Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream recall

I had a dream recall this morning. I was on a mission and giving the ability to stop bad from happening. I was in a field, the sky was dark gray and angry but not stormy. I could see a red brick building with a huge, majestic looking maple tree with a big knot in the center. I was plodding along when I was admiring the tree when it exploded at the knot. I startled me but I was still determined to finish the mission when I awoke. What does it mean?

Curiously disturbed.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: dream recall

Interesting dream. I will get an interpretation for you by tomorrow.
Thank,s
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: dream recall

Gerard, Thank you for taking the time to analyze this dream. I have dreams all the time that I usually will only remember the 1st few minutes of the morning but ones that I remember all day long bother me because it has significance. I've been like this since childhood and the last dream I had that stuck with me all day I had dreamt I was having a severe nose bleed in a crowd. I was embarressed and laughed and kept telling people I am okay it happens sometimes. Well 2 days after that dream the Tsunami hit Indonesia. I appreciate you taking the time to look into this one.

Karen ~8~

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: dream recall

Karen,
Look at this dream as if you were the tree and the dark, grey scene is something in your life that may cause you anger. It probably relates to something that you are trying to accomplish {on a mission}. Since it is not yet stormy it may be something that is leading up to some type of conflict in your life, something that is preventing you from
finishing what you started and want to accomplish.
Trees often symbolize personal growth and achievement. It may also have to do with your instincts. You may be relying too much on emotions instead of the instinctive aspect that naturtally provides the best solution.

Seeing your own nose in your dream sometimes means a conscious effort to achieve whatever endeavor you chose to undertake. A nose bleed may indicate that you are losing energy over this endeavor, it is draining you emotionally.

Look at the dream{s} and try to equate it to some aspect in your life that fits my discription. Let me know what you come up with.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: dream recall

Well, I agree the tree represents me but the anger thing doesn't jive. Maybe a disappointment but not anger. It takes alot to anger me and there isn't anything going on in my life that would lead to anger. The only thing I can think of is that the tree is representing family. The building was a school or a church of some kind. My oldest brother is getting remarried in june and I regret the situation. So I think the dream was representing the fact that our relationship is strained and soon to be blown apart because he is going to marry her even though everyone in the family isn't okay with it. He was married for 22 yrs and went through a very very bad divorce and I personally got out of an abusive relationship when he met his fiance'. He lied to my entire family to save face because he knew deep down inside that we all have a problem with this relationship. Thank you for shedding some light.

Re: Re: Re: Re: dream recall

Karen,
Thanks for your response to my interpretation. Your discription of your actual life experiences, and those in your dream explain a lot. I can see where the dream fits.

Disappoinment could very well fit the symbol. Dark grey is easily symbol for a 'disppointment'. I focused on anger becuase the inclusion of a word such as anger in a dream often {but not always} is a straightforward expression instead of just being symbolic. And it usually is a trait or experience of the dreamer.

The symbol, dark grey, is a metaphor for some aspect of your life. You look at what fits to it in your waking life, and when you think about it, it comes together and makes sense. I can only outline the framework {the possibilities} of what your dream is trying to communicate, to you. Only you can know the particulars of your life. The dream is a reflection of that life, unfiltered by ego, told in metaphor and symbols.

You are trying to stop something from happening in the dream. So too are you in your waking life. The family part fits, as you recognize in your response.
You recognize the simularities. That alone often betrays what the dream is trying to communicate. The dream is a direct link to the unconscious. It knows all about you.

My goal in interpreting dreams is not to tell the dreamer exactly what the dream might mean, no one can do that. It is to put the metaphors into wunderstandable language so the dreamer can recognize the associations between the symbolic dream and the actual waking life. If that occurs then I feel good about the interpretation, and better about having the dreamer recognize something new about themself. The power of the dream.

Using Jung, I can do pretty good with most dreams. I think if you read the posted dreams, my interpretations, and the responses, this will be verified. Let me stress that it is Jung's dream psychology that makes it all work.

Again, thanks for your response. This is a forum for learning and the dialog we create is a great way to learn, and understand.
Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present