Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The pool and the ring

I’m on my way to a swimming pool, in a bus, with 3 teachers, and with my fellow students from the 4th year (in waking life I’m also in my 4th year of high school). When we arrive, it seems we’re at my place, but it has changed a lot (especially the living room, some other places, like the kitchen, are still recognisable), although it feels familiar (like I’ve seen it before in waking life) and instead of being in a city (as in waking life) the house is in a town, in the centre. The pool is underground, somewhat in place of the basement (but deeper than the basement is in waking life). My friends and I decide to have a look. Not far from the descent to the pool, there’s a little room where the teachers are talking and laughing (I hear the word ‘rumba’, and think it’s some sort of dancing). We go past that room, following an unknown guy from the 3rd year, and descend the stairs (white, in stone) to the pool. I’m in front. Down there we see the little pool directly below us, without first a room to change clothes or something like that. To get in the pool, you have to go through some sort of slide, a pipe. It doesn’t seem long, but I know it is. I try to turn around, but I’m on a wet and slippery surface, my friends try to warn me, but they’re too late, I slip and fall down into the pipe. I’m going down on my back, with my head first, but I’m not afraid, I know I just can’t escape it. I also notice the pipe is actually really long. The only problem is the stream of water, I’ve got the feeling I can’t breathe anymore so for a minute I’m sitting up, take a breath, lie down again and finally I fall in the pool. As you could imagine I’m completely wet now, and so are my clothes. I decide to change clothes upstairs, in my room, but there are already others busy with changing clothes, so I decide to wait in a corner (btw : my rooms seems bigger, and for now I’m only wearing a towel). When they’re all gone, I can finally change clothes. My room seems perfectly normal now. When I’m done, I want to go downstairs, but then I notice one of the teachers, my teacher French, who also stands in the room. She grabs one of the rings she’s wearing (it’s not a wedding ring, nor an engagement ring) and throws it on my bureau with the words: “Please, have this, and no, you don’t need to thank me.” It seems she did this to avoid me refusing the gift. Another strange thing : her voice and language sounded just like a guy from my class (I don’t know if it’s relevant, but he’s the son of the teacher and I’m actually really fond of him). Then she says: ‘and congratulations once more.’ She is talking about my birthday, strange, since it isn’t my birthday now. She goes downstairs, I follow. While we’re still on the stairs she stops and says, now with a normal voice and language: ‘You can stay here, unless the ‘veille’ is somewhere else.’ She means I don’t have to go back to school because I’m already home, it would be foolish to go back if I’m to return here immediately afterwards. ‘Veille’ is a French word for ‘the evening of yesterday’, what she exactly means with it, I don’t know, I only think it has something to do with dinner. She goes down, I stay where I am, because through the double doors of glass I can see the guy I was talking about earlier. I just watch...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: The pool and the ring

Hi Anneleen
This is a dream rich in meaning. As you may know there are a lot of ways to interpret dreams however as the dream is unique to you the interpretation that ' fits' or 'speaks' to you is probably the right one. There do however seem to be a number of images used in dreams tat are somewhat universal or common to many people this includes objects and numbers. The part of ourselves active when our waking mind is at sleep likes to use images to tell us things. Dreams like this are also worthy of quiet refelction when you are a bus, waiting in a queque etc.
Overall this dream seems to tell me that you are in a period of change and that you are ready and aware of the change. That you have access to deeper resources than you may have previously been aware of.
I am sure others will elaborate further or suggest some nice starting place for this facinating tale of yourself to you.
beat wishes, JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Anneleen,
Here is my interpretation to your dream. I will explain later in understandable language what it probably means to you.

Interpretation

The bus indicates the overall life of teh dreamer, and the teachers may represent learning if life. But the persoanl aspect of teachers must be looked at also. The personal already seems tpo present itself by the dreamer's statement about her 4th year in high school {at 16 a 4th year in high school tells you something}. The 4th year is probably a reference to her years at school but also 4 is a number that represents the desire for balance and harmony. The fellow studenst symbolize her overall psyche, and perhaps takes into account her fellow students in school. The openning sentence about the swimming pool probably represents small unconscious aspects, an indication she is dealing with such things in her life.

Her place is her own psyche. There are changes within herself that are unrecognizable, yet still others she is familiar with. The house, the dreamer, is now in the center, the changes within herself, rather than a focus on those things she is used to in life. The underground pool in the basement is an unconscious awareness of these changes. This is something deeper than her natural awareness, her knowing consciously what is going on. But the changes are strong enough for her psyche to notice, whether her waking conscious does not.

Rooms often symbolize a particular aspect within the dreaamer. Here is a room where learning is prevelant. The room may have something to do with the muse, the creative self. Notice the dancing to the rumba? Teens are offered insights to the creative self. It comes at this age and again at mid-life. Here, as we all usually do, pass up this aspect and go to the next.

She is going deeper into her psyche, following a partly developed masculine aspect. It is still seen as an positive assset {whereas the masculine often becomes a negative in women as they grow older}. She, the dreamer, is still in control and is now confronting small unconscious objects that wnats to cause chnages in her life. There is a pipe, perhaps a conduit of emotional energy, that she has to navigate. Here she finds herself on a slippery surface {may be an indication to what the pipe and the emotional energy is referring to in particular}. She falls headlong into this emotion {this is probably an indication of an emotional experience in her waking life}. She can't escape it, probably because it is a natural aspect in life in which the head knows and perhaps the body has to catch up with.

Her impression of these emotions are changing. She struggles to cope but falls completely into the unconcious pool of emotional energy. She is begiining to realize these emotional changes and the changes within her outer life {changing clothes upstairs}. But she hestitates, wiats for others to go first. This is probably referring to her actual waking life and waiting to see what her peers do before she actually makes these changes in her life. But this part of her is becoming exposed and will become a bigger concern in her life {bigger rooms, wearing only a towel}.

