Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
is it me or someone else

Hi!

My dream was filled with frustration. I was talking to my nephew to discipline him or direct him to the right direction. He is 10 and in real life has family issues as well as ADHD. I do want to help him in real life and I don't think my sister (the mother) is doing a good job with him, and his emotions.
getting back to my dream, I am outside with him he is playing soccer and hurting himself, I am telling him to do things so he could protect himself but he never listens. He gets together with his friend and does dangeouros things and he does not listen to anyone. I tell him not to do it but he does, and he says that the friend is his brother and I keep telling him that he is not. Finally, they run back and forth on the road dangeously . All of a sudden cars stop and people complain about him. They say" we tried to stop these kids many times and tried everything, but they don't stop" Then police car comes arrest my sister and my nephew along with other kid's mom. He was is a terrible shape and I felt terrible for my sister. he kept telling that the friend was his brother and I kept telling that he was not, and he was a friend.

I woke up worrying about him. also, I tried to analyze the dream thinking that it may be about my own situations. ( I started having an affair two days ago and everyone tells me to stop it) So, I think I am going to stop but don't know when.

I appreciate the response.
Y

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, NJ , USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: is it me or someone else

The frustration is the theme to your dream. Not only frustrations about your nephew but also your inner self thathas to do with the masculine. The dangerous things represent those things that your nephew may do, but also what you may doing also {the affair}. The complaints are from your inner self, and probably also represents the complaints of those around you concerning yoyr affair. The police is your fear of the authority of giving up what you have started {the affair}.

But there are probably deeper issues that may need confronting. First, why is it that you need to have an affair to begin with. Are you married and is it not working? Or is it something deeper, something that may be a stimulus from past experiences, perhaps in childhood. The representation of the trouble you have in disciplining your nephew in your dream may be pointing to something within your own life where discipline was lacking.

Look at your life. The dream is addressing the waking conditions that confront you each day, but it is also addressing the deepre inner requirements that are not being met in your life. Perhaps you need to discipline yourself to stop the affair now, instead of 'I think I am going to stop but don't know when. Frustrations and discipline.

What do you think? If you will provide your thoughts to what I have stated perhaps we can go deeper into what needs disciplining, and what will relieve you of your frustrations.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: is it me or someone else

It can relate to my life. I am not married and don't have anybody in my life right now. perhaps, I do need someone in my life. The affair is giving me a lot of the things I am hoping for I guess. I am being treated great at the same time no committment. yes, I guess I am afraid of committing and this affair gives me the flexibility to break it when I want, at the expense of my emotional turmoil. In addition, it does prove me that I cannot trust anybody. This is the way I analyze it. Yes, perhaps I need some discipline in terms of my realtionships but cannot get myself understand that I am doing anything to myself. I am not sure where the discipline was lacking in my life , since I was raised in a very disciplined (nazis) type of environment. I was thinking that I was having the affair because of my thirst for love.

It is frustrating , it is. Gerard, thanks very much for being here...

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: is it me or someone else

yasemin,
The discipline part may pertain to giving in to the desires of the mind, having an affair. Unconsciously there may be guilt associated with this. Society places dictates upon us and the moral codes often become sub-conscious. You also probably are confronting the mechanism that such experiences {affairs} usually lead to negative consequences.

But, who are we to judge. The temporal body requires attention and if the affair is serving this purpose, perhaps it can be a positive thing. You are single. Moralists who judge usually do so as a way to cast their own guilts onto other people. Just be aware and careful that the heart is not affected. If the affair is strictly sexual you can expect disappointment. If it is something that can lead to something deeper and long lasting, go for it.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: is it me or someone else

This was very insightful. Thanks Gerard!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present