Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreams as of late

Hi there, this is my first post:
I have had two strange dreams with a commmon thread and would like to know more about what they mean. In the first one I recall many vague images but the predominant image I was left with was a long calm surf and beach, pale sand, desolate, quiet deserted, far down the beach there is a huge merchant ship, old and abandoned in a way, I am compelled to move towards it, I wonder how I will board it because it is almost like it is parked on the beach parallel to the shore and surf, but then suddenly I am there and conveniently there are built in stairs going to the ships deck , I go up them and I find a small girl maybe 3-4 years old, I pick her up and notice how pretty she is, but then I notice her left leg is badly injured burned or something. There are maggots crawling all in the wound. I want to brush them away but I know they are keeping her wound from getting infected so I leave them and pull her close to me and leave the ship I dont remember anything else. A week later I dream alot of confusing pictures I dont remember but then I am at the ocean again this time it is like a fishing district bay, the house we stay in is across the street. I am a sitting by a place, like a wharf or a dock, I notice a whole bunch of minature whales swimming up onto the sand, my husband is there I say Honey they are beaching themselves we have to help them before they get stuck he says no the guys are feeding them. I watch the mini whales swim out of the water up the dock and then the fishing men through them a piece of meat into a hole in the wharf the whales jump back in with the meat in their mouths, I think oh cool but then I glance back at the sea from the beach where I am standing and I notice all kinds of crazy fish activity going on , like all; the marine animals are becoming agitated and desiring the meat and then there are giant mean sharks and they are coming up the beach and I want to tell people they should get away and stop throwing the meat in the water, my husband runs by me up the wharf , I try to say something but I am to stunned because one of the sharks comes out of the water and up the wharf, it is chasing my husband who doesnt even notice, I see him cross the street back to the house before the shark can get him , at first I am relieved but then a little girl and a jack russell terrier are at the end of the wharf and the shark bites the girls left leg and the left leg of the dog. I cant look , I turn away thinking about what to do. I hear the fishing men and others trying to help. When I look back the dog is gone as if it never was and the shark has the little girls leg in its mouth. I want to tell them we should hit the shark in the nose so it will let go, but then the next thing I remember is like it is along time later and I am still looking up at the wharf from the beach, this all really close together and on the same level, I move up towards the girl and the shark and when I get there I know the shark is dead, they waited for him to die because he was out of the water, I look and start to help, but now the shark has three peoples left legs in his mouth, a fishermen, an older version of the same little girl and the little girl, all of the people are alright except they have bad bites. I am relieved and cross the street to tell my husband how he just missed being bitten by a shark. I wake up. For the record I recently found out I was pregnant, I didnt know when I had the first dream but I did know when I had the second dream. I have three boys and always wanted a girl,I dont know if that has anything to do with why I keep dreaming this stuff. Any clues you can share with me?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Dreams as of late

Hi Valerie
your dream is quite long and hard to read - so please bear with me. It sometimes helps, especially in these longer dreams to writ it out on paper, into sections that seem related or like scenes in a play.

In dreams a deeper part of ourself creates - usually there is a message or a theme or re-assurance ,,, ,, Instead of words dreams use images ie: symbols.
Some of these apprear to be shared throughout us all, while others are created by you and for you - they have personal meanings.
Usually people represented in dreams are not referring to people in real life, but rather aspects of ourselves that we associate with that person.

Your dream has a stong association with the deeper, sub'consciosus aspects of you - the ocean is often a symbol for this. The ship may represent 'you' as it courses over the ocean of life, and you are going back to something that happened to you in childhood.
The frequent reference to an injured child raises the issue of your childhood - some 'wounding'. The maggots may be protective, but you are prepared to accept this unpleasantness rather than clean off the wound, look at it and tend to it so that it can heal.

There seem to be deep stirrings in your subsconscious (the shark, the sea animals) - interestingly the whales are able to breath air and live in the water - perhaps refering to an aspect of you that can do this too, ie:- work between both worlds ,,,,

This may do for starters, please feed back if there are anythings in what i have said that strike a chord, or if it is off the mark
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Dreams as of late

Hi Valerie,
Thanks for your fedback and I am glad that my interpretation seemed to have meanings for you - would it be ok for you to post your reply here? One of the great things about this site is the mutual learning we all recieve and the 'bonding of humanity' ,,,, we see and feel themes that link us together, and I think that hleps us to feel less isolated and more secure.
If you don't feel comfortable with this, then its ok., just working with the dreams will still open doors.
And of course you are welcome to post more dreams -( I really am speaking for Jerry here)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present