Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Conflict & resolution

Hi All,

I think a time of significant change has arrived. I believe I’ve identified the current stage I’m experiencing in the hero’s journey. The call was received, refused and am currently making preparations to cross the threshold. This dream is descriptive of how dreams & interpretation have significant relevance in both my waking life and development of inner self.

Comments, thoughts, questions and contradictions are all welcome. I'm a student & am open to your interpretations.

Notes:
1. Spend my free time at the park to get centered with Nature and to work on self by reading, reflecting and overcoming ego/anxieties about recent choices.

2. Interviewed Monday 8/22 with the Red Cross. Tuesday 8/23 was donate blood day. Thursday 8/25 was 2nd interview & accepted 12 month term position. Must admit, this dream contributed in my final decision and commitment.

3. Ron is a regular on the park trails. Approx 65 to 70 years old, in excellent mental and physical condition, friendly, and possessing an enthusiastic & kind inner nature.

4. B. is male possessing a singular self interest personality. M. is female, very grounded person. There is information I did not disclose due to the confidentiality and sensitive nature of the situation. My negative feelings regarding B. are a source of uncertainty in interrelating this section of the dream.

5.Four sq, kick ball and dodge ball were my favorite playground games in elementary school. I forgot I was very competitive as a child.

Dream from Tuesday, August 23, 2005
At work, sick with a cold. Tell my boss I’m sick & leaving for the day. He says ok. Walking out of office, in hall, see M. & Renee. Tell them I’m sick & leaving for the day. They say they are leaving too. Walking, push open glass door, outside, bright sun, midday heat feels good on my skin, walking with M. & Renee.
[Returning to work for self interest results in being out of harmony with my inner being. Inner conflict – know this isn’t what I want. Must follow heart & not mind here. Feminine aspects in agreement & supportive. Opening glass door & walking though it represents an invitation, a call to adventure, and symbolic of inner self wanting to cross the threshold.]

Riding bike on road, see Ron in his driveway/yard doing yard work beside him a pile of mulch. Smile & wave as I ride by, he smiles & waves. Looks like he wants to talk. Turn around & ride back. Yard work today? Oh yes, mulching the flower garden today. Need to take care of the flowers. Well must get back to riding & ride off. Have a good ride.
[Mature wisdom appears to signify importance of this message. Riding bike is the path with the bike signifying a more simple & singular path. Will have guidance and help along the way. Ron is preparing to mulch, caring for, protecting and nurturing.]

Joe driving an old station wagon. Stops to talk, invites me to go with him, I get in passenger seat.
[Joe is of very moderate means. Represents giving up or casting off material wants, old self interests. Have been working on this the past few weeks, getting rid of a lot of material goods in making preparations for move to smaller space.]

M. at car window, say’s B. called, not coming to visit, is sick. Touch her arm & say I’m so sorry M.. I know how much you were looking forward to his visit. Says just as well, he can’t have sex. (The prior section repeated twice in dream.) He’s going to run in the desert. I grimace & ask why would he do that? She says because its 98 degrees in the desert & he can sweat it out. (mental picture of B. running alone on desert road).
[In order to achieve success, need to endure the struggle/hardship/hard work or discomfort and efforts that go along with success. A mystical place of trial & cleansing/detoxifying of the inner self and/or the body.

There is a connotation of selfishness here but in what way? Requiring a modicum of selfishness, time alone, to further self work or a warning to not engage in selfishness here. Ego pushing self doubts, inner self may need this time alone to reinvest and strengthen resolve, affirmation of the right path in choices. Also may indicate a need for continued celibacy or descriptive of fear that physical intimacy will result in illness. Need to keep mulling this section to get to the answer.]

Renee, in back seat, then the three of us standing, talking, says you’re not going to believe what happened! I went home & someone was building a house in my yard. I say What? You’re kidding. Renee - yeah, can you believe it? I went home & outside in the side yard there’s a guy building a house there. He put in a concrete square to build his house on. I told him he couldn’t build a house there. He asked why not? I said Hello?! It’s my yard, there’s my house right there. He said Oh-ok & leaves.
[A new base or foundation to build a new inner self, a solid and clear understanding, a new base in my belief system. Ego defense, current self already established. Renee represents the aggressive, negative feminine self, the stalwart defense – Everything is fine the way it is.]

