Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Needles

What does it mean when you look at someone in your dream and they have lots of needles/nails or pins sticking out of their head?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 - Alberta Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Needles

P,
The definition or meaning of a dream symbol is usually relational to the entire dream. Can you post the whole dream so it can be examined in the context of the dream? That would help in determining a possible meaning.

Off hand, the symbol resembles a pin cushion. Possibly a symbol for someone who may hold sharp or needling attitudes or thoughts.

Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Needles

Hi Kathy,

The dream was about being in my grandfathers grocery store when I was little and I heard a loud pounding noise coming from the back of the store ( I thought it was a giant walking to come get me and I was scared). Then when I turned around I saw my grandfather standing facing sideways and when he turned around he had these needles/pins sticking out of his head and also he had almost like puncture marks all over his face. I was in shock and afraid. I did not understand why I had this dream as my grandfather was dearly loved by me. Any thoughts?

Re: Re: Re: Needles

P,
I will let Kathy give her thoughts about your dream before I attempt an interpretation. Since she has ideas to what the needles may represent I will give her a chance to respond. This is a forum for all to paricipate and I encourage as much input from as possible from others. It is a learning experince for all of us.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: Needles

OK thanks Gerard

Re: Needles

P,
As Gerard and the group here often remind us, dream characters most often represent and inform us about a part of our Self rather than about the dream character. And that the interpretation must fit with the dreamer. Hence the disclaimer! This could be way off or could be close. The key here is to get you thinking about what it means to you. This is akin to hints that get you closer…

It’s possible your inner child (your younger self) is communicating a need for contemplation (loud pounding sound ‘Hey- pay attention to this”) of a specific issue stored in your unconscious. (your grandfather’s store)

Your grandfather could represent the male aspect of wisdom, or maturity, and because you mention you loved him dearly it could point to a need of self love of an inner aspect of Self. Or could this relate to mid life transition? In our 40's we experience emotional, physical and intellectual changes related to our increasing maturity. And social pressures to pursue regeneration of youth as opposed to living comfortably and gracefully with Nature's order.

Pins & needles could be agitation and/or stress, a visual pun meaning pinhead (a ignorant or foolish person) or sharp or needling attitudes (pin cushion). Could this be your unconscious asking you to recognize a self defeating attitude or behaviour? - ‘stop thinking/behaving like this, it’s harmful to your inner Self”. Is a part of your Self under attack? The puncture marks could represent how deeply affected you are by this issue. Or it could be asking you to investigate the deeper aspect in order to discover and face the issue.

Facing sideways may imply avoidance, not wanting to face or confront the issue. Turning could signal a time has come to confront or deal with the issue. Which at first can be a source of shock and fear.

Look at two areas specifically for anything that may seem relevant. First- is there anything in the days preceding the dream. Second- during your childhood, about the age you remember being with your grandfather/in your grandfathers store.

Hope this helps. Let me know if anything comes to mind. And thank you for posting your dream at MDS. I’m receiving an education here I’ll use my entire life time!

Best regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

P,
Kathy does a excellent job with the interpretation of your dream and offers real insights to the possibilities. If you will respond to her interpretation with your thoughts perhaps she/we can expand on the possibilities. Her suggestions about mid-life and childhood are important to this dream and may lead you to a better understanding to the inner processes that are affecting your waking life at this moment in time. Look forward to your response.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Dear Kathy,

Your insigts are very interesting. I think you could be correct in a lot of what you say. It has given me a lot to think on and I will get back to you later on when I have had the time to try and make more sense out of it all. Thanks ever so much for your responses.

Patti

stats from 7-14-10 to the present