Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
spinning lift + flat battery

Hi there - I would like to share this dream and ask for thoughts on its overview message - it fits well in various aspects of my life yet I feel there is a deeper massage. It is in a number of parts

1. I am helping a yoga workshop, I am on the fringes and not participating (parallels my real life - where I have chosen to be on the fringes). It is not my turn to participate in the workshop. I am trying to take photos that capture the people there, to capture its scope - not finding it hard to do so

2. decided to clean up my kitchen, I had left it too long. Everything was piled up, and didn't know where to start. Went to take the rubish out, it fell out, rotting food etc. the only way to clean it up was with my hands ,,,, ugh. Had to get my hands dirty and scoop it up. Finally got it together (!), and thought this would be good fertiliser,,, a pity to just throw it out. Went back to the kitchen benches to clean and water started to well up out of the sinks and pipes - out onto the floor and the adjoining carpet ( comfort ?) and would damage it- realised I could not stop it / little I could do - and thought I can only do what I can do

3. inside the entrance of a fancy appartment looking onto Sydney Harbour. Although the view was spectacular the appt was 'deep' and little light got into it. I left to get into the lift with a man and woman. As we went down the lift started spinning - why? falling? no ,,,, what was happening

4. I am at a bus stop, waiting, also waiting is a woman. waiting for a long time; I am getting anxious, feeling I am going to be late for something. No wathch - somehow I check the time it is 11.15; so late? I ask a passer-by if this really is the time - he says, 'No it is later - 11.45' and I am more concerned.
Decide I should drive - go to my car (like I had in my youth) it is a convertable, I take off the cover and realise that the battery has been taken out - it was flat and needed recharging

Well if you are still there ,,,, sorry it is so long - many symbols - I am concerned that 'my batteries are still flat' and that it is not my time yet - so be patient - In real life work offers are mounting (the bait is getting tastier and harder to resist ,,,,
Thanks if you have time
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: spinning lift + flat battery

My experience with these dreams of different scenes is that they are not related to one another. Pick one of the four scenes and work with it. This is at the beginning of the cycle - The Great Round. The choice is up to you. Let me know if you don't know what the Great Round is and I will post an overview. Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Re: Re: spinning lift + flat battery

Thanks Stephen G
Yes I can feel that this is the beginning of something - The Great Round ,,, I'd be grateful for some info
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: spinning lift + flat battery

These are the Archytpal stages of the Great Round of Mandala (works just as well for other inner work) and convey a spiraling path of psychological development (Kellogg and DiLeo) and reflect the dynamic relationship between the ego and the Self.

1. The void
2. Bliss
3. Labyrinth/Spiral
4. Beginning
5. The Target
6. Paradoxical split/Dragon Fight
7. Squaring the Circle
8. The Functioning Ego
9. Crystallization
10. Gates of Death
11. Fragmentation
12. Transcendental Ecstasy

The process doesn't necessarily go from 1 to 12. It can jump from 3 to 7 to 1 to 10.

Here is an example of the Great Round in everyday terms using the activity of baking a pie. Starting at stage 1.

Stage 1. The pie maker is in a deep dreamless sleep. Stage 2. She is having a pleasant dream, everything dancing together without identifiable form.
Stage 3. She wakes up and has a vague, undefined, compelling urge to begin something, she knows not what.
Stage 4. The pie maker visits her Mother and learns how her mother bakes brownies.
Stage 5. The pie maker stirs up her energy and leaves home, filled with hope and self doubt, to find her own way.
Stage 6. She realizes what she wants to do is bake pies and therefore wants to become a piemaker. Her education begins. She develops skills and she becomes her own person, sorting out her own values, ideas and desires from what her father and mother like.
Stage 7. Her preparation is complete. She is trained and she has the tools and ingredients she needs to begin work,as a pie maker.
Stage 8. She is actually doing the work, baking a pie. She is bringing into reality what begab as a dreram in stage 2.
Stage 9. There is the satisfaction of a project fulfilled. But even as she basks in the glow of success, she knows her pie will not last forever.
Stage 10. The pleasure has faded and the pie maker is lost and uncertain what to do next.
Stage 11. She has the wisdom to realize that what she must do is cut up the pie, share it with friends, and consume it. In this way she gets nourishment from the whole process, and takes the essence of her experience with her to stage 12 where she looks back with satisfaction over all the events of her pie making. She begins to get sleepy. Soon she will fall asleep again, dream another dream, and begin another passage through the Great Round. When you draw mandalas it is easy to see where you are in the Great Round and then ascertain what your task is. This text is out of Creating Mandalas by Susanne F. Fincher.
Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Re: Re: spinning lift + flat battery

hi justin,sometimes as you know,dreams tend to over do themselves and what seems like an epic,can be summed up with just a title.
dream scene no1.
you are on the fringes,not willing to participate,even though you have an understanding as to whats going on ie(got the picture)
scene no2.
the kitchen is where we prepare food and can sometimes relate to our creativity,on a more mundane level,it might be your stomach,as this is where food is broken down and assimilated,this could be a metaphor for, all the food for thought you hold that is now of no use,time for a clearout.
you will have to get stuck into the job(get your hands dirty).
no3.
water sometimes represents our emotions,and surging up through pipes etc,emotional upheaval,how did you cope?
dispite all this i feel this is almost from the world of yoga,ie,the inner cleansing,what you take in, has an effect on your body and soul.
no4.
the battery maybe reflecting your energy levels,we do not seem to have the same levels as our youth,perhaps this dream is showing you how to adapt and get back some balance.
no5.
i to have experienced the time factor and the bus etc.
the feeling of time running out,the bus.(the opportunity).
in the divine paradox hero journey motif,quote.
approach to the innermost cave.
the hero must make the preperations needed to approach the innermost cave that leads to the journey's heart,or central ordeal.
maps are reviewed,attacks planned,a reconnaissance launched,and possibly the enemies whittled down before the hero can face his greatest fear.
the unconscious anticipation of this event ,is heightening of the stakes and ticking clock symbolism.
hope this is of help.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 england

Re: Re: Re: spinning lift + flat battery

Thanks Guys,
I certainly am in the thick of 'it' - very deep feelings of uncertainty, failure, aloneness, wanting and needing to re-align and re-direct.
Stephen G - I like the mandala approach, and shall look into this further
Stephen - thanks for the hero qoute, it helps to explain the 'pressure of time' feetling
JC

stats from 7-14-10 to the present