Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
nightmare

Last night I had this nightmare, felt like I had it before. I was in the truck riding as passenger with this older man that was assumed to be my father in law (which I dont have). I somehow over hear a conversation between a junkie and a lady talking about how they need a next victim cuz they need money for drugs.. than we drive and pull up to a store.. where I tell the driver to be carefull. that the junkie looks dangerous. Than he my father in law(supposively) gets out of this SUV we are in. He gets attacked and dragged into the store. Where to store employee and 2 other customers just watch as my father in law is getting beat to death. I look and scream and these people dont do anything!!! I drive off to get help. I drive back and he still in there.. I call someone who is supposed to be my BF or husband and they say they are on there way. But than I wake up. Can you please tell me what this is about???

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 Foothill ranch

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Re: nightmare (it's not really)

Hi SassySue,

I don't know much about your age or what you are going through at the moment, so I need to be careful about your ability to take on board what the dream is communicating.

You should always use your personal associations first. What does the SUV mean to you? Does someone you know have one like it? What color is it? What was it like inside? Do you wish you had one etc.?

Just in case you aren't aware, dreams don't tend to be literal. They are symbolic, use metaphores.

This is what I think your dream is about, but it has to click for you (gives you a "Ah Ha" reaction).

You seem to be in a situation where there is conflict between an old masculine attitude/belief and a masculine aspect of yourself you don't trust (you seem to be ambivalent to the feminine partner). It is time for you to make a choice. The problem is the attitude/belief has served you well in the past and you don't want it gone.

What were you feeling in your dream when you were witnessing the attack?

Do you actually scream in the dream, or are you just yelling out the words 'these people don't do anything'?

Anyway, it seems like you have to help yourself, so your negative masculine aspect can transform into another form that is helpful to you.

If no one in the dream reminds you of anyone, then it may just be a psychological transformation that is going on, but try and see if this interpretation fits a situation in your life. I think you said it was a recurring dream. Try to think back when it first appeared. This could be why the dream uses the symbol of the old man.

Some examples of masculine aspects are rational thinking, intellect, assertiveness, doing rather than being, competition and looking at the world from a mechanical point of view (made up of parts). As I type this the word assertive seems to fit the scenes in your dream. The people in the store were quite passive. The junky was quite aggressive and your dream ego felt that it needed to handle the situation itself (lack of assertiveness). Do these words fit within who you are/or wish to be? With a handle like SassySal it indicates to me you tend to speak your mind. Does passive/aggressive behavior click for you? If it doesn't then this is not the right interpretation for you, and remember the worse the imagery used in the dream, the more energy or attention is required. Like a wake up call. Stephen G.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Re: nightmare

Sorry. I typed SassySal instead of SassySue. Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: nightmare (it's not really)

About the SUV.. yea that is my dream to have one.
As for the masculine side that I dont want gone.. I have lived my life as a female who does as she pleases when she pleases. in other words I was a female version of a player... Than I changed religions and now I practive chastity. (maybe thats it)?? During the attack I felt shocked angry and scared.
Now that I think about it I didnt scream outward. But I felt like I was crying but I was alone in the SUV. This is me -- passive aggresive. im 33 yrs old single mother of 2 boys. I cant remember when I frst had the dream. Because It just felt like I had the same dream before. The man that I was with was a older man, but I couldnt recognize who it was. Yet I felt like I knew him. the thing that stands out is when I was watching the store people just turn around and look at the floor where the junkie was beating this man up.. But I never actually saw the beating.. but I knew it was going on becuase of what I coud hear and the feeling I was getting.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Hi SassySue,
Thanks for the extra information. I feel you are getting close to understanding what this is about. You are the only person who has the answer. Why don't you try to replace the people in your dream with yourself and see if that brings anything out. Nothing may come up, and that's okay. If you don't get it, then the issue in the dream will just come around again. At least next time you know not to be frightened. The dream is just trying to get your attention. The SUV may represent an inner desire. Cars generally represent the way we travel through life. Feel free to ask as many questions as you wish.
Stephen G.

SassySue,
You mention in your response that you have changed religions and you are now practicing chasity. The father-in-law could very well symbolize the masculine/patriarchal God in your religion. God is the 'Father' and the law is what is required of you {or what you require of yourself because of your beliefs}. Being the passenger in the truck would indicate you are letting someone or something {your religion?} have control over you. The junkie may be that part of you that feels you are under the control of something that sounds good but is so controlling you lose all control {as drugs will do when addicted}. The SUV may be your religion, that great thing in life {not the vehicle per say} you feel will make you happy. But in reality either it is beating up on you {having to obey demanding rules} or you unconsciously feel it is. Your masculine self, the part of you that takes control, is being dragged into the religious requirements {the store} and those requirements are trying to change you by force {being beat to death}. You are probably having emotions where you feel at times this is a good thing for you, and then other times feel it is not {driving off and coming back}.

Summary

What are your true feelings about your new way of life? On the surface you may feel you are doing what is best but unconsciously you feel you no longer have control over your life and how you should live it. Is your new religion mainstream or could it be classified as cult, or a religion that is so strict it makes undue requirements on its members? This could be the underlying reason for the nightmare. Your intuitive self {a feminine aspect} knows best. Overpowering masculine religions are counter to good psychological health.

Let me know your thoughts on my interpretation and we can examine further the possibilities.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: nightmare

Very interesting, this does help a great deal. As for religion Im converted into the LDS (mormon) church almost 1 yr ago. Overall its been great. I have changed for the better and Im happy with that. I guess the hardest part of it is the chastity thing but im getting use to it. I can see what you mena also. I think Im just going to sit back and see if it happens again and keep my eyes open .
Thanks

Dear SassySue,
The key to dream interpretation is that it clicks with you. It makes you go "Ah Ha". Tells you something about yourself that you weren't aware of. Also, as human beings we have choice. We can either agree with what the dream is communicating, or not. This is up to you.

Sometimes dreams take many months to work out and the reason for that is simple. Your ego has to be able to handle what the dream is communicating. I have had dreams where I have become consciously aware of things I have done, that make me reel back in horror. I think to myself, how can I have been doing this for so long and not know that I was doing it.

Feelings in dreams can be a good indicator of what the dream is about. You mentioned when you were in the dream, in the store, you felt shocked, angry, scared. Do these three words remind you of a real life situation you have encountered. It may be recent, but then it may be in your past (considering you feel like you have had this dream before).

The thing that troubles me is that in real life you seem to be happy with your decision to join a particular religion and you feel your life is better for doing so (even though the chastity rule is a challenge). If this is how you really feel, then again you have the ability to choose. Continue to participate with the church, or don't. It's up to you. Stephen G.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present