Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream about Tornado

I had a dream last night that I was at the airport with my family and girlfriend. We were late and could not for some reason get anywhere on time. The whole time I had this feeling of being rushed. I think I ended up missing my plane.

The 2nd part of the dream, I was at my old high school parking lot and there were tornados everywhere. I went inside for shelter and to get some food. The lunch lady told me to take whatever I wanted.

The 3rd part of the dream I was getting married to my girlfriend. My dad was a king and I went up and hugged him and told him I loved him. We were starting the service and one of those tornados was coming right for us. Instead of trying to avoid it we just stayed in it's path. It went right through us and blew away other people but did not affect us.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Dream about Tornado

Hi Justin,

Thank you for posting your dream on the MDS site. For many years, since my late teens, I’ve had a tornado dream (reoccurring) that always signifies an imminent arrival of sudden and intense upheaval in my life. Not that that’s a bad thing…I’ve found the most is gained through the hardest situations!

At 24 you may be near to moving to a new stage of life, ie marriage, children, 'adult responsibilities' in the context of examing if you're prepared or truly desire this move. And of course, peer comparison... do you have friends or associates who recently married or are most of them married?

I looked up some definitions and tried to use an intuitive outlook. This interpretation may be off somewhat so please remember, meaning always has to click with the dreamer. Look at what's going on in your life right now and examine the dream from that perspective. I tried to look at this in the two areas, personal and collective. Please post a response. Your response will be most helpful.

Personally the airport may represent the departure point embarking on new stage in the relationship with your girlfriend, going forward with the relationship. Are you feeling stressed, (rushed), or pressured about the relationship? Do you feel unprepared or overly anxious in moving to the next step? And do you feel if you don’t move forward you may be missing an opportunity?
Collectively it may simply signify a new stage is beginning in your life. Yet you may feel as if you’re late arriving at this stage of life and feel you could be 'missing it'.

The high school parking lot may be a hint to look at unresolved issues, still residing in the unconscious, related to situation(s) arising from experiences in high school. Going ‘inside’ may hint to looking inside your self, unconscious, to locate and examine the issue or situation? Tornado’s usually signify or signal turbulent emotions regarding the situation(s) that may be causing strong, sudden or unpredictable changes related to those unresolved issues in your life. You seek support, guidance or knowledge (food) in preparation of the coming physical or emotional life changes. That the ‘lunch lady’ is a feminine character may indicate a need to look to the feminine self for that support, guidance or knowledge.

On the personal level, marriage and your father may symbolize actual thoughts about just that, marriage to your girlfriend & your father or your ego role, king, in the marital relationship . In a deeper sense it may signify a need to unite or blend opposing aspects, male and female, in balance to resolve the conflict or situation. Do you now feel as if the masculine, rather than the feminine, is the superior or ruling aspect in your self? By allowing the masculine the leading role or larger part of your persona, could this be a root cause of the turbulence you may be experiencing now? As the service starts, the uniting of the two aspects, the tornado, turbulence, again appears. One question…In the dream you state ‘Although it went right through us’…who is us? I’m curious as to who was not taken away by the tornado?

Regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femail

Re: Dream about Tornado

Sorry Travis! Just finished reading Justin's reply to another dream before replying to your dream. Duh -think I need get some sleep now! Thanks - Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femail

Re: Re: Dream about Tornado

Justin,
I think Kathy did a good job at interpreting your dream and she covered the possibilities. If you will post a reply perhaps we can expand on the possibilities, if there is a need to do so. But please, do post a response. I know Kathy would appreciate a critique of her interpretation, right or wrong.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: Dream about Tornado

Thank you Kathy for the intuitive interpretation.

The other person stading in the tornado is my girlfriend. I think we said it was our faith that kept us from blowing away.

We recently broke up but I think there is a good chance for us in the future. We are remaining friends. Thank you again

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Texas

stats from 7-14-10 to the present