She is becoming usued to these new emotions in her life. But there are other things to learn about this aspect in her life, learning experiences that foreign to her as a youth of 16. The rings may represent the circle of life that she is grabbing for at her early age. The teaching experience is something that is natural, something that we all have and need not thank anyone in particular for it. It can't be avoided {without deep emotional conflicts}.

The voice is now becoming clear. It sounds like a guy's voice. There is a fondness for this masculine aspect in her life. She has aged another year, one for which seeks appreciation of. She is at a place in life where the natural aspects of life engage her waking life. But there is still much unconscious emotions that she must learn about. Veille is french for 'take care' {check it out at Babelfish}. This is the unconscious psyche telling her to take care of the emotional impact of these new emotions that are just now being acknowledged in the dreamer's life.

She {the dreamer} is content {as she should be} to stay where she is and only watch, and learn about these new emotions. They concern the masculine. Something she definitely needs to 'take care' during her life.

Conclusions

I think those who are students of the dream have already drawn the same conclusions as I have to the message of this dream. It involves the emotional changes Anneleen is going through in her life at 16. More precisely it involves the emotional issues of sex and boys, but centered on her own biological and psychologiacl changes having to do with maturing. Not only do the emotional senses begin to take hold at this age in life, but the biological changes that she has been undergoing for several years now are beginning to make themselves known in her waking life. The peer pressure having to do with boys and sex are prevelant in her life. She is in a stage of learning. And the dream indicates she is taking it in and has not giving into the temptations {as yet}.

The dream is dealing with these emotional issues. Consciously she dealing with the issue of a certain guy she admires, sees in her waking life that learning experience of love, sex and men. Yet unconsciously she is looking also {double doors} at the long term emotions that the psyche understands and the young conscious mind at 16 may not.
{She goes down, I stay where I am, because through the double doors of glass I can see the guy I was talking about earlier}.

The pool and the ring. In the circle of the psyche
life there are the unconscious warnings of things to come. Freud saw sex as the whole of the psyche's message to the waking consciousness. Jung saw it as one aspect. Here, in her dream, Anneleen is dealing with that aspect, one among many emotions and aspects within her psyche {her fellow students}.

Ahh!. To be young again. Dreams of what is to come instead of what has became.

Final Remarks

Whereas most dreams that have been posted at the Forum have been by older dreamers, the age of this
dreamer must be taken into account when interpreting
this dream. Most likely, unless there is some traumatic experience that the dreamer has suffered, someone of this age {16} will have their dreams focus more on the personal aspect rather than the deeper aspect. This is partly because a dreamer of the age 16 has yet to journey life's path and accumulate the baggage older dreamers have accumulated. That doesn't mean the deper aspect needs to be overlooked. It becomes secondary in most cases involving younger dreamers. The personal in most cases of younger dreamers is intwined with the deeper aspect, unconscious aspects that are a part of the evolving and maturing psyche of the dreamer. The focus is on the becoming and not the past. At 45 the past is the focus, the Wasteland what needs the attention.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: The pool and the ring

Justin,
Right on! Changes are the central message of this dream. Like one should you have taken the conservative approach to this dream. Only when I feel brave would I take a more liberal approach {which I certainly did in my interpretation}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Thanks to Justin and Gerard for the interpretations. It all feels to me like pieces of a puzzle coming together now. The only thing I keep thinking about is the part with the ring. When I woke up, it felt like the ring was really there, on my desk. When my teacher did this in the dream, giving me one of her rings by throwing it on the desk, I felt very surprised, but also honoured and relieved, like some major problem has been solved now. In earlier dreams, when some sort of ring showed up, it always symbolized some sort of relationship, a bond.
The teacher’s voice sounded like not just any masculine voice, but like the voice of the guy I have a crush on, like she speaks in his name or something like that. In waking life, the teacher teaches French, she’s quite popular in school, because she is kind and is able to make the lessons somewhat interesting. Like I’ve said before, the teacher is also the guy’s mother.
Could it be that the dream wants to focus attention on the relation between me and the guy and the possible role the teacher could play in it ?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Anneleen,

Another change aspect to your dream may be the life change of developing your distinct personality independent from your parents.

From approximately the ages of 12 to 16 young women are in a stage of life where they develop a distinct personality separate from their parents. It is a time when you begin interacting with the world experiencing it through your own life rather than your parents. At 16 you are very near to ending the first stage of this development. You're able to engage in independent thought and action. You're aware and active in a much larger world. You're gaining a level of independence from your parents. While your parents still play a large part in your life the level of their current influence is very slowly diminishing.

I think this dream is also addressing your developing independent personality and the current influences in your life.

Just a quick thought.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Central OH

Re: Re: The pool and the ring

Hi Anneleen
a useful approach towards the meaning of peoplewe know appearing in dreams is to think, "what do I feel about that person?" (being careful not to link the 'real' person with the feelings.
Eg: a person in my dream that i don't like ,,,, I ask myself ,,, 'what is it about that person I don't like?Ah - I think he is slimy, untrustworhty; or decent and honest ;;;; and see where that leads
let us know - you are obviously knowing that the dream can guide us ,,,,

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re:Re: The pool and the ring

Thanks Kathy, that's another message in my dream and it also relates to the changes, it's part of them. Apparently everything is connected.
That’s one of the things I like so much about dreams.

Re: Re: Re: The pool and the ring

Once again thanks for your good advice Justin, I will surely think some more about the possible meaning of the part with the ring, with the help of your method.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present