Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream Interpretation

Dear whoever is out there:

Background story--
part 1: I am considering pursuing a relationship with my EX best-friend's ex boyfriend. Thing is she's been madly "in love" with him for 5 years, and she still is. But he wants nothing to do with her. I usually follow my heart but I don't know which way to go in this case, should i not get involved with him and hurt him? Or get involved and hurt her, leaving my conscience bruised?

part 2: my best friend [gabriela] is in spain and she just lost her dog.

phew!

dream:
for some reason, I'm in spain with my best friend [gabriela] and my dog [spencer] is there but he's her dog and he looks totally different. As the dream progresses, Spencer gets huge, and starts to look like one of those chinese dragon costumes and he runs away. At the end of the dream, we run after him and i tell gabriela that we need to find him but she gives up. I'm left looking down a street with lots of trees and no spencer in sight.

Okay so I've read that dogs can symbolize fidelity and death of a dog can symbolize loss of a friend... can anyone help me out here???

All responses greatly appreciated.

-Unfaithful

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, NYC USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Dream Interpretation

Unfaithful,
Thanks for the background to your waking experiences. It provides needed insights to the possibilities of the dream. It also indicates a maturity beyond normal 16 year olds. That maturity may have to do with intuitive insights as well.

The dream is corresponding to the events in your waking life and the decisions that must be made. The dog, masculine, is the male ex-boyfriend. He belongs to you, yet he also belongs to Gabriela. His becoming hugh is what he has become in your life. His turning into a 'chinese' dragon costume may signify what the whole situation has turned into; confrontation that will cause conflict in your life. It also may signify deeper intuitive knowledge. I've accented the Chinese aspect of the dragon because this type of dragon is usually seen as positive. In Western cultures it is often seen as negative. The difference could be important. The costume part also may have significance. I will address these later.

In the end both you and Gabriel are looking for the masculine. She gives up and you can't see it/him.

The Chinese Dragon Costume
Gabriela is perhaps symbolic of your ex-girlfriend but also represents another aspect of your own psyche. Chinese dragons are usually positive and if the masculine aspect is in costume then perhaps you are unconsciously disgusing deeper knowledge that is intuitive. Both you and Gabriela are looking for the masculine. One has given up, the other can not see it. But the street is lined with trees.
This suggests that perhaps deep down you know what is the best thing to do. On the surface you want to be with the guy but the damage it will cause may be more than it is worth. This is not just because of the feelings of Gabriela but more likley due to what is the right thing to do. That is the decision that needs to be made.

At 16 you are still very young with many more love experiences to come. It is a long 'street' to travel and the best part is in front of you {trees symbolize growth}. You probably possess developed intuitive instincts that provides value info {unconscious} about you and your life, if you will listen to it. That intuitive self involves more than just the ego waking life, it goes to the deeper foundations.

Perhaps with so many years of life and living before you, you should focus on what is 'right' and not so much on what you want in the moment. Deep down you probably have weighted those consequences. It is not so much that Gabriela will be hurt but more so the youthful decisions you make should not limit your future. There are so many 'streets' in your life to travel that are lined with lots of trees. Spenser is not seeable in the street in your dream. Perhaps this is prognostic of the future. Don't 'disguise' youthful feelings for what the future has to offer. Go with the deeper knowledge, listen to the soul's advice.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Dream Interpretation

I think the dog in your dream symbolize loyalty, friendship, this is what is lost between you and your friend. For your unconscious a friendship is something that has more weight than a guy. A dragon associated with a dog is the assurance of the meaning of the dog's figure, but need more time to explain this.
good luck

Marie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Re: Re: Dream Interpretation

You guys have been so helpful. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time and energy to interpret my dream. You've helped me so much and now I have a better feeling of what i must do.

A thousand thank yous.

-unfaithful

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, NYC USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present