Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my mother and i

i was driving around in a car with my mother, her gm(my mentor), the Manging director(MD) of the company and two other people. I use to be a manager with this company and i still have a good relationship with them. We stopped to check out a building(pastel blue) and the company name was on the building and none of us ever remembered the company having an office in that building. Then the MD remembered it was a place for storing files. On the way back to the car there was alot of mud and sludge in the parking lot, i was able to jump onto the clear spots to get to the car. While i was sitting in the car my mother arrived at the car but she had mud on her shoes. We had to give her a cloth to clean her shoes which delayed us leaving. I was looking at her, the expression on my face was amazement, i was not too pleased but i was not angry either. The car was navy blue.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: my mother and i

Janine,
It looks as if you searching for something with this dream. Your mother and grandmother may represent some higher inner aspects you are searching for, something that will help 'manage' your life.

Checking out the building probably symbolizes checking out your entire self. The pastel blue is a positive color {see colors in Dream Dictionary}. The thing that you are looking for may be something that you have not acknowledged previously, something within that is unfamiliar {not remembering the company having an office in that building}, or perhaps an aspect that has not yet been realized. You have stored these aspects away, perhaps have forgotten this aspect of yourself.

These hidden 'files' may contain aspects that are muddied, not clear, or perhaps not clear enough before now that you thought important. It may ahve to do with your mother, or could be to do with that higher aspect within, or both. The iner aspect may have to do with reconnecting to the grounding for which the inner Self needs for wholeness. When you look inward you see a cleaning is required, some part of you at least.

Two aspects this dream may be trying to communicate. One is that inward search, perhaps to do with the spiritual search. The other may have too do with your relationship with your mother. Has it been muddied in the past? You may have made attempts to reconcile this recently.

Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can find more to what the dream is trying to communicate.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: my mother and i

Gerard,
As usual you are so on the money. That is what i felt and you confirmed it for me. I knew it had to do with my relationship with my mother, which is muddied and which i am trying to reconcile. I am trying to come to terms with the reality of who she is, the aspects of her i do not wish to carry on im life and too let go of judgement of her.

I had not gotten the part of looking for the higher parts of my spiritual self. But that is also part of the journey that i am in right now, so you are right. There is an aspect of my higher self that i am trying to reconnect with right now.
Thanks as always.
Janine

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: Re: my mother and i

Janine,
Often it is difficult to discern what the mother may symbolize in a dream. What made me believe the dream was trying to address the relationship with your mother was the mud on her shoes. The higher aspect was less evident but your mentioning your grandmotehr as your mentor left me with the impression that the spiritual aspect was also trying to be addresses. The grandmother would be your higher Self.

Jung's approach to dreams are beyond reproach, at least in my humble opinion. We have to give the credit to his superior thinking when we look at the dream, and are able to see what the dream wishes to convey.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: my mother and i

Hi Jainine, Gerald
The building may stand for her father, the mud is a symbol of the underworl. She is indeed trying to reconcile with her mother from her own dad's daughter position (i.e. the company is a men's world, dad's world) Anymus? Reconcile with her mother... I'm trying to do the same thing with mine, and I tell you, a building is not the right place; mother needs extensions to be in a good mood. Can't say anything elese since apparently I'm in the same situation, only from a boy's point of view. The presence of grandmother is interesting; appealing to grandma to approach mother is a common thing in symbology: this I think is a happy thing.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Caracas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: my mother and i

This dream has gotten more hits than any other. Mostly because it is featured on the front page at MDS. It provides insights not only to the personal aspect of the relationship with the dreamer's mother but also the higher spiritual aspect. Jung states that all dreams have at least two interpretations. I find this to be true with dreams posted at the Forum, at least in the dreams of older adults. Younger people's dreams most likely address more than one issue but it is sometimes harder to discern exactly what aspects beyond their present condition that would be.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present