Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FRIEND COMMITTING SUICIDE

okay, my dream went like this. i was going over to my friend's house. when i got there, i went into my friends room and i saw a rope hanging from the ceiling, but there was no hook or anything. it just appeared to go through the ceiling, like a pipe.i think i vaguely remember a stool or something at the bottom of the rope, off to the side. and i couldn't really see my friends body. i mean, i knew she was there, i just couldn't really see her. i saw something like a hologram, but i didn't see anything at all. and in the dream she looked slimmer and beautiful, almost glamourous, really, than she did in real life.and even though her room is done in leopard print, when i look back on the dream, i recall a large amount of white surrounding the room, not being seen through the leopard print,but still there. like the walls were leopard print and white at the same time. and then my friends parents came in. her mom was freaking out, but her dad just came in and took the rope off the ceiling with a grim look on his face. but get this, when he took the rope down, it was on a hook, the hook being suspended from the ceiling. i would really like to know the meaning of this dream, so please help me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 13, florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: FRIEND COMMITTING SUICIDE

Emily,
So sorry that no one has interpreted your dream. I will provide an interpretation before the weekend is up.

Thanks,
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Hi Emily,
Here is what I see in your dream. I interpret your dream in a language that I hope you can understand, and which also gives insights to my thoughts as to the interpretation {for the older kids, 35 and beyond}.

Since you do not mention the name of your friend I will assume the dream is trying to communicate something about your own inner life. But often in dreams of young adolescents such as yourself {Emily is 13}, dreams are often a stimulus from relationships in the waking life, often focusing on the dreamer's fears and/or desires/aspirations. If there is not a real friend in Emily's life that she has a close relationship with that fits into this dream, then my interpretation of the deeper personal life may fit.

The friend's house would symbolize an aspect of Emily's psyche {perhaps totalpersonality}, some part of her that is trusted and valued. The rope hanging from the ceiling may represent mental activities that connects your life with the outer world, possible peer expectations and/or personal desires about yourself. Since there is no hook these mental activities may be pure perception and not real. The friend's body {a part of Emily} is a part that she wishes she did not have to see. The hologram may represent an illusion, Emily seeing things through a prism and not the real thing {I will elaborate later}.

In the dream the friend's body looks thinner and beautiful, almost glamorous. This is the hologram, seeing what her wishes are, not seeing herself as in a real waking condition {slimmer and beautiful, almost glamourous, really, than she did in real life}. Leopards have spots, but there is also a large amount of white surrounding the room. Does Emily feel she has spots, something that is distracting if not unattractive? Perhaps she wishes to see herself surrounded by white, purity, beauty.

The parents in Emily's dream probably represent both the actual living parents and also the inner aspect, the discipline of her own psyche. The waking input of her actual parents can only be guessed at. Their re-action to possible actions by Emily in her actual waking condition probably plays a role in the dream scenario.
The re-action of the mother and father may be real. As to what, only Emily can know.

Since the mother is freaking out and the father is very casual, I see the basic feminine emotional attitude and the passive masculine attitude in Emily's dream. She is debating with herself the consequences of her friend's condition, which in reality is her own condition {or wishful desire}.
When the rope is taken down {the tie to the mental state} she sees it is supported by a hook. This suggests that what she sees is purely mental possibilities of her own desires and wishes.

In Conclusion
I believe Emily's dream is focusing on her desire to look more attractive than she rsees herself in her waking life. The friend that she sees as commiting suicide {there is not an actual suicide in the dream, only a perceived one} is that part of her she wishes to get rid of. And in her friend's place there will be a slimmer and beautiful, almost glamourous person instead. These are mental activities, wishes and desires on Emily's part. Perhaps the inclusion of the parents is in reference to actual instances of Emily trying to make herself look beautiful by using make-up, cosmetics, etc. Her mother probably sees senister motives and freaks out. Her dad, well dads can be indifferent to such things.

