Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Balcony pulled down

Hi Jerry and all - I would appreciate some direct feedback on this; although I have some understandings
It is in three parts - but unsure of the order (time is not relevant in dreams)

1. looking across at a multileveled older style building. A section of the outside balustrade was being pulled off and let to fall. It didn't hurt anyone below, although there were no safety measures. felt that this would leave the possibility for people to fall - but that the balcony was rotten and dangerous and needed to go and that this was less risky than keeping something that looked ok but that was actually dangerous
2. walked into a room of a place where I used to work, re-met my colleagues (who in life I was happy to move on from, as didn't respect them). Re-met one person in particular, thinking he had taken my position - thought how sad as he was always self-serving and slimy. Looked at old photos of this person, his different appearances over the years; he was better looking outwardly now, but still the same person ....
- 3. ?enjoying pizza, feelings of wholeness, comfort,

,, I guess dreams really reflect how we are and guide if we are brave enough

Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Balcony pulled down

looking across at a multileveled older style building. A section of the outside balustrade was being pulled off and let to fall. It didn't hurt anyone below, although there were no safety measures. felt that this would leave the possibility for people to fall - but that the balcony was rotten and dangerous and needed to go and that this was less risky than keeping something that looked ok but that was actually dangerous

The multilevel older style building is probably a reference to your life at the moment, at mid-life. You are likley trying to make changes in your life and feel that some are necessary although you are unsure your actions are always right {fear of change is normal}. Thos rotten things in life {TS Eliot's poem the Wasteland. Looking back at all the wasted things in life} is proper and they need to be addressed. It is a part of the self examination process that we all need to go through at mid-life.

walked into a room of a place where I used to work, re-met my colleagues (who in life I was happy to move on from, as didn't respect them). Re-met one person in particular, thinking he had taken my position - thought how sad as he was always self-serving and slimy. Looked at old photos of this person, his different appearances over the years; he was better looking outwardly now, but still the same person ....

The room is an aspect of yourself. Meeting old colleagues is meeting older parts, aspects, past experiences. These were parts you did not like but now must confront so to put them in their proper place. The one person in particular may be that self as you would have been if you had not moved on. You look different on the outside {age tends to do that} but in so many ways you are the same person {hopefully retaining the positives and leaving behind the negatives}.

enjoying pizza, feelings of wholeness, comfort

Pizza may symbolize variety. You are filling out, becoming a 'rounded' person by the process of self examination.

What do you think? Does my words make sense or am I losing my touch?
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: Balcony pulled down

Thanks Jerry, your comments fill out my dream in a kinder way than I felt; certainly in my outer life I have seen the reflections of my inner aspects that I do not like - this has been confronting, and becomiing clearer over the past weeks - this dream really clarified thngs for me.
The balcony - "protective", but now rotten and needing to be pulled down. The unprotectedness of this - and yet to leave the balcony was a danger ,,, the rot was not visible outwardly ,,, "camoflouged" ,,,apparently protective aspects of me that underneath are a danger,,, not offering the protection that they were meant to provide.
I liked yr interpretation of the person I did not like ,,,, being the person I might have become if I don't change - as I have digested this dream it is clear that he is a "negative role model' ,,,, customised for me - an easy reminder of who not to be
Luckily dreams of pizza are calorie free
Thanks Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present