Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
seeing someone I know dead, with dirt smeared on them

What does it mean that I dreamt of a formerly very close girlfriend who is dead in my bed, in clean, white sheets, but her face is smeared with dirt? Also, in the same dream, the man who one day becomes my husband is in the same room but another bed and I try to smear his face with dirt but he resists me and instead proposes marriage?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40, los angeles

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Re: seeing someone I know dead, with dirt smeared on them

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40, los angeles

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

firstly, does the symbology in this dream echo any recent events in your life?
the female you once knew,an earlier you,perhaps an era of your life you would rather forget,seeing as the bedroom was involved ,maybe sexual in nature.
i sense a bit of conflict ,perhaps your female qualities have suffered in the passed and this is now being negatively projected onto the male,either outwardly , inwardly,or both.balance is the key.ie, the offer of marriage.
hope this is of use.regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 & england

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Steve makes a good point in his reply to your dream. Other possibilities are:

The girfriend may symbolize another aspect of yourself, one whose image is not pure, but is projected to be. Outwardly you pose as pure innocence but underneath you have these feelings of the opposite. The image of you trying to smear dirt onto your future husband's face may suggest you want to expose this side to him. His proposing marriage may represent a need to incorporate these hidden emotions {and perhaps desires} into your total waking self, instead of hiding them.It could symbolize a part of you that has be denied {dead}.
Also,

Dirt in this dream may symbolize the image you have of a possible relationship between the dead girlfriend and your husband, although consciously you know it did not happen. It was a fear more than a reality.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present