I say way cool, are you going to plant flowers around it? (mental picture of white concrete square pad with tulips growing around all four sides) Renee - What? Why would I do that? (Turn to M. & now it’s hers.) You can make it a four square court for your niece to play on. (mental picture of small girl playing four sq on the concrete square, divided into four equal squares by lines) M.-Yeah, that’s a great idea.
[Inner feminine recognizes need of a new foundation for the whole self to be built on this base. Must move beyond current version of reality and expand consciousness in order to attain inner unity. The Mandala is there but as yet blank. Start with the inner child. Positive changes are occurring in waking life. Surrounded by flowers, tulips, indicates a time of fresh new beginnings, fertility, spiritual development, growth or the potential for growth. Symbolic of how to begin: faith, charity and hope. Significant representation of the Red Cross logo.]

Regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Conflict & resolution

Kathy,
A lenghtly post and very detailed. I will need a little time to go through it all to give a proper response. I will work on it today and try to accommidate you later today.
Thanks,
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Conflict & resolution

Gerard,
A dream last night illuminated the meaning deciphering the symbolism for B. running in the desert to cure his illness. It relates to a difficult decision (a secondary conflict in the original dream) I needed to make in dissolving a personal attachment prior to crossing the first threshold & continue the journey. The ego projected it as selfishness, a negative trait, to influence the decision in favor of ego over inner self to prevent the crossing. The unconscious direction came through but I was confused with the two 'viewpoints'.

The new dream shows I must disolve the attachment & take the time alone for self work towards wholeness.

Thanks,
K.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Conflict & resolution

Kathy,
Thanks for your patience in waiting for my interpretation. You have done an excellent job of breaking down the dream. I have added some comments that may help clarify some obstacles that still lye before you.

At work, sick with a cold. Tell my boss I’m sick & leaving for the day. He says ok. Walking out of office, in hall, see M. & Renee. Tell them I’m sick & leaving for the day. They say they are leaving too. Walking, push open glass door, outside, bright sun, midday heat feels good on my skin, walking with M. & Renee.
[Returning to work for self interest results in being out of harmony with my inner being. Inner conflict – know this isn’t what I want. Must follow heart & not mind here. Feminine aspects in agreement & supportive. Opening glass door & walking though it represents an invitation, a call to adventure, and symbolic of inner self wanting to cross the threshold.]

At work could very well symbolize the social requirements and also the effort needed in finding the true {hero} path. The united feminine aspects are wanting to get away from the social requirements {so to devote more time to the true self, the path}. But are still having to report to the masculine. Getting away from the 'job', being outside that environment let's you be in that place your soul desires and dimenises the authority of the masculine

Riding bike on road, see Ron in his driveway/yard doing yard work beside him a pile of mulch. Smile & wave as I ride by, he smiles & waves. Looks like he wants to talk. Turn around & ride back. Yard work today? Oh yes, mulching the flower garden today. Need to take care of the flowers. Well must get back to riding & ride off. Have a good ride.
[Mature wisdom appears to signify importance of this message. Riding bike is the path with the bike signifying a more simple & singular path. Will have guidance and help along the way. Ron is preparing to mulch, caring for, protecting and nurturing.]

<The inner masculine is wanting be part of the path. The outer world is still in need of work

Joe driving an old station wagon. Stops to talk, invites me to go with him, I get in passenger seat.
[Joe is of very moderate means. Represents giving up or casting off material wants, old self interests. Have been working on this the past few weeks, getting rid of a lot of material goods in making preparations for move to smaller space.]

<Riding on the passenger side. The masculine is driving but is willing to talk about it.

M. at car window, say’s B. called, not coming to visit, is sick. Touch her arm & say I’m so sorry M.. I know how much you were looking forward to his visit. Says just as well, he can’t have sex. (The prior section repeated twice in dream.) He’s going to run in the desert. I grimace & ask why would he do that? She says because its 98 degrees in the desert & he can sweat it out. (mental picture of B. running alone on desert road).
[In order to achieve success, need to endure the struggle/hardship/hard work or discomfort and efforts that go along with success. A mystical place of trial & cleansing/detoxifying of the inner self and/or the body.