Emily is at that age where appearance is important. Peer pressures override most everything else and because of expectations of friends she thinks a lot about appearance. Emily can be a very attractive young lady but that alone may not be enough. In today's world of too high expectations {all women must look like a movie queen, slim and beautiful} her natural beauty mjay not suite her peer's expectations.

What do you think Emily. Does some any of what I say fit your life? Let me know your thoughts on my interpretation and perhaps we can expand on the meaning of your dream.

In the mean time, look into the mirror and see what is inside. That is within will ultimately show itself and all beauty that you expect from yourself will radiate onto others, no matter how you look on the outside.
**** twam asi,
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: FRIEND COMMITTING SUICIDE

YES MY FRIEND IS A CLOSE FRIEND, MY BEST FRIEND ACTUALLY. THIS DREAM REALLY FREAKS ME OUT. SOMETIMES I HAVE LIKE AN ALMOST PSYCHIC ABILITY. LIKE ONE TIME I WAS AT MY FRIENDS HOUSE(THE SAME ONE IN THE DREAM. I'M OVER THERE ALOT)AND SHE WAS PACKING TO GO TO MY HOUSE. I SAW HER SHOES FOR SCHOOL ON THE FLOOR NEXT TO HER DOOR, AND WONDERED IF SHE WOULD NEED THEM. THEN I THOUGHT THAT IF SHE NEEDED THEM, SHE WOULD'VE PACKED THEM. THEN, THE NEXT MORNING AT MY HOUSE, SHE HAD TO CALL HER MOM TO BRING HER HER SHOES (THE SAME ONES I SAW ON THE FLOOR)BECAUSE SHE FORGOT THEM. I HAVE A LOT OF SITUATIONS LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 13, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Emily,
We all have psychic powers, some people with more ability, but most people not aware or able to tap into their inner knowing. The life is too situated in the world of material possession and/or psychic possession, it can not know beyond what it's bias can not perceive. The Gnostics of the 1st, 2nd & 3rd centuries knew, and so do Buddhists.

Intuition is perhaps the most powerful tool we humans possess, outside those physicological and psychological aspects we human animals share. It borders on the mystic, yet science has shown through research we do possess a varying degree of these abilities, instincts that goes beyond the ego's ability to understand and/or comprehend. The ego is stuck in time & space {here and now} prescribed by their own desires and fears

As far as great psychic powers, some people have extradinary abilities. If you possess certain strong psychic powers most likely you will be know it. If there is a hidden degree of an ability, or if you suspect you possess an ability, and you focus on it and make it part of your everyday existence, you can enhance those abilities to who knows what degree. But there are limits. Use logic, common thinking, but then delve into the other possibilities that your psychic life may have to offer. Often it is not until mid-life before one thinks to investigate this inner aspect. Study and learn, knowledge lets you see and understand.

Science kwnows that the brain/psyche, supported by the physical possibilities, does have these abilities. But for the most it is limited. The psychic mind, the one that sees with the eyes and the senses, relies on both to gather information. What might seem a future event may come to pass, but your psychic mind has already weighed the evidence and has come to a probable or reliable possible occurance. You may have foresaw what would happen, but you had unconscious {intuitive} evidence of the possibility it would happen. That is in itself a psychic sense at work, discerning all the possibilities and coming to a probability. If your deepest intuitive mind collaborates this, it will happen.
You may have had the knowledge it would happen but you did not cause it to happen.

You can compare these waking psychic senses to dreams. Dreams seldom predict, but they do comphensate the waking senses. What you might think as seeing into the future is partially true, but enhanced by already possessed knowledge you were unaware of. It is still an event, a psychic event.

Emily, what about my interpretation of the rest of your dream. Does it fit who you are? Do you feel comfortable with who you are, how you look, your position in the 'group'? It is common to feel that way, all teenagers do at one time or another. Dreams help you work through the process. To understand your dreams gives you more intuitive powers, psychic abilities. You focus on your inner needs and do not let the outer overwhelme you.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present