Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sinking Sailboat

A friend of mine and I were walking around at night in a neighborhood that I didn't recognize. Then we were walking up a driveway, but I didn't seem to take notice of what house we were in front of. But on the driveway there was a boat, more like a sailboat, and it sank into the pavement. This worried me a little bit, almost like I felt like I was in trouble, I guess. There was something on the driveway where the boat just was, I'm not sure what it was but it looked like some sort of metal plumbing that went underneath the cement. At this moment my dream had become lucid, started hovering and I noticed my friend disappeared and there was a man across the street, but I couldn't see who it was or any features. He was just looking at me and it I felt I should get away from him. Then the environment around me was quickly moving and the man was toward me. Right before what would have been a collision I darted upwards. I looked up with my actual eyes to fly, and in my panicked state I unintentionally woke myself forcing my eyelids open. This was my first and so far only lucid dream I've ever had.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 Southern California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Sinking Sailboat

Felicia,
Let's approach your dream in this way. Look at the house as being you. The friend may represent an aspect of yourself that serves you, a defence mechanism. The driveway leads up to the house, to who you really are. When you look at yourself you realize things about you that you were unaware of, perhaps aspects that you have repressed.

The boat may represent ceratin emotions and or experiences. Something that may have taken the sail out of you, something strong that has sunk into the core of who you are. The metal plumbing underneath the cement is the unconscious aspects that underlye your true feelings/experiences. Perhaps you have not acknowledged these aspects as you should have.

When you begin to hover over the dream self you are dream conscious, you want to take control and you begin to see these aspects that were hidden underneath the concrete foundation. The plumbing underneath, the emotional strenght/friend has disppeared.

The man may be symbolic of your masculine self {see anima/animus at left}. It could also represent some experience with a male in your waking life. As the masculine self it would represent a loss of those masculine qualities that had provided the strenght that has been lost {friend disapperaing}. Something has caused you lose the confidence {a masculine trait} that substained you previously.
If there is a male in your life that the dream is trying to discern then he may have something to do with this loss of confidence. It may involve some conflict in your life having to do with this male. By unintentionally waking yourself before the collision you nay be repressing something about the relationship with this male.

Is there a male living across the stree that you have conflict with? Or is it merely a symbolic statement about inner conflict? Look at your waking life and see where there are such conflicts, a loss of confidence, perhaps conflicts with an actual male. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can see deeper into the dream message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Sinking Sailboat

That's insane, I had that dream a few months ago, when I was dating my ex. I was contemplating breaking up with him at the time, and I did later that week, it turned out he was cheating on me. The funny thing was, is that after finding out, I felt like I was denying it to myself for a long time. That was amazing! That feels like it fits the situation very well. That was awesome! Thank you!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 Ca

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: Re: Sinking Sailboat

Felicia,
I appreciate your follow-up response. The Dream Forum is a learning place for those who have an interest in dreams and follow-up posts to the interpretations provide value learning experiences.

It seems that the masculine in this dream was indeed symbolic of both aspects, the personal inner masculine and an actual male in your waking life. Now that you realize the relationship I hope you are able to carry on and regain your inner masculine confidence.
As for the outer masculine, the male in your life. His cheating heart told on him.

Thanks again for the follow-up. It proves once again that Jung's approach to dreams has great merit.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Sinking Sailboat

Please forgive my grammar in my interpretation. I normally proofread my posts atleast a couple of times. Guess I forgot to do that with this post.
Sorry

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present