Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Am I awake

Everytime I fall asleep during the day I dream (well at least I think it's a dream) that I can not wake up. I feel very much awake and am aware of sounds around me but I can not force myself to wake up. I can open my eyes and see everything but I physically can not move. I often feel like I am repeatedly falling. It's like being on the pitfall and I can't wake up. This is very scary because it is incredibly real. This goes on until something startles me Like the phone ringing or someone waking me up. I am so scared I try never to fall asleep during the day. Please help!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 PA USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Am I awake

Christin,
Not being able to wake up in a dream is most likely not being able to wake up to something in your life. You are aware of what this thing is but can not force yourself to confront it. You are phsyically paralyzed. If you open your eyes to this thing, you will be able to overcome the paralysis.
Dreams of falling often indicate emotions that you are failing to control certain aspects of your life. What are the pitfalls that are in your life, those things that may cause you to feel you are failing? This may give some indication as to what the dream is directing your attention to, that thging you seem not to be able to wake up to. You need to realize what this thing in your life is that needs your attention.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Am I awake

Why does this happen only during day sleep and never at night? Also I am a pediatric transplant nurse which is very stressful. I love my job but things are often out of my control. Lives are at stake every day and there is nothing I can do. This is a very hard fact to face but I have faced it. Other than that I suppose the list could go on when it comes to things I need to confront. It's funny but at 33y/o I guess there is still so many things that this could be. Thanks a ton for the insight, I really hope this is the last dream like that I ever have!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 PA USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: Re: Am I awake

Christin,
Thanks for teh response to my intrepretation. Your dream helps shed some light on how day dreams function and why they may be dfifferent than our night time dreams.

Your job discription explains a lot about your day dreams. The stress in your life, those things that you can not controll are probably the feelings of falling you have in your day dreams. You feel you can not wake up to the realities, but in your waking life you have to. You feel physically paralyzed to do anything about what occurs in your daily encounters of life and death. Even though you do everything possible to help those you care for, the stress is at times is overwhelming.

As far as why you have these dreams during day time and not at night, the dreams are probably reflecting the realities of the moment. When you take a nap the stress and pressures of life are most prevelent. While awake you are facing the realities. When you take a nap and day dream those realities are closest to your mind, an extension of the pressures you are experiencing. The good news is that the pressures and stress are not yet so great that they invade your dreams at night. When they begin to do, then it is time to re-assess your life and find ways to relieve the stress.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present