Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cats&dog

the night before this dream I was with my family in a trailor that we had rented for the night--they were taking me to B.C for University. That night we got the call that my grandmother had passed away a few hours earlier. Our trip was cancelled and we were to head back home the next morning.
I had two dreams.
In the first, I was lying in my bed in the trailor. I felt a cat come lie behind me and I was comforted by its presence. For some reason I began to feel really anxious so I got up and the cat clung to my back. It felt like it was a parasite, sharing my body. I was really scared and walked to the living room. There I saw a very large fluffy grey cat. I felt like it would hiss at me so I backed away frightened. Then I saw that there were tons of cats all around me, yowling. I could still feel the cat and though I never saw him I knew he was a reddish brown colour. I could feel his claws digging into me.
In the next dream I was digging through a pile of rubble with my family. My dad found my box of reactin and I felt embaressed. A dog (which looked like a young wolf, we had seen it on the road in my waking life) came to help us search. I had a feeling we were searching for something very important.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19 & Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: cats&dog

Katherine,
Sorry to take so long to get back with you. I will spend some time looking at your dreams indepth, hopefully later today. I have given thought to the cats in your dream and believe that understanding the symbolic meaning of the cats will provide answers to your dream. But the different cats most likely symbolize different things, more trhan just your feminine aspects. If you have any other associations to the dreams it may help in the understanding of the dreams.
Thanks,
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: cats&dog

the thing that's so confusing and what makes these dreams stand out to me is that I don't have many associations. Lately I've been pretty in touch with what my dreams are telling me.
The cats really frightened me, the one cat was soothing and then i became really anxious. Then it was clinging to me..ugh! I can still remember that feeling of it on my back...almost like a leech but not quite in the sense of sucking my life force out..
then the cats kept coming up everywhere in the living room, yowling at me. they all wanted something from me and it really scared me.
the dog made me feel relieved, I was glad that he was there.
Sorry if that was repetitive!
Thanks Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: Re: cats&dog

Katherine,
Look at conflicts concerning masculine/feminine issues in your life. Perhaps having the dog provide relief suggests certain masculine traits are required. Dreams deal in emotions and having a lot of cats yowling at you may represent these emotions, a feminine trait. Not being able to get away from certain stressful emotions may be the cat that is clinging to you. Let me know your thoughts.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: cats&dog

that makes sense, I went through a break up this summer that I definately haven't let go of, I don't feel like I've had closure over it--I still have issues of anger and betrayel around it. I also had a falling out with a friend, who I felt was like a mentor to me, she was more interested in me sexually. I haven't spoken with either of these people since the initial falling outs. Even through my grandmother's death these two issues stand out more in my mind and are more so emotionally exhausting. I'm not sure how to get past them, if I should try to repair bridges or not

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cats&dog

Cats are very sensitive, nervous animals, maybe you embraced too much into those relationships, it happens, and you need to be more like a dog, face things up, protect your territory, and shout sometimes?, I hope this view help you
Marie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Fl

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cats&dog

Katherine,
Marie makes a good point about the cats being sensative animals. I have three cats and one is very sensative, especially if I give more attention to one of my other cats. Does this fit your personality, a very sensative person?

All the emotions that you have experienced recently can explain the presence of so many cats in your dream. Taking the cat as a feminine symbol for emotions {as well as other feminine aspects} it would explain the relationship of the cats to your actual waking life. Tons of yowling cats is a very good indication of emotional stress.

The second dream seems to be a mixture of the emotional stress {rubble} and also some other personal stuff that is hard to get at. There seems to be something that is hard to get at in your life since in the dream you need help finding what you are looking for. The dog may represent masculine qualities which you may need in finding it. The reactin may be significant, and the inclusion of your dad. Look deeper into the possibilities of the reactin symbols {a drug to treat histamine}. The dog that look like a wolf could symbolize those masculine qualities that represent guidance needed in solving the stress in your life. That could be what you are looking for in all the rubble that is going on in your life.

What do you think?
Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cats&dog

Hello,
sorry for the wait, I just moved into university and it's been quite stressful!
I'd consider myself a very sensitive person, so what you've both said about the cats is very fitting. Especially now. I'm very prone to homesickness, my parents are still here but they go back across the country today. So I'm finding I really need some strength right now. And I definately need to shout out more. And find a way to deal with my stress..I saw a counsellor back home and I will definately see one here. I do feel that my Dad and the anti-histamine are important, and also feeling embaressed that he found it. In my waking life, I feel like I have allergies but my official test results came back negative, and reactin doesn't even work for me! I was using it on the road because I hoped it would help with my reaction to air conditioning. But I'm not sure what kind of symbol it would be in my dreams. My Dad doesn't usually show much emotion, he's loving and supportive but he doesn't really allow his own emotions out.
I think that overall I do need help diging through the rubble
Thanks Gerard and Marie

stats from 7-14-10 to the present