Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wandering in a beautiful garden.

Hi, I am new to this site. I just want to know my dream interpretation.

I had this dream more than once. I along with some people( I think its some of my family members & friends) is roaming in a garden. It is a garden with a theme park also. we enjoy the theme park. Then I alone go deep into the garden where I find a tiger and fight it out. The garden is well maintained and is beautiful. I haven't seen the place in my dream before but it had occured more than once.

Kindly help me to know the inner sense about it. Thank You.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 & India

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Wandering in a beautiful garden.

Ojovathi,
The deeper meaning of your dreams probably are addressing the deeper spiritual aspect of the psyche. The garden with the theme park may represent the waking layers, trying to be a spiritual/creative person but having to live by themes of the waking life that are counter to these positive spiritual aspects. To go deeper you may have to confront the inner conflicts over the outer life, fighting the tiger, to maintain that spiritual Self.

Are you confronting spiritual aspects in your life? Gardens are a main theme in both christian myths and Buddhist myths. If there is a choice Buddhism is the better alternative. If you are Hindu then there may be those cultural aspects that are counter to the feminine aspects associated with your spiritual life. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can find other possibilities to the dreams.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Wandering in a beautiful garden.

I first thank you for giving me interpretation.

Of late I am trying to be more spiritual and am trying to explore the inner truths. I realise some energy force within me that drives me more to explore. Even I have got my Gurus and godesses in my dreams revealing truths. I am an Hindu. I think you are correct as I have to fight external factors that confront my spiritual progress.But I do not know whether there any aspects that are counter to feminine aspects that hinder spiritual growth in me. Thank you.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Ojovathi,
The deeper meaning of your dreams probably are addressing the deeper spiritual aspect of the psyche. The garden with the theme park may represent the waking layers, trying to be a spiritual/creative person but having to live by themes of the waking life that are counter to these positive spiritual aspects. To go deeper you may have to confront the inner conflicts over the outer life, fighting the tiger, to maintain that spiritual Self.

Are you confronting spiritual aspects in your life? Gardens are a main theme in both christian myths and Buddhist myths. If there is a choice Buddhism is the better alternative. If you are Hindu then there may be those cultural aspects that are counter to the feminine aspects associated with your spiritual life. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can find other possibilities to the dreams.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Wandering in a beautiful garden.

Ojovathi,
Thanks for your follow-up post.
One critical area of Jungian philiosophy are of those unconscious aspects of the collective and individual psyche that are not realized. Often the expression of deeper emotions are hidden from the waking eye of the individual. One of the most debated is that of the feminine aspect, not only in the individual mind but also in the collective cultural psyche. This is what I was trying to put forth in my answer concerning the feminine aspects that hinder spiritual growth.

In Western religions it is the masculine that is dominant. God is masculine. Unfortunately with this attitude the feminine, to include women as a gender as well as the feminine psyche, is relegated to a lesser role. Women and the feminine psyche are inferior to the masculine. In Hinduism the same holds true even though Hinduism is not a 'patriarchal' system in the way Western religions are. Hinduism hides it bias towards women but even in the Vedas women are held as submissive to men. This is the point I wanted to make in addressing those cultural aspects that are counter to the feminine aspects. You may not consciously understand that these prejudices toward women are there but unconsciously you do. I suggest you take another look at this possibility in your search for inner truth. If the unconscious feminine is not acknowledged then the true spiritual self can not rightly express itself. Hindus are one of the most religiously oriented people on earth. But their treatment of women is deplorable. You may not see this on the surface but the psyche, which is feminine, does.

Here are a couple of websites that provide insights to the treatment of women in Hinduism.

Women in Hinduism

Chronic Hunger and the Status of Women in India

>

The role of the feminine psyche is properly displayed in the image of Kali. She is the destructive and creative aspect of God.

I don't wish to cast disparaging light on Hinduism. I think the religion is one of the most colorful and dynamic religions we have. But it is far from perfect. Its treatment of women is deplorable. Its treatment of the feminine psyche is better than the Western patriarchal systems but not by much.

Have you ever thought about converting to Buddhism? If I were to have to choose a spiritual philosophy it would be Buddhism. The histrorical Buddha is very much like the historical Jesus. Man becomes myth. But from the myths flows the message. And just as Jesus spoke in parables the dream speaks in metaphor, both of which speak of the soul. Literal interpretations are not the stuff of the soul, they are man made.

Good luck with your spiritual search.
twat twam asi,
Gerard

PS-The only other spiritual concept that I hold as true is Native American spirituality. The Great Mother is what gives and takes, and all things are related.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wandering in a beautiful garden.

