Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hi, Can U help?

Hello. I am new to this site, always been interested in dreams and stuff, just looking for a lil info. Thanks. << I love the rolling smiley

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 13 f nm

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Hi, Can U help?

Hey,

Well the best place to start is this website! It is fantastic. You can look up objects/people/events that appear in your dreams alphabetically via the dream dictionary. You might want to look over the main terms that appear on the left such as "anima/animus" etc.

The entire website is based on the research of a psychologist named Carl Jung--a brilliant man who studied under the less brilliant (but unfortunately more famous)Sigmund Freud around the turn of the 20th century. Freud's ideas are mostly crap, but Jung is a very, very interesting man with some really cool insights to offer us. He is kinda hard to read, though, so I wouldn't recommend running out and buying his books.

Just browse the sight and I think you'll start to catch on. When I started, I would print stuff out and then read it and take notes.

Good luck!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Austin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Hi, Can U help?

Charlie,
Very good advice. And thanks so much for the kind words about Myths-Dreams-Symbols. I thrive on people like yourself who have a recognition of the importance of self discovery, and have the discipline to undertake the difficult tasks needed to create balance and harmony in ones life. You, and those who share the desire for gnosis, are the reason I get so much pleasure in maintaining the pages. And of course I get to utilize my creative Self, the metaphysical aspect that fits my soul image. This is my 'bliss' station in life.

Beyond the kind words you have to say about MDS, your advice to 'just browse around and you will catch on' is exactly how I try to present my pages, and attempt to articulate the message of Jung, Campbell and others. For certain people, what is said at MDS is of no interest. For others the topic of discussion {Dreams/Psyche}is of some interest, we all dream. For those few who have a real interest in personal growth, and have the discipline to deny the ego and give to the Self {your highest potential, spiritual & creative}, there are great insights to be learned in these pages, and links to other pages of various truths. This is not my wisdom, MDS is merely a conduit of greater gnosis of the universal truths. I try to keep the site entertaining, even with the 'deep' thinking that is sometimes required.

By utilizing the intuitive self, and by expanding these natural abilities, you naturally understand what you once could not understand. It takes an intuitive mind to understand dreams, well enough to be able to properly interpret them. Intuitiveness and a good knowledge of Jung.

The inner search, the gnosis {inner knowledge/truths} we seek, for meaning in life, is an experience, a psychological experience that must be undertaken by the individual. The hero of myth had to undertake the various trials to achieve his/her goals, and so do we, as individuals. MDS can only help in this search. That is my wish, my desire to share the insights to discovering these truths, personal and universal.

There is not just 'one' thing that will do it for anyone. If one takes some the time to read the pages at MDS, one will discover some of the answers being sought, and do it simply by seeking. One big reason I started requiring visitors to register {1800+ new members since January 1, 2005"} was because visitors were using the dream dictionarry, but not taking the time to read the materials on how dreams function, the psychology of the dream. Quick fixes or too easy. This is reality, life is much harder.

The harder I work, the luckier I get

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Hi, Can U help?

Melanie,
Hey girl! Glad you found the site. The smileys are nice, are they not? They are expressive of what you feel. Much like symbols and metaphor are in dreams.

Some of the stuff you find here is quite 'deep'. But don't let that stop you. Your interest alone is an indication your psyche is 'tuned in' to the inner realities.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present