Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
burnt bum

Hi guys, well I am sorry for this one -
A. I am part of a group, we are being tortured, it is my turn. I am told by a woman to put a burning ember under my trousers, between my legs from fron to back. I felt betrayed as I had been friendly with her, yet I knew she was going to challenge me, or that it was her role or duty. She knew that the pants I was going to be wearing were nylon (and so would burn me if they caught alight) and had a gusset in them (so there was not much spece for me to pass the ember and i would be burnt). So there was an aspect of her knowing things about me, and used against me. Realised I had to undertake this test - if I didn't she devise a worse challenge/ torture. Passed the ember under my groin, underneath my pants. It was burning me but not as painful as I thought. I exaggerated my response, so that she would be satisfied that I had suffered sufficiently. I could really feel the pain in my dream (I was prob almost screaming). I was able to pass the ember as told a dn so passed the test. She was not present ofter that although the others were very sympathetic - she was not there. Someone offered me some balm to put on it. I had to be very careful of the burn, for some time (eg walking), knew that it would settle, but that I would aleays remember the pain and have to live with it.

The two other parts of the dream were about - wearing cotton ,,,, which I took to be the benefits of 'wearing a life that suits' or is natural to me; and looking back along a road cool and leafy, noticed small snakes fell from the trees, seemed to ? disappear when looked at.

I can see many issues paralelling my current relationship - the test, the burn,facing something painful ,,,are there themes on a deeper level ??

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: burnt bum

justin,a bit hot down under?sorry for that.
what a painful experience,you mention the parallel with a current relationship,i am inclined to say,if there is an age difference ,, has your sexual energy been under scrutiny,at this particular time in our lives we wonder, if we still are the 18 yr old love machine that we used to be,and you have to be honest and say maybe, i am not ,this sort of acceptance can be painfull and a bit uncomfortable to the ego.but is an essential part of psychological/spiritual evolution. the main tests on any of the arthurian romances,were ones of chastity,staying true to the quest,
this does not mean ,not having a relationship ,but of seeing it as a passing moment,and staying true to the bigger picture.
maybe this is the test you are experiencing.just a thought.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? england

Hi Steve, that made me laugh well - I hadn't thought of that - felt good to laugh at the dream too.
yes the woman in my life is significantly younger ,,, so I can mull on that side.

Significantly the burn (yes very painful) was mainly to my anus and around there, not to my genitals. I have had a few prior dreams of findinga few little mounds of (sorry) ****, like droppings, and then finding a whole lot more - flooding out, in the yard of my family home - my father trying to clear it out and getting **** on him too, me hosing it out into the lawn ,,,, knew that new growth would come of it and a few beautiful little birds came dowm to pick some bits out ,,,, great dream ,,,, yes paralleled my deep self inquiry ,,,,
Also one about holding back, my mother needing to get to the tiolet (again to 'empty her bowels', but there was some device on the toilet seat lid preventing her, and I was frustrated trying to help her - knew she might soil herself and my toilet - she moved away ,,,, not sure what happened

But this dream about a burn anus? linked I'm sure ,,,

Re: Re: burnt bum

justin, dreams of faeces and defacation ,are usually about ridding oneself,elimination, of unwanted negative attitudes,because family were involved,it may point to a particular area of origin,maybe some part of your life is/was ****,and needs to be cleared out of the way,for new growth to take place, as you say.
i am not sure if you are familiar with the three transformations of the spirit,but as campbell said,there comes a time for using the rules,and not being used by them,this is the,thou shalt system passed down to us by our parents and peers,by all the books we read and paths we are told,will help us reach salvation.this could be the stuff that needs to be cleared out,have the courage to follow your own heart.
i don't know if you have seen the movie, the fisher king,but the reference to the burning of a bum ( ie tramp )might be of significance. regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? england

Still reflecting on this one - here are some of my thoughts

"Where the sun don't shine" ,,,,
The opposite to the higher centres, the conscious, the known - the 'hidden' places
I'm hinting at the Shadow, looking there ,,,,, cleansing these aspects with heat, a process known as cautery, a burn.

A lot of Shadow material has unfolded for me since these thoughts

Hi Justin,

I know the scene seems like you are being tortured. It also fits another description - Initiation. An initiation by fire. If you are being tortured you don't generally get balm to heal. The area that is burnt sometimes is realted to elimination.

Is ther something in your real life that you are trying to eliminate, but you cling on to it because you think it will be too painful. Your dream could be telling you that it won't be as bad as you think. Cheers. Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Re: Re: burnt bum

Hi Stephen
..... yes I think you have struck a chord - initiation, that is what it felt like; and yes again - you are right, there are two things I am looking at letting go - one is my work/ career ant the other is the woman in my life - feels like the dream is telling me that letting go of her won't be that bad (and the relationship has certainly burtnt me,,,,, revealing many of my Shodow 'qualities' - it has also hurt her ,,,,, in the dream the woman was not around after I passed the initiation ,,,,
Thanks
JC

Hi Justin,
I'm glad it clicked for you. Now here is the important part - only pick one of the things you are trying to eliminate. Is it the realtionship, or your work? This is why we have consciousness, so we can choose. The right answer will be the one you feel most energy with. These two options are not light situations, they will require deep thought and a thorough Pro's and Con's list. Anyway, if you get it wrong it will just come back to you as another dream with a bit more energy. If you try to change both the relationship and your work, simultaneously, it may be dangerous to your ego. Cheers. Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present