wont admit it.i would do anything to be able to get her away from this greedy,selfish, work enviroment,hense the sudden revelation of ,returning to a more natural,simplified life style,but i do feel that i am on my own with this thought,perhaps there is a choice i will have to make.
this i suppose could be an obstacle,and perhaps i am not as aware of the journey as i thought i was.
i have to admit that this dream took me completely by supprise.regards steve.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Steve,
A little perspective from a former resident of 'Hell'.

I was a sales rep for a disc packaging manufacturer for 7 years. For the first five years I loved!! my job. Then came a new boss & the dot com bust/bad economy. The pressure was on to sell, sell, sell & make the numbers. Previously I had managed my job to my own personal ethics and was highly successful without being a high pressure sales personality. With the shift I put myself through hell. ‘I am my own worst critic…’ scenario. I changed from a happy, upbeat, humorous, positive ‘glass is half full’ person to someone with no self confidence, anxiety ridden, doubting my self worth and abilities. I, too, expressed physical symptoms from pushing away from my central self… anxiety, stress, sleepless nights, chest pain, excessive weight gain, high blood pressure, etc, etc. It finally hit me when my Dr. told me I wasn’t my usual positive, upbeat self and suggested I start anti anxiety medication, told me I was at serious risk for a heart attack abd MUST lose the weight I’d put on to lower my blood pressure & heart attack risk. That’s when it hit me…my job was killing me. Told him no thanks to the meds, if I couldn’t work it out in 6 months I’d return to start the medication. Spent some time thinking about how I’d make the bills, am I willing to lose the house, car, (material possessions) etc, if I walked away from a good income? Was such a wreck I couldn’t even think about looking for another job. Another opportunity, risky at that, presented itself (parts business for antique British motorcycles). Just as that door opened my boss announced I had to travel more. I was already out on the road every other week & not happy about that. That was it, wasn’t going to do it anymore. Decided if I had to live in a cardboard box under an overpass I’d be alive and happy, not dead (For my own mental safety net I ahd to devise & accept a plan to send my daughter to live with her father in Mississippi, buy an old van to live in, move south for the warmer winters, etc.) Took this as a sign & turned in my resignation. When I quit Hell it took two solid weeks before I was sleeping through the night and six weeks before the chest pains and constant negative thoughts about ‘Hell’ dissipated. While the Brit bike parts business was successful it wasn’t what I wanted to do. (His dream, not mine.) And mid life transition…now is the chance to fulfill my life goals. Lots of introspection. It afforded me the time to begin the journey & get back to my self. I’d lost the ‘creativity’ aspect to work and greatly missed it. I spent the year + working on my self, trying different creative outlets until I found three things I really enjoy…creative writing, making jewelry and graphic design. Through all I can express my creative self. Then, last December I hooked up with a friend and we started a jewelry business. A year and a half out of Hell I’m still struggling financially…and realize I may always be on the edge, but I’m back to center & back to happy.

I remember telling a friend, who at the time was still entrenched in Hell, that when I was in Hell I didn’t know there was anything other than Hell. Once I freed myself, I found a world outside and it's full of beauty and grace. (Reminds me of the scene in The Republic by Plato where the bound are in a cave, seeing the captors, masters, as grotesque shadows, monsters, cast on the wall by fires light but when freed and emerged, after adjusting their sight to the bright sunlight, they come to see a world that they never knew existed, at first fearful of it then finding the beauty of it, and the masters were not monsters but merely men.)

This may be the internal struggle your wife is now in. A job she at one time loved, enjoyed and performed exceptionally well has now shifted to something she can not personally reconcile within herself because she has an altruistic personality, (helping people is more important than ‘sell them something, anything’). Support her, offer her help in seeing ‘the light and beauty of the outside world’ because possibly now she’s having difficulty seeing beyond ‘Hell’. She may be entrenched, her vision may be clouded. (Perhaps if she has not read The Republic you could obtain a copy for her as a gift. Maybe write inside the cover a personal message of love, understanding and support to further help her.) It helped me the most to actually face the worst possible outcome, devise a survival plan and deciding that was better than the current situation. And that there ARE positives that come with a worst possible outcome. Personal freedom, more freedom from materialism, happiness and opportunity to be who she truly wants to be. And…that staying the course brings opportunities where she thought there were none.

Be prepared to give her plenty of time to decompress should she decide to leave 'Hell' & return to her center. It was a full six months before I could see the beauty again.

Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Central OH

kathy,many thanks for your words,i can see that you have been there,done that,got the hat.i am pleased you managed to instigate an escape back to your real self,by making changes.i too am instigating changes in a hope of getting back on to a better track,not just for myself but family aswell,my wife might take some persuading though,as her life evolves around this job.i am learning that ,the only way to find something of true value,is to have trouble in obtaining it.
last night i had a breakthrough,i dreamt i was in the pitch black,when a huge ferocious werewolf/bear creature turned round to roar in my face,absolutely terrifying,i pushed my face into its,and i roared back. ! whatever this ordeal is,i know the only way out is forward,
i hope the sun shines bright for you.regards steve.

