Jungian/Psychology Based [ GO ]

www.powerofdreams.net

Dream Forum
[Since 2005]
Myths-Dreams-Symbols    www.mydrsy.com    Since 1998
The Dream is to The Psyche

As the Immune System is to the body

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: a jaguar again

Thanks for your response,
Well I am in the process of concealing my opposites parts, and my confrontation with my unconscious, which is still dark to me, I do feel something strong in me, the side I usually don’t show, or never?, and the external or more conscious? is a soft kind of personality I have, I mean the way a I talk, character, I don’t know where this strength is coming from. I thought it will go away after I got into a good terms and become friend with my ex, but now is like a passion to do certain things or activities, a commitments, being disciplined with myself. If I have to get to know that aggressive nature in me, I have to prepare myself?

This aspect of my personality (agressive) could be something that I don’t know or have not discovered yet?, what make you think is repressed?

In regard of intellectual changes I am in the stage of following my intuitive strong passion, to learn what I really like, I don’t go into this with pre-settled ideas; every thing is new to me. I have been studying in the university and discovered they don’t teach you all, the courses you take are settled by a group of “intellectuals”, and this is very limited, is like put barriers on you..

This path ok knowing myself could be sometimes stressful..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Florida

Re: Re: Re: a jaguar again

Marie,
Obviously you do have a soft personality and in the world today that is often seen as a weakness. I see it as a positive. I sensed this aspect very keenly in your dream post. Do you have any difficulities in general in your waking life where you find yourself at a disadvantage because of your personality?

I say repress when it could be a matter of simply ignoring this masculine aspect. You say you are in the process of concealing your opposite parts. Is this done knowingly and if so why? Is there soemthing deeper that you are trying to conceal. I ask these questions just to clarify your position for my better understanding. I think I approached your dream properly. It now remains a matter of determining what processes that need addressing. Concelaing is a form of repression and repression is done only when one has not yet acknowledge the opposites properly. That something strong within could very well be that masculine self wanting to be expressed, not as the master of your life but as an equal, creating balance. If indeed your personality is too soft then perhaps you need a stronger masculine presence to balance out your personality. Not an easy thing to do but may be what you need.

Let me know your thoughts on my comments.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: a jaguar again

Yeah, sometimes I felt I need to show my strong part, when find myself in that situations my response is to be aside. I felt strong inside in a way of being very independent, can say rebel, questioning every thing, in don’t try to just follow a way of thinking, living. These thoughts or determination (I’m trying to put a name on them), are different on the way I project my personality, my actions, like being scared of a roach, being introspective, shy sometimes, at my age!! All these things are the opposite. I just feel need to balance them.

I don’t know yet if there is something deeper to conceal, at least I don’t sense other conflicts now, most of the time I feel in “peace”, you give me a good point of view, thank you, I just read Jung and in this paragraph he said each of us needs to create our own recipe to conceal our opposites, do you have any idea on this?, perhaps I need to start drawing my mandalas.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a jaguar again

Marie,
The repression could be your inability to project your true self to the outer world. As an extravert I lived an introverted life as a boy. I believe it stunted my growth in many ways. If I had not recovered {via the help of a male role model teacher in high school} I could very well still live in that introverted state. An extravert living as an introvert can never find true balance because the true self has never had the opportunity to express itself.

Normally such inabilities to be that true self stem from factors from early in life {as mine did}. There may a deeper repression some where. Mandalas are great to meditate with. But I would focus on more self examination of the inner self through Jung's 'Individuation Process'. It takes effort but understanding the psyche opens up new understanding of those things you could not understand before. Something that has been there all along suddenly opens up, and you see.
Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present
Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a jaguar again

Hi Gerard,
I was living in a different house than mine, my mother, my exhusband's mother, and a baby girl were at this house, I just acquired a jaguar, I hanged up (close to the roof) the baby (with her chair), so the animal won't reach her, then I was trying to accommodate and domesticate the animal in my house, I put a collar, feed him, the women in the house were cooking to feed him, at one moment I put the jaguar in one empty room, that was the same I have in my real house, closed the door, then when I came back to feed him again I found the animal was in a walking position, and it was turned in a man, he was a bit wild, and looked at me, then he started walking and become a jaguar again, the animal was very docile all the time. The next thing I remember it was a beautiful shine morning and I went to get some kind of license or permit in a office to put him in my green back yard. I felt like the observer, because I don't see myself in the dream.
I can interpret the men in my dream is a masculine aspect that is trying to develop?, because I was feeding the animal many times this could mean that I need to put more attention in this masculine side in me? any idea?
thank you
Marie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: a jaguar again

You are outside your main domain, or seeing something that is not ordinary in your everyday life. This thing is addressing a masculine/feminine aspect, an aspect that may be subdued by a needed masculine trait. This requires some new initatives on your part, some intellectual changes. Your old way of thinking may threaten your ability to understand this new thing that you have acquired. This new thing can be aggressive and you try to accomidate it by using your feminine aspects of persuation. Only by isolating this aggressive nature about yourself can you feel at home. You may be repressing something. By doing this you can control the aggressive nature of the beast {you}.

You wish to keep this aspect as a part of your total self but you do not consciously see how this can be done {since it is a repressed trait and is aggressive, contrary to your feminine nature}.

I think the dream is addressing an unconscious aspect of your personality that you repress. You probably use your intuitive feminine skills in place of this needed masculine trait to get by. But if you incorporate this masculine side {aggressive} trait you will be better suited in facing the tasks before you in your waking life. But this masculine trait needs to be tempered by the feminine. In other words be more aggressive but in a passive way. I honestly believe the psyche is feminine first {we all are born feminine and then we take on our true physical traits} and we must live from that. Just as Jesus {I use Jesus as an example but I reject the christian dogma associated with him} lived out of the feminine {he was first compasionate, loving, caring, then he was male} he had to use his aggressive nature when confronted with the outrage of the money changers in the temple. But he never lost his feminine identity in his psyche.

Does this seem to fit your personality? You obviously have given thought to it since you mention it in your post. Look forward to your response.

Gerard