Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
outdoor festival, lesions, art

Hi there,

I had a somewhat disturbing dream last night. I was at an outdoor festival with friends. I know among the people I was with was a person with whom I recently terminated our friendship. The entire time we are at the festival my left leg is bothering me. I notice on the back of my leg are several lesions which are dark and quite large. I am horrified and panicked but I don't say anything. We are ready to leave and we get into our rented van and there are several paintings that hadn't been there before. We don't know who put them there and we see no one around so we begin to drive off. As we are driving away a group of people start chasing the van until we stop. They accuse us of stealing their art. We explain we hadn't seen anyone before we left. They take the pieces/paintings and leave. The rest of my dream I remember thinking about my leg and the lesions. It felt so real that when I woke up I had to focus and ask myself if it was a dream or had this happened yesterday. It disturbed me, I kept thinking maybe I was dying, or had cancer. I know the left part of the body has some sort of significance but I don't remember what.

Any help interpreting this dream is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Juma

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: outdoor festival, lesions, art

Juma,
I broke down your dream into possibilties. Look at them and let me know your thoughts. Perhaps I can get more from the dream symbols from your comments.

having to do with your conscious self

a rejected part of self.

the emotional self

large unconscious lesions

you have repressed this aspect

inner realizations not seen before {paintings}

repressing these realizations

your other aspects are after the truth

trying to steal your inner creative/spiritual/emotional self

taking the pieces and making them conscious

I believe something will click when you read the above.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: outdoor festival, lesions, art

Hi there,

sorry for taking so long to respond, I was out of town. I guess the things that stood out from your points was stealing my creative side/self. I have been neglecting that part of me for some time now and I think it is starting to bother me on an unconscious level. I don't know if the entire dream was about that or just the part with the paintings found in the van. I think part of the dream was just a reflection of weekend plans with friends to take a drive to Montreal for the International Reggae festival so I think the van and the festival have little meaning in my dream. The paintings and the lesions however do reflect something. The rejection that you mentioned could have to do with the fact that one of my friends in the dream is someone I had liked/had a crush on for quite some time and he is the friend who invited me on our weekend trip to Montreal so I might have been thinking about being rejected by him in the past and that krept up in my dream because I was somewhat anxious going away with him.

Your help has been great, anymore insight would be really nice.

thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: outdoor festival, lesions, art

Juma,
The creative aspect when neglected, especially if you are aware of the psyche connection, will present itself in your dreams seking proper attention. I have had these type dreams on ocassion. And I pay attention to them.

I would not dismiss the van ride to the outdoor festival {Reggae festival} as having little meaning. It is at the festival where your left leg hurts {left being the creative, leg being the support mechanism that it provides for a balance life}. Perhaps there is something about the type festival you attended {reggae} that provides some of the pain in your creative life. Personally I have an attraction to reggae music because of its spiritual impact {along with the style music that I greatly appreciate}.
Are you settled on what your creative self is all about? The pain associated with the festival may have more meaning than just the neglect you have shown toward your creative self. In your dream the van is only rented and not a possession. Perhaps looking to the deeper meaning of this aspect of the dream will provide better insights to your creative self.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present