There is a connotation of selfishness here but in what way? Requiring a modicum of selfishness, time alone, to further self work or a warning to not engage in selfishness here. Ego pushing self doubts, inner self may need this time alone to reinvest and strengthen resolve, affirmation of the right path in choices. Also may indicate a need for continued celibacy or descriptive of fear that physical intimacy will result in illness. Need to keep mulling this section to get to the answer.]

<Masculine aspect is not as well as it should be, has not fully accepted/united with the feminine {can not have sex}. The masculine is having to accept its new role in your life even if it has to sweat it out. The 98 degrees may be just one less away from wholeness {9, symbolize the feminine and wholeness}.

Renee, in back seat, then the three of us standing, talking, says you’re not going to believe what happened! I went home & someone was building a house in my yard. I say What? You’re kidding. Renee - yeah, can you believe it? I went home & outside in the side yard there’s a guy building a house there. He put in a concrete square to build his house on. I told him he couldn’t build a house there. He asked why not? I said Hello?! It’s my yard, there’s my house right there. He said Oh-ok & leaves.

[A new base or foundation to build a new inner self, a solid and clear understanding, a new base in my belief system. Ego defense, current self already established. Renee represents the aggressive, negative feminine self, the stalwart defense – Everything is fine the way it is.]

<3 out of 4 ain't bad but it is not quite there. Th masculine is still trying to encroach. It seems to be as much an outer encroachment than an inner. This may be a rejection of the outer masculine. But since 'he' is trying to frame the 'house' {you} in a square perhaps there is a need to compromise with the outer masculine world, but on your terms. By confronting the masculine, in the ego world, you are able to venture the path as a whole person, defying the patriarchal world that is unyielding to anyone of lesser courage.

I say way cool, are you going to plant flowers around it? (mental picture of white concrete square pad with tulips growing around all four sides) Renee - What? Why would I do that? (Turn to M. & now it’s hers.) You can make it a four square court for your niece to play on. (mental picture of small girl playing four sq on the concrete square, divided into four equal squares by lines) M.-Yeah, that’s a great idea.
[Inner feminine recognizes need of a new foundation for the whole self to be built on this base. Must move beyond current version of reality and expand consciousness in order to attain inner unity. The Mandala is there but as yet blank. Start with the inner child. Positive changes are occurring in waking life. Surrounded by flowers, tulips, indicates a time of fresh new beginnings, fertility, spiritual development, growth or the potential for growth. Symbolic of how to begin: faith, charity and hope. Significant representation of the Red Cross logo.

The ever present masculine seems to still be an obstacle in your waking life. Join the club, you are not alone. The patriarchal system in which we live is ever present and dominant. Being a woman makes it that much more difficult. A few compromises may be in order but they must be within the confines of your true Self and not on the terms dictated by that masculine world. The need to stand up to the masculine in your outer life is most important, not in an unyielding way but by finese. You probably have already discovered this but because the masculine world is so unrelenting it is a constant strain on those inner resourses. By stay the coarse and using your own defined masculine qualities you will be able to stand toe to toe with any outer masculine obstacle that comes your way.

Does your outer world have a constant masculine influence that you must confront? Perhaps the most common obstacle that must be dealt with in the ego world is that of patriarchcy. What are your thoughts?

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Conflict & resolution

Gerard,

Thank you for your insight. As always, you have a good perspective that invokes deep thought.

Yes, obstacles remain. Sat night/yesterday I believe a measure of progress was made and will continue working. In the deeper aspect the masculine was clinging to the social expectations of a patriarchal life (materialism, doing what others/society want, etc) while the feminine has been actively working to throw off the fetters and follow the inner path, to cross the first threshold. Although with your response I understand the feminine may have been looking in to severe a direction to the total exclusion on the masculine. In the personal aspect Dave’s denial has been an obstacle I’m gently working to overcome. I see both of these as the constant masculine influence you outlined. Additionally, I didn’t achieve my August goal of 40 minutes on the trail. I’m still at 43 minutes on 5 miles and it’s irksome. (Lazy skeezer!)