Hi Steve,
You may want to investigate what feelings you have when you can't help your wife in her work situation. It seems that your dream could be giving you a different perspective. What feeling did you have when you felt the need to come to the aid of the bucket? This seems to tie in with your werewolf/bear dream. You seemed to express an emotion. Have a look at what the emotion is? For example anger could equate to hurt, fear or frustration. Last of all have you had any real life experiences in the last couple of days that reflect the feelings the dreams are pointing to? Anyway, just some things for you to consider. Stephen.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

stephen ,many thanks for your insights,i realise this dream is talking about my awareness of my wifes denial of the situation,shes consciously switched herself off to be able to cope,i have sensed this and feel helpless,i do not feel anger,but compassion towards her plight,which also involves me.we have talked about it together and its come out.
i made this breakthrough on remembering an episode of carl jungs life,he was riding a bike,with a friend one day,when he was seized by a blackout ,a while later he came around,and told his friend that he had the overwhelming feeling that something was wrong at home ,he described a feeling of drowing and suffocation,and fled back home as fast as he could,on arrival ,he was met by pandamonium ,and as it transpired one of his family members had fallen in the lake and would have drowned,if not for someone dragging the person out,the strange thing is this happened at the same time that jung had his attack,this became part of jungs basis for synchronicity,and psychic symphathy,i feel this dream was about psychic symphathy with my wife,that has just become evident.i have had difficulty with this sort of energy,i could say it holds no water for me,when the bottom drops out of something,you no longer buy it,which i feel is a pun on, i do not believe ,as to the bucket and white fluid which i had to grasp,then this is it.it was a nice bucket,a strong bucket,and held the milk of human kindness,it is this i need to grab. may be i have turned a blind eye to my wifes dilemma in the past,because she seemed to be coping ok.but the truth will out.and you can only play the game for so long.many thanks for your thoughts on this,but i feel that it is concluded.
as for the werewolf/bear dream,this is about acceptance,i believe most strongly that below the evolution towards so called enlightenment,there is another world going on,a primal one,the world of our ancestors,the shaman,a scary world,this is the world that is showing itself to me,it is this that i have to reconcile my self to,before i can evolve,if i was a native american,i would not have a problem with this world,but being a westerner,and detatched consciously ,it tends to burst through at unlikely times.i am a the bottom of the evolutionary ladder,as far as spirituality is concerned ,and i have to come to terms with the basics.this is how i see it ,and i am ok with this now.
regards steve.

Re: Re: Re: crisis @ the crossroad

Hi Steve,
You & your family will get there. And yes, I too am finally learning the value of life's lessons are directly related to the difficulty in learning or achieving.

Just FYI, while reading your new dream I had a mental image of the Steppenwolf book cover depicting the character Herman Haller and his werewolf shadowed or imposed one on the other. It's been some time since I read that. Not sure why it came to mind.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Re: crisis @ the crossroad

Oops! Correction - I think the character name is Harry Haller. Author's name is Herman Hesse.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: crisis @ the crossroad

thanks kathy,i have read steppenwolf by herman hesse,siddartha by the same author is better.
the werewolf figure has for along time been associated with the male sex drive,the beast within,as the fairytale,says,some men are hairy on the inside.but the monster if you like in my dream,that i have to come to terms with,is one of primal energy ,or more correctly,my fear of it.i am reminded of a section in one of the starwars episodes,when master yoda tells luke skywalker to go into a dark primal looking forest to face his fear.he asks luke if he is frightened,he replies no,good says yoda,you will be.when at first i was made aware of this powerful inner unconscious realm,i was not afaid,not because i was brave,but through naeivty,and arrogance,all this has changed for me now,and i am more aware of being in the presence of something greater than myself.what will become of me ,only time will tell.its been very interesting looking at other peoples journeys via dreams and experiences on this site,and it is most definatly true that like the heroes( male and female)of old ,we all enter the forest by different paths,see you in the centre!regards steve

Revealing dream, Steve. I've been following the posts...especially your replies - and it has been interesting to observe your evolution; moving from a place of uncertainty to a position of understanding of this particular dream message. You stated early on "I feel that this dream has come to correct my conscious attitude in some way." This was the statement which caught my attention.

Your mention of the unconscious realm and at times the fear of being in the presence of a force greater than yourself - also caught my attention. This seems to be my journey of the moment. Making peace with this realm...moving from a place of fear to a place of respect. It's far easier to learn from that which you respect than from that which you fear.

Psychic sympathy - or psychic empathy. This is key! You made a comment to me regarding one of my dream postings, "By showing compassion and interest in others, you have discovered a very special part of yourself...a gift...maybe something you've always known about."

I believe the same may be true for you!

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

deedee,thank you for your support,the most amazing thing about this one particular dream is, i have looked at it from different angles, i like to try and fit dream to myths, if i feel there is a connection,and this dream radiated the grail story,especially the magic words,what ails you.
the knights are not dead,but doth wake from long slumber to the worlds cry,many thanks, steve.

Steve,
After reading the many find responses I still believe it has something to do with your personal life. The bottom has dropped out of the dream world. You are back in your personal life. White liquid reminds me of white out, what we use to cover up our mistakes in typing. The vehicle is you. Running over it may xpose what it is.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

your absolutley right jerry,early on in the responses to this dream,i have put that,i ran over this dream with my wife,and it came out,she has been in denial as to her happiness and well being at work and has been covering to cope,i had felt that something was not right,even though she showed no outward signs,subliminal perception,psychic symphathy call it what you will,but i do feel that this dream was talking about this particular situation,or my perceptions about it,brought it out in the open,this has been a crossroads for the pair of us.regards steve

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present