Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
initiation

hello,
from this day ,i am a different person,
this dream/vision has completly blown me away.
i am in the middle of a rain forest,i feel i am trespassing.
i am aware of amazonian indians scurrying aroud talking in their own language.
they rush on me and fire three darts into me,i feel i am dying.
but...i am in a golden swirling spirit like inbetween world,i am in a semi lucid state of ecstacy and can hear myself chuckling and laughing.
while this is happening,the indians strip me,and place various items on my body,namely folding my genital area up into a plant like pouch,ouch!
i become fully lucid and find myself in a city.
i make my way to a large room carved out of the base of a tree,i meet a shaman/holyman pulling a wooden totem made up of all animals,he tells me it needs to be healed,i feel i need to help him.
this dream was so profound i was moved to tears on waking up because of the power that was felt,it was real,and i don't think i will ever be the same again.
i would hazard a guess,that jerry has known this was coming.
at the very least, on a pschological level, because of the initiation type symbology,a new phase has or is about to begin.
i have been asking recently,where all this is going,where do i need to be,what an answer!steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: initiation

lovely Steve, can I remind you of teh snake in the snow ,,,, it just needed to thaw a little perhaps
peaceful dreams, JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Re: initiation

justin ,as you say,the snake has been asleep,hibernating,just under the surface all the time,in this series of snake dreams of mine,(i have had another two since)the snake has represented a state of psychic/healing ,transition,but in limbo,and yes you are right ,just needed to feel the warmth of the sun and thaw out.
incidently i can see the similarity,of having clothes ripped off by amazonian indians,and the snake shedding its skin,i obviously needed a little help.
there are many things this experience has opened up for me,one being the awareness of the trickster archetype,this i now understand to be an important part of our psychological/spiritual evolution,ie,it keeps the game going.just when you think a thing is just so,bam!it blows apart,and off you go again.
the feeling of trespassing i had in this experience,was about my mistaken belief,unbalanced conscious opinion,that the powers and energies that shamanism/spirituality talk of, were the sole property of a way of life that is now nearly extinct,especially here in the west.
i was wrong.this dream experience has corrected this attitude.
i will be fifty this year,and i expected some sort of transition into older age,to mellow, gracefully surrendering the things of youth,but i never expected this,good ole trickster.regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Re: Re: Re: initiation

Hi Steve
Thanks for these insights - it helps
Justin

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Steve,
An absolutely fantastic dream! It doesn't surprise me that this dream revelation was on the way...the overall feel is one of "new phase" and "personal/spiritual growth" of a much greater magnitude than you've experienced thus far.

I anxiously await to hear what likely is in store for you next.

Keep dreaming,

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Steve,
Congratulations on your successful initiation. It sounds like the work you did on the 'crossroads' dream has paid big dividends for you. The inflated feeling you are having will be short lived. If it doesn't then do more normal everyday things to get grounded. You can always do a visualisation where you are climbing down a ladder to the ground. A little inflation is good, but too much and you start to think you can fly to the sun, the wax melts in your wings and you fall back to earth with a thud! As you can see, you had it in you all this time. Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

deedee,stephen G,many thanks for your comments,yes the initial impact,has subsided a bit ,as i expected,i do tend to underwrite things which helps to stay grounded.my discription of the, inbetween spirit like world,was pathetic really and beyond any language.
i feel that i have been accepted into a particular spiritual way of thinking and experiencing ,which is a compensation for my,i am tresspassing on anothers terratory attitude.
the whole dream has had a balancing effect on me,but i am sure the trickster is lurking around somewhere.
at least i can look at the map with better eyes.
incidently stephenG,i noticed the slight simularity with this experience and your indian initiation dream,the collective unconscious rules!.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49-england

Regarding the initiation and Bear symbolism, Jung said in the book I found about the bear "How can people who live in remote locations, other than the Americas, have such a clear and concise experience with Indians and their culture?" I have to admit that Iwas never into country and western movies and I don't remember reading or seeing anything on TV about initiations of this sort. But then that doesn't mean I didn't see it somewhere and I didn't consciously remember it. Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

hi stephenG,very interesting,i am pretty sure that all the events that took place in the initiation dream are snippets from,collected information,even your initiation dream played a part.all this information,condensed,abridged,pieced together again to make a new story,brilliant process,but i ask my self why now?.
over the past two days,i have managed to connect the imagery to known experiences and gathered information from books,movies etc,thats the bit your talking about i believe,the only part i cannot bring to mind as a remembered experience or part of gathered information,has to be the inbetween world trance experience,if i have ever read about or imagined a trance like ecstacy, it has never been like this,i am not a practioner of any form of yoga or meditation,its not for me.
the strange thing is, i also felt that,shamanic journeying was not for me,although my life experience has pulled me this way,i have resisted with vigor.
in relation to what you say,what i find strange is,i live in england as you know,the arthurian and grail myths are part of this land and are close to my heart,but never the less,i dream about amazonian indians sublimely telling me what i need to be doing.
because these people lived in harmony with this knowledge,as a real way of life,the psychological impact of this in dream symbology, is more profound and shocking, because that is what it is,if thats what it takes,paul on the road to damascus comes to mind.
i remember jung saying the unconscious knows best,who am i to argue.regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49--eng

stats from 7-14-10 to the present