I accepted the job based on my inner path/self. My life to date has been readying me for this. With this job several major life changes are required and I’ve been trying to make preparations. The masculine has been in mutiny causing me to focus on problems not solutions. The self allowed the masculine to rein discord and doubt. Restless nights waking 3, 4, 5 times a night. Conscious self told me it’s an effect of peri menopause so suck it up & just deal with it.

I know from past history the more time I spend in Nature the more conflict, both inner and outer, I’m working through. I’ve been reflecting & reading at the park every evening & sometimes experiencing ‘oneness’. It’s the centering and grounding through Nature that helps me see inner truths. Yesterday I finally started seeing solutions instead of problems.

Yesterday morning I awoke in deep sadness from a dream. Spent the day at the park. Still sad but then the tide turned. While driving home heard Truckin’ by the Grateful Dead then Shine by Collective Soul. Brought light to what the unconscious wanted revealed in the morning dream. Sadness disappeared. The feminine is making some good choices, yes follow the path. The helping hands will be there when needed.

With your response I realized in part the direction I was headed was too severe, almost a self flagellation. I now see this is what the masculine was rebelling against. I'll reflect and redirect.

I’m thankful for dreams & MDS. Dreams are the trail into the wilderness of life. MDS is the light that illuminates that trail found in the night.

Many thanks,
K.

PS. Still another restless night although I woke to the song Truckin playing in my head. I’ll be glad when menopause arrives. I don’t ‘live gently’ when sleep deprived. After your post re: Katrina I reviewed my journal and found the interruptions in sleep started 8/24. I attributed this to peri menopause and anxiety over the new job/life decisions. Perhaps Katrina is an additional factor.

Truckin’ by The Grateful Dead

Truckin’ got my chips cashed in. keep truckin’, like the do-dah man
Together, more or less in line, just keep truckin’ on.

Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on main street.
Chicago, new york, detroit and it’s all on the same street.
Your typical city involved in a typical daydream
Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings.

Dallas, got a soft machine; houston, too close to new orleans;
New york’s got the ways and means; but just won’t let you be, oh no.

Most of the cast that you meet on the streets speak of true love,
Most of the time they’re sittin’ and cryin’ at home.
One of these days they know they better get goin’
Out of the door and down on the streets all alone.

Truckin’, like the do-dah man. once told me you’ve got to play your hand
Sometimes your cards ain’t worth a dime, if you don’t lay’em down,

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.

What in the world ever became of sweet jane?
She lost her sparkle, you know she isn’t the same
Livin’ on reds, vitamin c, and cocaine,
All a friend can say is ain’t it a shame?

Truckin’, up to buffalo. been thinkin’, you got to mellow slow
Takes time, you pick a place to go, and just keep truckin’ on.

Sittin’ and starin’ out of the hotel window.
Got a tip they’re gonna kick the door in again
I’d like to get some sleep before I travel,
But if you got a warrant, I guess you’re gonna come in.

Busted, down on bourbon street, set up, like a bowlin’ pin.
Knocked down, it get’s to wearin’ thin. they just won’t let you be, oh no.

You’re sick of hangin’ around and you’d like to travel;
Get tired of travelin’ and you want to settle down.
I guess they can’t revoke your soul for tryin’,
Get out of the door and light out and look all around.

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.

Truckin’, I’m a goin’ home. whoa whoa baby, back where I belong,
Back home, sit down and patch my bones, and get back truckin’ on.
Hey now get back truckin’ home.

Re: Re: Re: Conflict & resolution_Everyone Welcome to Comment

Kathy,
I appreciate your detailed reponse. I complement you on your knowledge and your discipline in obtaining that knowledge. Besides just posting and interpreting dreams I would like more discussions on the related topics. A willingness to share experiences can be very helpful for others who seek that other Self. I hope you and others will add your thoughts and comments.
If there are no objections I will share an experience in my life having to do with the muse, and some observations and conclusions.

