Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
female teacher

Hi Jerry,
I am still out here, busy life period, inner work continues
I would like to ask you share and contrast the dreams of two nights; and ask opinion on the female teacher .... I think it realates to a previous dream "can't proceed' and your reply May 01.

#1 - I am in a holy place ? was in a pew
- had taken the yantra off that I have in real life - (I was embarassed.? a hiding, ? not worthy ? not wanting others to know ,,,, perhaps I felt that I was not worthy to wear it)
- in came the holy man (priest / guru). He was the one who had blessed the yantra.
He came up to me, to where I was - he knew that he had blessed the yantra - he wanted to give me a blessing;he came over to me and and blessed me.

#2 - in a classroom, I need to pack up and get out before the next class starts. The tables in the class are arranged in a square that is broken at one corner. I am crouched on the floor hurrying packing my stuff into my bags - the female teacher comes in and stands over me. I scoop everything up under my arms and walk out. The teacher stands at the doorway and tells me she is going to fix my mark at 55. I am very upset (in fact I remember crying) and tell her that I try very hard and that if she is going to fix my grade then there is no point me trying. (part of me deep down almost wants to accept this and just take it easy).

- in a tutorial group at university. I do not know what the topic is and I feel outside the group dynamics. I am new to the group. There a dominant woman in the group. I gain some acceptance and knowledge of the assignement. I remember a book "the reticulated red Blood Cells" ,,,, one of the recommended texts - I ask if I can photocopy it for my assignment.
Group breaks up, and we are going down some stairs. I say or do something funny and a woman enjoys it.I hold her by the midriff and make her laught more.
i look back at the group coming down the stairs and we are all naked - I think this would make a good end of term photo, when it arrives.

I am working with fmy use of fixed feminine aspects to undermine myself ,,, and how to be aware when they are operating / and how to get arround them.
can you help to shed some light on this
Thanks
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: female teacher

Steve,
I will take a look at the comparison of your dreams and provide my thoughts. I am at a stage of 'business' life that is taking a lot of my energies and for me to give an honest examination will require my full attention. I will get back to you by the end of the weekend.
Thanks for your patience.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: female teacher

Justin,
When I let my intuitive Self lead me, I tend to have a better sight of what is in front of me. I could have given a response to your dreams a day or two ago but they would not have been from an truly intuitive aspect. I hope this helps.

Dream #1
The ego is willing to submit to the Self. The yantra is meant to substain your focus. Do not get lost in the symbol {geometrical design}.

Dream #2
Do not be in a hurry. Shortcuts only lead to having to retrace your steps. Parceval {pierce the valley or divide} strayed from his path and wondered in the forest many years seeking the grail {his true spiritual self}. A disarranged mandala {your square that is broken at one corner} appears in a dream it often means the power of the psyche is temporaily out of action. Some destructive attitude, or in your case trying too hard, is blocking the flow of the natural healing/realization powers {Eric Ackroyd}.
But alas! It is a female teacher who stands over you. Rejoyce in knowing the intuitive powers are watching over you. Take it easy, let fate lead you.

Dream #3
The tutorial is the inward journey. The group is the whole of who you are. Some new aspect is being presented. The feminine aspect is in the lead. With new understanding about the self the assignment becomes more clear. the reticulated red Blood Cells is the network resembling the true Self. You need not copy, the intuitive self knows from the collective experience.
The deeper you look, the more exposed you become to the true Self. Lighten up, laugh a little. It makes for a great 'photo'.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: female teacher

Thank you Jerry,

I had been looking at the 'female teacher' in a negative light ,,, I had not see the other perspective - the healing and teaching feminine aspects.

My ego had also reacted (angry, upset) to the her telling me that she was going to give me 55 ,,, yet the other perspective is that 'she' has already 'passed' me, ie: I don't have to worry or be concerned ,,, it is also significant to me that I was leaving the classroom and that she told me this at the doorway (threshold).
This is liberating and healing to me as I know that I ahve been striving for years to meet someone else's thresholds of achievement (? my fathers).
I have (and prob still hold) rigid and limiting attitudes regarding the feminine. I have not experienced the healing or guidinng aspect of the feminine in either my inner or outer life.
So this is a new and I think (already) a very significant image for me to hold and work with.

Thank you for your time on this - I appreciate that when you read from the Self more intuitive meanings are seen , for me this really gives the clues
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Ahhh ! Two Years On

I had wanted to post a longterm follow-up to a dream in which I took off a symbol of initiation (a yantra in this case).

I was amazed when I searched and saw that it is the same dream where I was blocked by a female teacher - AND the dream about me being late for a University tutorial about red blood cells (RBCs) in University.,,, I just couldn't work these out ,,,,

My current interpretation of my taking off the yantra so that I could be blessed by the 'holy man' is - that I took of something that I believed in, that was intrinsic to me ,, so that I would recieve the blessing of ,,, patriarchy.

A key clue in this, that I omitted, was that the 'holy man' was being followed by a cliche of followers ,,, sychophants ,,,, He appeared to be a Holy Man he represented a power structure of accepted belief that everyone follows hoping to pick up some 'blessings' / approval / benefits. He was even carrying a Bishop-like Staff.

I 'put down' my own beliefs to recieve the benefits of patriachy (the system).
I altered my alignment (praying towards an altar) to face the 'holy man' ,,, even if he were a holy man, I should continue to face the Divine and not a man dressed up to be holy.

On to the reticulated RBC's ,, these are immature red blood cells, made in the bone marrow - I shall quote from "The Maden King' - Marion Woodman's section pp. 185.

" The Baba (Yaga) is interested in the bones and the blood, key symbols for the life force. ,,,, The blood corpuscles are made in the bone marrow, so that the life energy, the authenticity, the soul level is in the bones."

The location of this dream was in the University - and the original purpose of a Univserity was to educate a person so that they understood their place in the Universe, in the Cosmos.

So synthesising this part of the dream - my assignment, due at the end of this break in my life, is to understand the purpose of the soul, authenticity ,,, and this contrasts my actions in the prior part of the dream where I gave up what I believed (what was authentic for me) in order to recieve the blessings of the system.

AaaHhh - as Steve said in a reply - Jung placed great importance in placing our dreams in the myth ,,, In the tale of the Maiden King, Ivan (the hero) is stopped / challenged three times by Baba Yaga - a feminine character not to be triffled with. She will not let him pass ,,, this is a test of his initiation, a test of his motivation. In the dreams where I was blocked by the feminine ,, I was giving 'reasons', excuses, saying I had done what I 'should' (ref. Joseph Campbell, the dragon of "I should").

I did not pass her test and so 'she' would not let me pass ,,, why would she - I had shown that I had not learned the lessons; namely -
i) act with respect when one deals with the Great Feminine ,,, the dark goddess. She holds the potential to devour, destroy ,,, I did not know my place in the Universe
ii) to be conscious / aware of what I am dealing with.
("Until she is encounted consciously, the values she teaches cannot be learned" - Marion Woodman, The Maiden King, pp. 186)
iii) that 'logic' (the currency of our current age) is meaningless to Her.

The dark feminine is interested in life - no bargains; no bargaining.

Say it with Soul ,,,
many thanks,
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present