Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question

Hi All,
Need your suggestions. A recent dream identified a repressed item needing resolution. I'm able to interpret everything EXCEPT the specific repressed item. I 'assume' the interpretation block is a result of the conscious mind wanting to repress and not recognize/resolve the issue. Due to the level of aggression & hostility in the dream I feel an urgent need to resolve it.

Are there techniques you recommend that enable the conscious mind to break through? I tried association but to no avail. Will try pre sleep suggestion tonight.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Question

Kathy,
Repression is normally associated with a past experience. Whereas the dream will often identify the repressed aspect in some metaphorical image or motif, it may be difficult to thoroughly understand the message. If this is the case I suggest you look back to that period of time {if known} to help determine what the experience was that is being repressed. It may take some thorough investigation since the ego-conscious mind will often try to avoid letting the experience be known. The repression is partly due to the ego self not wanting to confront the experience.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Question

hi kathy,
a technique i have used myself ,is to go back into the dream,and approach the negative part,the part that holds the fear,the anger,and ask yourself what you could have done different in the dream to bring about a more possitive outcome,
sometimes this can help identify the item that is being repressed,by the new action taken,and associate with that.

hope this is of use
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 england

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Question

Gerard & Steve,
Thanks for your input. Last night I spent in deep reflection, looking back to the central time period and repeatedly working through the dream. I continued working the dream referencing Man & His Symbols and The Power of Myth. I made very good progress with the exception of a single very important symbol.

While mulling thoughts about the dream and interpretation over morning coffee I had the Eureka! moment I was waiting for. The dream symbol, an aborted fetus, is EXACTLY the same design as the Yang. Same shape, large black eye...

It all fell into place. The dream told of the inner judge/conscience of my father which I internalized, the negative effect on my self which was the source of deep anger and aggression towards both my self and others. Internalizing my father's conscience prevented my psyche development. Of which the ego was a willing participant. By integrating a measure of the Yang or 'light' masculine, I can rid myself of this external judge, develop my own conscience based on MY deep beliefs and neutralize this negative ego aspect and stop the damage.

Another step toward wholeness. Self realization continues.

This Rocks!
Thanks ever so much,
Kathy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Question

Forgot this part! It also pointed to suppression of an extrovert personality trait by my father's 'children should be seen but not heard' policy combined with his yelling at us all the time. (Love you Dad! But next time around don't yell so dang much.)

I suppose bringing an introvert tendency to the forefront lends itself to my self work now. As all, was meant to be, the path was forged.

Bye,
K.

Re: Re: Re: Question

Kathy,
Jung developed his theories on personality types to help us to better understand the inner workings of the individual psyche. To live life introverted when you are an extravert is going against the grain. It will not function properly.

Personally I did that for the first 18 years of my life, was an extravert {extrovert} living an introverted life. The next 24 years were spend reconciling the outer life with my inner deficiencies. Now I prefer to live life away from the crowds {counter to true extravertism} and yet I retain my extravert personality. Am I off my path? No, it is called balance.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question

Hi Gerard,
I felt this was the bonus message. In past I tried to examine a disparity in my view vs peers views of me. I feel to be an introvert (like being alone, need quite down time, don't like crowds) while others view me as an extrovert (outgoing, open, a 'Hawkeye Pierce' personality). Wasn't sure why the views were so different. Couldn't decipher it. Thought one or the other was the only real self but wasn't sure which. Had shelved it for future reflection then it presented in the dream.

I think?! I now understand why the extrovert and introvert personalities are both present and can recognize the sources. The dream indicated the two working together so it feels to be a positive message.

Thanks again,
Kathy

stats from 7-14-10 to the present