It is amazing how the muse touches and refurbishes the soul. Before I had satellite radio {came with the vehicle}I had become irritated with commerical radio and had stopped listening to a lot of music {late 60s to late 70s rock, most other music}. I noticed the difference in moods. Being the natural analytical type/extrovert {which has been a valuable asset in my Individuation} I tend to investigate such things and look for causes and reasons. I sooned tied the two together.
When I was in my 20s I spent all that energy on sports

Listing to the music reconneted me to that intuitive knowledge of Self Campbell's Wisdom Body of the muse. We know music touches the soul, just as being outdoors in nature does. It is a natural aspect of the human psyche. By exploring that aspect of the wisdom body I was better able to understand Campbell's and Jung's approach to that higher Self through a personal experience, which gave me a better understanding of the psyche, and psychology. I know now that the muse is vital for a truly balanced psyche and life, it gives energy to the life, reconnects to the metaphysical, spiritual self.

This is not entirely unique. We all have the ability to connect to those inherent psychic abilities. My belief is the closer you get to that gnosis the stonger those forces of nature expound themselves in the waking life. Jung and Campbell, and others who share that gnosis, have laid out a realizable approach to reaching those heights we seek in our personal lives. Dreams are a part of that approach. And so is spirituality.

Open for discussion.

Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Conflict & resolution_Everyone Welcome to Comment

Gerard,
Commercial radio is just that, commercial. I tired of the commercialism and corporate driven music many years past opting for discs. A few months ago I started making my own mixes utilizing an internet music service. At the time I was simply looking for more varied music I enjoy without the commercials. I’ve listened to this disc numerous times with nothing more than pure enjoyment of the music. Only one tune, What It’s Like by House of Pain w/Everlast, was chosen with direct meaning. I now ponder if there was an intuitive influence at work in choosing the music. And if so, what the other selections may convey at appropriate times.

When ego focused on the external world of social molding the connection dissolves blinding me to the deeper meaning in everyday living. When the direction is aligned with inner examination, living from inside, the self recognizes and reconnects to those forces which you speak. ‘Seek and you shall find’.

Society places emphasis on the external stimulus, external life, with attempts to debunk the internal stimulus, internal life. In seeking the internal I am finding dimensions I consciously did not know existed. I’m finding dreams, Nature, spirituality, and now the muse, are all interrelated facets of that inner self. It is that inner song of these, and countless as yet undiscovered others, moving in harmony that work to free me from an unfitting pursuit toward one of authentic living from the inside.

Regarding the current volume of dreams... I noticed several years ago my dream volume spikes at summer to fall transition and winter to spring transition. I attribute this personally to the cooler nights of fall and the excitement of springs approach inviting deeper and more restful sleep encouraging more dreams. I now believe there’s a deeper meaning connected with this cycle that compels me to further exploration. In my mind, in correlation to the cycle of life, death and rebirth summer to fall is midlife with winter to spring being the end of death (nothingness and all) into rebirth. I wonder if perhaps these two are linked in similarity of experience, and importance, in the cycle therefore the facets of inner self are more active. Cause for reflection.

Thanks,
K.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conflict & resolution_Everyone Welcome to Comment

Kathy,
Thanks for the reflections. If there is one thing that is required when seeking the inner voice, it is reflection. And just like looking in a mirror, you see the true Self.

Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conflict & resolution_Everyone Welcome to Comment

Gerard,
A partial text from Wilhelm's translation of the I Ching (16. Yü / Enthusiasm) follows:

"When, at the beginning of summer, thunder-- electrical energy--comes rushing forth from the earth again, and the first thunderstorm refreshes nature, a prolonged state of tension is resolved. Joy and relief make themselves felt. So too, music has power to ease tension within the heart and to loosen the grip of obscure emotions. The enthusiasm of the heart expresses itself involuntarily in a burst of song, in dance and rhythmic movement of the body. From immemorial times the inspiring effect of the invisible sound that moves all hearts, and draws them together, has mystified mankind.

Rulers have made use of this natural taste for music; they elevated and regulated it. Music was looked upon as something serious and holy, designed to purify the feelings of men. It fell to music to glorify the virtues of heroes and thus to construct a bridge to the world of the unseen."

Regards,
K

stats from 7-14-10 to the present