Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jesus

I dreamt I was walking up the path to a house. I was lost. I went in the house and it was large and empty. I opened the door to a room and saw a large table in there with achair either side. There was a man sitting on one side of the table(facing me) with his head covered with a hood. The material was like sacking material. I couldn't see his face so I went to sit down opposite him. I askd him where I was because I was lost. He looked up and removed the hood and I looked into the most beautiful brown eyes I had ever seen. He was so gentle that I could feel it in my heart. He smiled and I felt so much love come from him that my soul hurt. He said "you are not lost" and he reached out to take my hands. His hands were soft and his fingers were long. I felt as if I would be safe forever just remembering this moment. Then I woke up. For months afterwards, that contented happy feeling (which was a physical feeling) stayed in my chest.,

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 - Wales United Kingdom

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Jesus

Sandra,
The house is you. The path you are walking is the path of finding what is really inside yourself, your true identity. You probably have feelings of being 'empty' in your current situation.
Openning the door is to open up to what is inside you. The table with chairs on either side may indicate a need for balance in your life. The man sitting at the table is probably your masculine self {see anima/animus at left}. This part of you is covered, not seen or known, or utilized. It is opposite of who you are and without this part you are feel lost.
I would guess that you have brown eyes. Or have a thing for brown eyes.
Are you in a relationship, and if so is it the one you wish you could have? The dream is probably speaking to both the need for a balance within yourself, masculine qualities to go with your feminine qualities, and perhaps a desire for that balancing relationship with a male. Your titled your dream Jesus. That may indicate the need for a balance within, an unconscious idea that penetrates through the dream even though he {Jesus} is not in your dream. If you find Jesus { not in a religious way but as a perfect masculine match} you will havfe that balance you wish for in your life. These types of emotions can be very strong, comptemplating the possibility of finding that part of you that has left an empty feeling.
There may also be that spiritual element involved in your dream and your title about Jesus. Jung, a scientist, said that we all have a spiritual aspect, and when we discover that aspect we begin to bring balance into our life. But do not mistake spiritual for religion. Religion relies more on faith and the spiritual {WWJD} is pure deeds. Faith without the deeds brings about as much bad in your life as if you had none. By being spiritual in the way of Jesus you are following the natural laws of nature where good produces good, bad produces bad. In simple words, 'what goes around, comes around'.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Jesus

Dear Gerard,

I think you have given a wonderful interpretation to my dream. Yes! I do have brown eyes and Yes I do have a thing about men with brown eyes. My father had brown eyes and I think that is the reason. I called the dream Jesus because I was aware in the dream that it was someone very holy, probably Jesus. You are also right what you said about the house being me. I am very spiritual and I having been thinking a lot lately about God, religion etc. I have never had a very loving relationship with my father. He has never been able to get that close. As well as this other person symbolising masculine traits I might wish for, do you think he could be the father I was longing for too?

Thanks for your interpretation. I will reflect on it and be in touch shortly. God bless

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Jesus

Sandra,
Thanks for your response to my interpretation. Your words provide insights to how the dream functions, in this case the masculine qualities that are at the heart of your dream.

The masculine aspect, the hooded male figure in your dream, represents both your father and your quest for spiritual identity {as in a masculine God}. Your desire for a relationhsip with your father is a natural thing, whether you think about it or not.
And as I mentioned in my interpretation Jung spoke of a required spiritual aspect also {something few understand}.

The psyche requires a loving acceptance from both mother and father and if this is absent during life {especially childhood} the consequences can go with you throughout life. It shows up in our dreams, which seeks to present you with information about yourself that is not realized, has not been acknowledged or is repressed due to emotional reasons. The empty feeling could be both, a desire for spiritual nourishment as well as a desire for that acceptance and love from your father.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: The Spiritual Aspect

In my interpretation I spoke of the difference bewteen religion and spirituality. Faith is required by most religions and even though they tell you that good deeds are required also, it is the faith part they emphasis. But the psyche is a part of nature and although there is a spiritual {actually metaphyiscal}aspect within the psyche, it isn't about organized religion. Jesus, and the Buddha, represented the good deeds of a loving heart, compassion, caring without questioning. These are feminine aspects. The one thing that Western religions lack is a good healthy resepct for the feminine. God is male, and by being so he has the characteristics of masculinity; taking charge, being in control, and even anger. Without the balance of the feminine spirituality lacks the needed characteristics of balance. If we accept God as pure masculine then you have the mental capacity that we see in Washington. War and bravido is more important than providing for those in need Caring about the osul is econdary to material worth and ego. Jesus was a liberal, with a liberal heart. When you focus on your spiritual aspects be sure that you also focus on what Jesus represents more so than what religion tells you. religion is often nused to divide. The desire of the dream is to unite.

You can not have a true harmoneous, balanced life unless you utilize your feminine aspects. There are times when you will need the masculine qualities in life but they must be tempered with the feminine. Too often when I mention a need to recognize and accept the masculine aspect it is taken as if the masculine should control. Just as in life, it is the feminine that superceeds the masculine. We are all feminine first, then we take on the characteristics of a male of female later in the womb. If we all lived from WWJD then there would not be wars, or hate. But being humans we fall short.

It is a psychological process that must take place before balance can be obtained in life. Your dream is a psychological event. Realizing the lack of the required masculine aspect in your life is a psychological event. Discovering a spiritual aspect for your life is a psychological event. By looking within yourself you can discover the answers. Dreams are a great tool for that discovery.

Gerard

Re: Re: The Spiritual Aspect

Thanks Gerard for your latest reply. You have given me so much to think about.

Also, I really love your site. I am a big fan of Joseph Campbell (and Star Wars!) and also Carl Jung.

Thanks very much again for the interpretation and the site.

Sandra

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jesus

Please forgive me Gerard, not replying to the above from you re: my father. I am new to both computers and this site!

I do understand what you say about us requiring a loving acceptance from both mother and father and that the emptiness I feel could be a spiritual one as well as a longing for a relationship with my father. Don't get me wrong, I do have some sort of relationship with him now but he is 84 and I just wish that it had been different.

Thanks for responding to my e mails to quickly.

Love and peace
Sandra

stats from 7-14-10 to the present