Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
celebtration time

Hi
I had 2 friends ring with similar dreams in the same evening. My partner has a "happy" coffee shop. Family come to celebrate his birthday, but he is disapointed he has no gifts. Everyone is happy bar him, and I try to make light of the situation.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: celebtration time

Dana,
I will need more information about the dream and the dreamers to give any accurate interpretation to the dream. Were the dreamers male or female? That is important. If the dreamer is male and had this dream, the dream would most likely have a completely different interpretation that if the dreamer were female. Please provide as much detail as you can and I will give an interpretation.
Thanks,
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: celebtration time

Hi Gerard,
Thanks for the reply. Both are my partners eldest sisters, one in her 50's the other in her 60's. Only the eldest sister told my partner her dream after speaking to me about it. Both said that the dream had a really joyous tone and everyone knew each other and mingled happily as most family functions. It wasn't an offical engagment as such but more of a gathering, if that helps. It gave me the belief of a support network.
Being a coffee shop there was a large and beautiful flower arrangement, lots of sweets and liquours and the like. An open cafe that went onto the sidewalk, like you see in European movies. It is near the beach and it is a clear day with a slight breeze.

I hope this helps, I am not sure what else could help you interpret the dream.
Regards
Dana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: Re: celebtration time

Dana,
I appreciate your follow-up response.
I will try to give a quick lesson on dreams so yto help all understand the possibilities to your posted dream.

There are two ways {at least} in looking at these dreams. One is the personal which only the dreamer can understand thoroughly, because it involves real experiences that only the dreamer knows about. The second is the deeper inner life of the dreamer, qualities and aspects of the dreamer such as the anima/animus, the shadow, the Greater Self {spiritual/creative}. To better understand these terms see the left column of this page.

When you see other people in your dreams, they most often symbolize some aspect about yourself. A man in a woman's dream would most likley symbolize her masculine qualities, in some way, which could be either positive or negative, or both. A woman in a man's dream would most often symbolize his feminine aspects {or lack of}. Usually this holds true unless it involves family members or some one very close. In those instances they could symbolize opposite qualities as well as the actual person {in relationship to the dreamer}.
Example: For me to dream of an unknown woman would surely suggest the woman was an aspect of my own psyche. If I dreamed of my sister she could represent my feminine qualities as well as her true self. The dream would be trying to communicate something about our relationship or aspects about her that involve her real person and not just the qualities about myself.

The personal aspects of the dreams, the actual waking experinces shared by the sisters, would be something only they could discern. The interpretation of the dream{s} would involve events that occurred recently, and could possibly relate to experiences they shared. Look back to the previous days prior to the dream and determine if there were encounters between your partner and his eldest sisters and what transpired during those encounters. The happy coffee shop and the disaapointment about not receiving gifts would most likely symbolize something about his person {personality, habits, mannerisms, traits, or something he said or did} that both sisters were left with the same impression of. It probably would have been something of importance to have both sisters dream the same thing.

As far as the deeper inner issues, the happy coffee shop that your brother owns would symbolize their own masculine qualities. I think being happy suggests there is good balance within their psyche when it comes to integrating those masculine qualities into their whole life. The celebration come represent a mildstone in their lives having to do with those masculine qualities. The disappointment may involve some expectation that did not work out as thought.

The symbolism of 'everyone' in the part about 'everyone bar him' would symbolise all the other aspects and qualities the sisters possess, and share. Since it is only the masculine aspect of the sisters that is disappointed, and all other aspects make light of the istuation, it probably involves some less important event. Not having the whole dreams makes it very difficult if not impossible to give a certain interpretation.

The sisters shared many things in their lives and share the same gene pool. The fact that they had the same dream at the same time is probably significant. Perhaps they are both approaching some event or period of time that would seem to be masculine oriented, or had already had the exdperience and both were disappointed. It is not that unusual for related persons to have the same dream. But all dreams have a message. What have they shared or expect to share that would fit the dream as I 'tried' to explain it?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: celebtration time

Hi Gerard,
Thank you for the time you have spent trying to teach me the basics of dream interpretation. There are some very interesting and valid issues. I do believe however, the masculine / feminine aspects as well as the balance of the psyche. I need to think a little more deeply about the significance of it.
Thanking you again.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present