Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
black and white suit

I dreamt that I was wearing a black suit with a white top underneath. It was like I kept trying to cover myself up by pulling the jacket close over my breast. The jacket was big (oversized) and I felt that I was in a compromising position with someone in the dream. This person was not shown. All I could really see was myself, in black, covering this white shirt up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Friendswood Tx

Re: black and white suit

Black often symbolizes the unconscious. Covering up the white {purity, innocence, happiness} with black may represent that you are covering up one of these aspects. Unconsciously you are aware of what it is but consciously you do not, as of yet. The breast could represent the heart, or just the breasts. The jacket is another item to cover up with. But it also represents warmth. Too much warmth from the wrong person {too big}. Or too much affection from the wrong person. The compromising position is probably a straightforward expression. The unknown person may symbolize some unknown quality about yourself {what lies within the unconscious}, or it may represent a repressed aspect, or a real person that has been repressed.

The dream seems to be about some experience in your life that you have ignored or repressed. It may have to do innocence {yours} and someone who has taken it away {the unknown person}.

On the other hand it may have to do with your own emotional attitude. There may some innocence you possessed that has been taken away by other attitudes or emotions you possess. If you are happy person in general but have recently had your happiness compromised by other emotions, then perhaps this is the message of the dream.

Look back in your life to determine if there were compromising experiences thatmay have had to taking your innocence. If not then look inward to your own emotions. It is you who is wearing the bacl suite covering up the white top {mental}. Let me know what you come up with and we can go from there.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Of course there are many situations in my life that have taken away "innocence" from me. I won't go into detail in this type of arena. Anyway, currently there is a situation that maybe I am not mature enough or gutsy enough to take it on, but I guess my point is, none of these situations I can think of are new. I have spent much time analyzing these situations and I think the dream means that yes Im dressed in black, (impure, tainted) just due to life experiences, but subconciously I still think that Im above certain behavior. Subconciously I think that I don't have the same weakness' that others have, but I've found that this is not true. Im just like everyone else. But I think that the reason Im trying to cover up the "white" shirt is because maybe Im trying to maintain this deception, (the deception is that I think Im still pure in some way). A deception I've created for myself.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Re: Re: black and white suit

Your answer seems to confirm the symbology in your dream. But I would look deeper into the situation{s} that took away your 'innocence'. There is no need, as you indicated, to go into those personal aspects here at the forum. But until those issues are adequately acknowledged they will remain part of your dreams and the cover-up that the dream wishes to communicate. The jacket may indicate these situations are too big for you to handle, and there is a need to finally acknowledge them once and for all. The compromising position you felt in the dream will remain until all that is unconscious is addressed.
Thanks for your response.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

If something is on your mind all the time, throughout your entire day, everyday, how is that not acknowledging it? Sometimes we cannot always "act" on what we are aware of. Is that what you mean by acknowledging it?

Re: Re: black and white suit

Cindy,
By acknowledging something that resides within I mean that you need to confront the truth of the whole matter and put it in its proper place. If you are aware of some circumstance in your life that has caused several mental distress, you must confront the underlying issues that are at the core of this distress. Carrying it around with you all day, every day signifies it has not been properly dealth with.

Often the issue is who is blame for this distress. You may have the idea that you were to blame for something in childhood that is at the core of your distress. In the cases where Catholic priests abused children, the children often blamed themselves for the abuse for one reason or another. Only until they fully realized {from counciling and theraphy} and acknowledge, 'no, I am not to blame, he did this to me', do they finally start the final healing process. Often it takes a confrontation with the abuser to finally start this process.

Without knowing what specifically is at your core of distress it is impossible for me to say what is not being acknowledeged. If you are consciously aware of some past abuse and are still having mental distress over it I suggest you do seek counciling. If it goes everywhere you go, every day of your life then it has a hold on you, and you can never find that harmony and happiness you seek in life. If you can not act on what you are aware of, if it is a thing that causes mental distress for you, then you must work toward finding a solution to that problem, find a way to act on it. It may be a slow process but whenver you have to climb a mountain there is that first step to be taken.

Gerard

I don't understand the tone of the dream. How did it make you feel?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Amarillo Tx

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present