Hello Sir, I am really glad and grateful for your replies.I thank you for your good regards over our religion.But I am sorry to note that you were greatly misled by some religious fanatics about the supressions that might have done to hindu women and Indian women in general.
Sir, kindly go through the page given below to undestand the place of women especially hindu women in India. This was one of the lecture by Swami Vivekanada one of the noted spiritualist of India given in 1900.If that was the case even during 1900 when India was troubled by poverty, slavery and ignorance on all fronts, culture being influenced by islamic invasions etc, kindly think in this modern era where women are in par with men, rights also guaranteed by law that includes absolute ownership to property also.
The complete web page of the site given below also may be useful to in your analysis of self and psyche. Sir, its my duty to let you know about the truth of our religion and hence this big reply. I would be grateful if you could able to go through the site below. Thanks again for your great effort.

http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/vivekananda/volume_8/vol_8_frame.htm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Ojovathi,
Thanks for your follow-up post.
One critical area of Jungian philiosophy are of those unconscious aspects of the collective and individual psyche that are not realized. Often the expression of deeper emotions are hidden from the waking eye of the individual. One of the most debated is that of the feminine aspect, not only in the individual mind but also in the collective cultural psyche. This is what I was trying to put forth in my answer concerning the feminine aspects that hinder spiritual growth.

In Western religions it is the masculine that is dominant. God is masculine. Unfortunately with this attitude the feminine, to include women as a gender as well as the feminine psyche, is relegated to a lesser role. Women and the feminine psyche are inferior to the masculine. In Hinduism the same holds true even though Hinduism is not a 'patriarchal' system in the way Western religions are. Hinduism hides it bias towards women but even in the Vedas women are held as submissive to men. This is the point I wanted to make in addressing those cultural aspects that are counter to the feminine aspects. You may not consciously understand that these prejudices toward women are there but unconsciously you do. I suggest you take another look at this possibility in your search for inner truth. If the unconscious feminine is not acknowledged then the true spiritual self can not rightly express itself. Hindus are one of the most religiously oriented people on earth. But their treatment of women is deplorable. You may not see this on the surface but the psyche, which is feminine, does.

Here are a couple of websites that provide insights to the treatment of women in Hinduism.

Women in Hinduism

Chronic Hunger and the Status of Women in India

>

The role of the feminine psyche is properly displayed in the image of Kali. She is the destructive and creative aspect of God.

I don't wish to cast disparaging light on Hinduism. I think the religion is one of the most colorful and dynamic religions we have. But it is far from perfect. Its treatment of women is deplorable. Its treatment of the feminine psyche is better than the Western patriarchal systems but not by much.

Have you ever thought about converting to Buddhism? If I were to have to choose a spiritual philosophy it would be Buddhism. The histrorical Buddha is very much like the historical Jesus. Man becomes myth. But from the myths flows the message. And just as Jesus spoke in parables the dream speaks in metaphor, both of which speak of the soul. Literal interpretations are not the stuff of the soul, they are man made.

Good luck with your spiritual search.
twat twam asi,
Gerard

PS-The only other spiritual concept that I hold as true is Native American spirituality. The Great Mother is what gives and takes, and all things are related.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wandering in a beautiful garden.

Ojovathi,
As I said in my last post, I believe Hinduism is a very dynamic religion. Hindus are some of the most religious people on earth. And I respect your religious beliefs. But Hindu women are not treated with respect as they should. This is part of the religious history and dogma just as it is in Judiaism, Islam and to some extent Christianity.

But I don't wish to make this a forum for such discussions. Religion and spirituality are two different things. Jungian dream psychology is concerned with the spiritual aspect. The religious aspect is up to the individual. The feminine is what I try to address in interpreting dreams. And sometimes I may offer suggestions about religion. But the intention is to help not hender. Gurus, spiritual teachers are needed but when they become the focus then they become the subject. Just as with Jesus, all too often the focus is on the messenger and not the message. The psyche holds secrets to the message. The messenger is an individual choice.

Thanks for your post and I hope you find that spiritual center you are seeking.
twat twam asi,
Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wandering in a beautiful garden.

Thank You very much for your wishes. I thought of mailing my reply to you in an independent mail to you. But sorry for the trouble.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wandering in a beautiful garden.

Ojovathi,
You are no bother. And please do come back if you have other dreams you need help with. No matter the religion or belief, we are all brothers and sisters. Whether it be Ganesha, Jesus, the Buddha, Zororaster or "An it harm none, do as ye will" of Wicca, if the life is lived with love and respect for all others, and with nature, we've done all we can to be that spiritual person.

Twat twam asi,

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present