Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Method of Interpreting Dreams

Insights to how I interpret dreams

When I interpret a dream I do so sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph. Within the paragraph I do not always interpret a symbol according to its position in the paragraph, or even in a sentence. It is the whole sentence or paragraph that provides the clues. The motif begins to take form.

If I have a dream that is broken down into 3 different paragraphs I interpret paragraph separately, looking for the motif within the paragraph. Most always the paragraphs are related and the whole motif of the dream falls into place when examing the different interpretations of each paragraph. I seldom read the whole dream first. Each symbol needs to be examined, as is each paragraph. The message often begins to flow from the metaphors seen within the symbols and present a motif{s} that becomes clearer as I interpret the dream.

A great deal to understanding dreams is intuitive. But the intuitiveness is connected to the philosophies of Jung, those philosophies themselves being from a collective intuitive psyche. Even when I interpret dreams on a personal level the intuitive mind reaches back to the collective psyche for better understanding. This is natural since all dreams deal both with the personal and deeper aspects of the psyche. There are days when I look at a dream and see the flow, understand what the dream is trying to communicate. Other times I have trouble doing so. Those times are usually when I have to deal with my own personal world, when the thinking self is at a maximum and the intuitive sense is lessened. I do not try to force an interpretation. If I have a problem with an interpretation I stop and either wait until later in the day or wait until the next morning.

Any questions/comments?
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Method of Interpreting Dreams

Good info. After reading your prior dream post I merged my life journal with dream journal. I noted you examined the days events and main areas of thought in the interpretation. This has helped, too.

I fall behind interpreting dreams. I do well until I have successive nights with more than two dreams. I then fall behind leaving some, those that don't evoke as much emotion or emotive reaction, until I have more time. How important is it to interpret a dream & in what time frame is it still relevent?

Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Central OH

Re: Method of Interpreting Dreams

Gerard - I've found your interpretive skill both fascinating and informative. I feel that I've learned much since participating in the dream forum...from you, as well as other "dreamers". It has been particularly interesting to follow the patterns/similarities of like age groups...both from a dream perspective as well as life event circumstances. I enjoy (and would like to see more of)the dialogue - especially for the benefit of amateurs, such as myself. The dream posts which have 5 or more replies are often where I learn the most about the dream process and the intuitive interpretation. All in all, this is an excellent forum...I hope to participate more as my confidence level develops.

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

Re: Re: Method of Interpreting Dreams

Kathy,
It takes a lot of time and effort to interpret dreams. Do the different dreams tend to be along the same lines, generally speaking to the same subject or do they take on different subjects, perhaps related? Is there any particular structure to your dreams that stand out? I think dreams generally tend to point out the subject being addressed at the beginning of the dream, what aspects it is addressing in general. Then the dream seems to a bit more specific about your present condition, shines more lite on the dream message. Then the dream closes with possible solutions or/and what may help you to find solutions.
Every dream is different but it seems this prevelnet structure in dreams.
Gerard

I don't personal keep a diary but look at those dreams that stand out to interpret. Most often they confirm much that I already know but they always provide new insights to the subject. I also look at dreams so to judge my progression, or regression if that should occur.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Method of Interpreting Dreams

Dialog is great for everyone. I hope as time goes on we have more members participate at the forum. I used to be a regular visitor to Dream Central's site and admired the many members who participated in that forum. Unfortunately there was too much anti-Jung sentiments to Dream Doc's interpretations. The more I read her posts the more they sounded like Jungian dressed in guise of her own thinking. It is not about who is right or wrong but admitting to what works best for the dreamer.
Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Method of Interpreting Dreams

Sometimes there is a connection but not usually. When I find a connection I interpret the set as a series.

It's almost a conflict of wills between intellect and intuition when interpreting. I need the intellect first to record the dreams then view the dreams with an objective eye. Then I try to release the intellect and utilize intuition for the personal message and interpretation.

I believe once I'm more comfortable with the Jungian based method it'll improve. I'll continue working to quiet the intellect to move intuition forward during interpretation.

Regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Central OH

Re: Re: Re: Method of Interpreting Dreams

Dear Gerard and all,
I am greatly enjoying the MDS site and its posts - learning about dreams and feeling the connectedness of 'us' ,,,, people / humanity - thru dreams.
I can also echo the issue of time to review dreams, and feel that it shows how caught up and busy we can all be ,,, so easy to put all the other things first and leave my inner work at the bottom ,,,,
Thanks too, I have got a copy of Campbell's book on Myth ,, and ready to enjoy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present