Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dog mutilation

Last night I dreamt that my precious male Chihuahua went outside with my son. Not clear as to whether he was loose or on a leash. When they returned in the house, my dog had been very badly torn up, as "somthing" had attacked him. I sensed it was a lion, and instructed my son to apply pressure & hold the wounds together while I sought help. Quite sure this is my animus crying out to me, as I frequently dream about small male dogs, always in need of help. Also, the lion presence happens quite a bit, although it is usually not threatening. Went through a two year period wherein they were simply stalking outside my door, but nothing scary. Recently had a dream involving a political forum in which trainers had brought young lions in on leashes. Again, my son was there, and my dogs. Told my son we needed to leave as this was a weird & potentially dangerous situation. As we walked out the door, the lions became hostile & started attacking other people. The only connectiion to politics for me is my son's love for political issues & debates.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48, New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: dog mutilation

Laurie,
The male Chihuahua probably is an aspect of your masculine psyche. And I believe this dream is also addressing some of the stress you are experiencing over your failed business adventure. Since you have had dreams over the past two years {does that time frame have anything to do with the time frame of your business} it may indicate its relationship to that stress {small dogs in need of help}. The lion would be the stress that is building up from the venture. It is constantly stalking you {I am self employed and know the feeling of having to constantly be on top of things}and while it is not scary {so much as to overwhelm you} it is stressful.

The badly torn up Chihuahua may be your torn up psyche due to the failure of the business. The lion {the aggressive world of doing business, especially in a man's world} has caused emotional wounds. seeking help may be an inner need as well as an outer need {someone to help rescue you from the business venture}.

Leaving the weird and potentially dangerous situation may represent the business adventure that threatens your way of life. The lions may be debtors also, seemingly attacking you {the other people are the other aspects of your psyche}. The politics symbol may be trying to put more attention on your son. What is unanswered is the role your son plays in all of this. What kinds of pressure are being applied in association to your son?

Let me know your thoughts to my interpretstaions to your dreams and perhaps we can expand on the possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,
Thank you so much for your input - I should start by telling you that my son works for me, and suffers the same stress factors. Also, the lion dreams started before the business - I remembered just this morning that they started about 9 years ago, the lurking thing outside my home, and one in particular stands out. The lion was outside my home, not really agressive, but I did not feel safe to go outside. I should tell you that I am Wiccan, and nature (outside) is a very big part of my well being. Anyway, out of the blue came a GORGEOUS black panther that attacked the lion & then went on its way. I must emphasize how beautiful, muscular & slinky this cat was, very athletic & the sense of it being female. I don't know if this cat killed the lion or not, but I felt safer for it.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: dog mutilation

Hi Laurie,
'An it harm none, do as ye will.
Everyone should have some knowledge of all earth based religions to include Wicca. Most Americans are so isolated from anything outside their own ego-centered material world that they are unable to appreciate the realities of the natural world and the stresses we are placing on it. What we do to the planet, we do to ourselves. If we continue to harm the Mother, we can only expect a natural response to her pain. Katrina may be part of that warning.

As for your dream {thanks for the response}. The masculine that was mauled in your dream, the Chihuahua, could also apply to your son. I had some questions as how deep to his involvement in the business adventure and your response helped with that.

As for the lion part of the dream, you may want to look back 9 nears ago to see what may have prompted the lion symbols. I can see the lion as being a part of your own masculine aspects, and if you were placed in a position where you were the boss {you take on all the resposnibilities}, then it makes some since. Perhaps it was lurking outside as a possibility, you were expecting it to happen?.

Being a Wiccan could have some bearing on the part of not feeling safe to go outside. Because we {I include myself} have different spiritual concepts we are often looked at with discrimnation in our 'christian' society. Sometimes it isn't safe to express our spirituality. Although I believe we all are equal, lesser minds do prevail in today's America.

Let me spend a little more time with the dream and see if I can come up with other possibilities. There may be some deeper issues that your dreams are trying to communicate. Whereas the personal aspect dealing with the stressful venture into the business world seems to fit, the deeper possibilities may be seeking exparession also. And since you do have a desire for personal growth I know you are open to anything that helps in that growth.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Dear Gerard,
Thank you so much for the kind words & supportive attitude. I am definitely open to ideas - had become side tracked with all the stress of this business venture, but will NOT give up without a courageous fight (I'm a Sag). Anyway, had put my spirituality on the back burner & hadn't really practiced for a while, hadn't dreamt as much either. I am now back to remembering anywhere from 2 to 6 a night. As with everything else, some just seem to be downloaded garbage, stress that needs to be discarded, yet others are far more profound. Truly appreciat any input you may have.
BB,
Laurie

Re: Re: dog mutilation

Laurie,
Joseph Campbell taught us that by following your bliss you will come to bliss. He was unapologetic about this philosophy throughout his life. But in an interview with Michael Toms {An Open Life} Campbell admitted that even he had trouble staying focused. in his later years. This is because of the many demands that the social dragon places upon us. Following the hero/heroine path is most difficult in an age where our focus is so material driven.

By placing your focus back to the inner world of self discovery you are back to your path. The mauling you have experienced in your dreams is related to not being able to focus on the spiritual/creative Self. There are so many demands on us, it is hard to stay the course. But once you get a taste of the wonder and joy of the other world, you can not help but return. I hope you are able to do just that and are able to discard those things that bring stress into your life. Slaying the many dragons that our 21st century world puts before us is a difficult path to follow. But the alternatives are not accpetable, at least to anyone who has dared to venture into the world of the dream.

Gerard

Thank you, once again,I really appreciate it & think you are right on the mark. I have been trying very hard to return to myself through mditation & Wiccan practices, and am feeling a lot mor relaxed already. Do believe a lot of these dreams were my pysche trying to gently push me back in the right direction. Had 6 on Saturday night that I remember, 3 last night - two of which were the classic stress dream. I am easing myself back into practice of the tarot, and have committed to pulling a card & meditating on it each night for a week so as to reacquiant myself. Wouldn't you know that Saturday night I pulled the 9 of swords, the ultimate card of worry, stress & sleepless nights. Meditated on it again last night, went to sleep around 10:00 & was awoken by a nightmare at 1:00 after which I had a very hard time getting back to sleep again. However, in the additional hour I did manage to get, had two more dreams. Whew! What a casework - I could keep you busy full time. I'm very interested in the Jungian study of dreams, and have picked up a couple of books to educate myself. The only problem is that whole human nature thing that prevents us from being objective enough to analyze our own true Self. Hope the universe is with me on this, as I really feel a life change is necessary for growth at this point. Thank you again for your input.Hope to hear from you soon,
Laurie

stats from 7-14-10 to the present