Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A worldwide flood.

I berely ever remember my dreams but when I do, they are vivid and realistic.
This dream starts right off in the thick of things:
I am in the midst of a huricane except it doesn't happen out at sea but in NY city (was there once). People left and right are scrambling to get to higher ground as the waters rise rapidly as if a tidal wave just hit. There is panic and confusion. I somehow get to a higher spot and it feels like it is the statue of Liberty except when I get to the top there is a large plateform. It is still raining and the flooding is now so bad that it looks like we are in the middle of the sea. I look and behold NY City and its skyscraper engulfed by water. The plateform I now find myself has some kind of rock-roof supported by pillars. We are about a dozen stuck up there and glad to be alive. My brother is munching on something and I think I'm eating a yogurt while it rains all around us.
A black man happens by ( he might be on a boat)
and I say to him " This is really bad!"
" Hell yeah." he answers.
" No..." I amphasize. " This is happening all over the world!"
And he replies as a matter of fact. " I know..."
Then he tells me he needs something to fish with so he can also eat.
I get up from the platform and head under the roof where I see my daughter Monique eating something. I thnk it is chicken and I might help the man by giving him a piece of a vein from the chicken only when I look closer, my daughter is actually eating noodles.
Dream ends there.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: A worldwide flood.

Hurricanes often represent emotional trauma in one's life. These emotions may be outward, or they may be bottled up within you. The symbolism of NY city may suggest these emotions involve your total being. You may be consciously stuck in some type of emotional adventures. It is threatening to consume you. Unconsciously it may be even worse. Perhaps the problem is there is a need for nourishment in your life. Do you receive enough attention from those around you, your family and friends? Look at your life and determine what may there that is causing 'stormy' emotions.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: A worldwide flood.

Interesting. My dream is very similar to this. it was flooding all around me and I was stuck at work or school. My car was parked outside of the duilding before the flood and there was a rope to get through and it did not work for me and several people we were up in the air and fell in to a water that was put there in case the rope bridge did not work. so I was Ok but could not get to my car. Then this flood everybody is running around. I stayed where i was and it all went away.

Do you think the interpretation would be the same?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Nj , USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: A worldwide flood.

From what Gerard answered I might be leaning to say yes, Yasemin.
A storm representing emotional trauma seems to fit with the past few hectic and soul-draining years I've had.
As far as attention, I have to say that I do get emotional attention but only that I feel my general desires in life are disregarded or overlooked.
I might even be taken for granted...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 ks

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: Re: Re: A worldwide flood.

yasemin,
It could represent in many ways the same thing. Floods often symbolize overwhelmed emotions or emotional experiences. Your dream seems to be trying to communicate something within your unconscious that has not been acknowledged {water often symbolizes the unconscious}. There may also be some reluctance to acknowledge these unconscious aspects {staying where you are may indicate a desire not to recognize or confront these conditions that could cause a flood}.

Your car seems to be prominent in this dream, the fact you can not get to it may indicate again you can not seem to find something about yourself {the car is you}. The flood remains, the other aspects of your person {everybody running around in the flood}. Staying where you are suggests you do not or have not confronted these unconscious floods.

Is there something that you need to confront, some emotional issues that if confronted could bring about a flood of emotions? Compare the dream to your waking life. There may be something that is unsettled in your life that is causing these emotions {up in the air}.

Let me know your thoughts and we can explore the possibilities further.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: A worldwide flood.

it does make sense. I am in a stage in my life where I cannot make the next step and most of the things that are lingering around me are just not the best outcomes in terms of happiness. I am playing a dangerous game, most of the times I feel like I am walking on fire.

I wrote this dream the other day but it seems like it got lost.

...I see a little girl and I take it her to my stepmother. In the process I go thorugh dangeorus pats. Then the girl has some rashes and I am trying to heal her. Then I see a little bruise on her leg , something like a scar. I find myself talking to my therapist about it and she tells me to find out about the scar. And, she advices that that kind of scar usually happens when there is a " rape" situation. I go back to the little girl and ask her about what happened. she is reluctant to remember. Then I ask her "who did this to you" she says he tied her to a tree and the rest she does not reveal. I ask her 'who" . she answers "your uncle" . and I get shocked. She says" UFUK" . that is the name of my step mother's little brother who tried to rape me when I was little. she doesn't want andybody to know because she feels guilty or ashamed . Just like I felt . I leave the scene determined to end this pervert behaviour and protect the little girl.

Do you think that this is related to the other dream? am I trying to confront myself with this "guilt" related emotions?

Many thanks!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A worldwide flood.

Yasemin,
Is this the dream as it occurred or your synopsis of it? Dreams seldom provide such literal information. The symbolism most always refers to the dreamer's experiences.

Were you abused as a child or is that something you are still trying to determine. In the dream you are talking to a theraphist {which symbolically would be yourself, the wise self}. Are you actually seeing a theraphist? Knowing a little about your personal life will answer many of the questions.
Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A worldwide flood.

Gerard It is interesting you answered my husbands dream the same way I did and he was angry about it. I explained to him that eating represents not only nourishment but affection and that the flood was symbolizing problems trying to overwhelm him and he said I was wrong but he also tells me I do not give him enough attention and he is jealous of the attention I give to my kids and friends. By the way I think you were absolutly right on target with my dream!!!! I think I do give him enough love and attention but he always wants more than I give.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A worldwide flood.

Rectification:
I think it was interesting to recieve a similar analisys than Jackie's dream, however, angry would not be the word to describe what I was feeling at the time, I would say I expected to have the dream analized within the realm of personal reality and I understand that most dreams are one's subconcious reactions to events in our phisical realm.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A worldwide flood.

yes, I did have that particular intance when I was a child. And yes, I am seeing a therapist currently.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present