Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weird Suicide Dream

Hi -- I'm having a hard time placing the dream I had last night. I dreamt that someone I knew (in the dream, not real life) had shot herself between the eyes with a large caliber gun, though I don't know what kind. I saw her there, with a large hole in her forehead (about the size of a quarter) but there was no blood and she was very pale. I didn't see her shoot herself, but went there because I heard the gunshot. I was trying to get someone to help me, but then my tooth fell out. It was one of my molars, on which I had root canal a couple of years ago. I could feel my sensitive gums with my tongue and taste a little blood. When I pulled the tooth out since it was really loose, I looked at it and saw inside of it, and there were little toothpick-like things inside of the tooth. I couldn't figure out in the dream why my tooth, that tooth, fell out, and when I was trying to figure it out, they put the suicide girl on a cot and wheeled her away. Thoughts?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 - West Virginia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Weird Suicide Dream

This dream possesses all the criteria for a Freudian sex dream. Guns are often symbols for the phallus. Consider this when looking at this dream.

Between the eyes lies the truth, we are just not always able to see it. This shooting seems to be a self inflicted wound of some kind. The large caliber gun, if not just a sex symbol, and shooting oneself may indicate some kind of self guilt. It is not appear to be a fatal self wound {no blood} and thus another reason to look at self guilt. Not seeing the actual shooting may be a a blocking out or repression that is at the root of the guilt.
The molars are thought of as your wisdom teeth. Perhaps the gun symbolism has to do with personal actions in your waking life that deep down you see as unwise, but went ahead and did it. This could very well produce guilt feelings. The ‘loose’ tooth may be play on words, loose being your actions and tooithe the wisdom of those actions. The sensitive gums and tongue, the toothpick-like things in the tooth {wise self} may be an indication of what the guilt is all about.

Look at the sexual aspect of the dream and the symbolism of the mouth, tongue and tooth-like things and see if they fit somewhere in your waking life. Again I see the possibility of guilt feelings. Examine those feelings {you are probably aware of them, if not consciously, subconsciously} and see where they lead.
Gerard

The very name of Mata Hari has become synonymous with spying, espionage, intrigue, and
sensuality.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Hi M
Just some further thoughts - root canal therapy could be looked at two ways. One removing the dead (previously living) internal contents of the tooth - and then filling it up / blocking it up with something artifical - the toothpick-like things,,,, outwardly alive and functioning, inwardly dead ,,, able to function but dead on the inside ,,, does this strike any chords?
good luck
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Re: Weird Suicide Dream

Actually that may make more sense than the sex connotation given earlier. Sometimes I do feel dead inside, possibly as a result of my feeling that due to my surroundings I can't be what I really want to be (social and family pressures). I function normally but do feel like I've lost part of myself. Maybe that's what the suicide of the girl in the dream was - maybe I've somehow "killed" the part of myself that is my true self. Thoughts on that?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 - West Virginia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Weird Suicide Dream

Thanks for the feedback Matahari
The message of the same dream can evolve, and give more insights as time and our own self knowledge changes - dreams can often have more than one meaning, and both can be 'right' ,,,, let the dream turn over in your mind on and off over the days ,,,, feel what arises.
As for killing your true self - the dream itself is evidence that your true self is not dead - well done - keep 'watching the space'
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

I don't know about you, but when I had root canal therapy, when the dentist shoved those small toothpick like filing things in the root the pain made me jump out of the chair. If this was the same experience with you then it could be the dream is getting you to remember the pain associated with the root canal therapy - could be similar to the pain you feel inside with the roles you are conforming to at the moment. You have to surrender yourself to the dentist. You feel like you have had to surrender a part of yourself to the other people in your life. Make sure it clicks. Thanks for your thoughts Justin.

That's it for me for a while. My dreams are telling me that it it is easier to interpret other peoples dreams than to concentrate on my own journey and handling the challenges of self realisation. Unfortunately it is a distraction. Hope to get back online eventually. Cheers, Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present