Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Imprisoned

Hi,
I need some help with analysing a certain dream :

I'm in a cell with bars in front of me. There's no bed or anything else. It's really frustrating being there, I'm sad, angry, I just don't want to be locked up like that. On the other side of the bars, there is a guy (I know him in real life too). It surprises me, I didn't expect him coming to me (if this dream was reality, I wouldn't expect him either, I would rather expect one of my best friends or family). He holds a book, it looks like a book of fairy tales (I can see roses on the back), but in the dream I think it's a story I wrote (I wrote this story in real life). He wants to read it to me.
I can't remember anymore what happens next, but I do remember the last scene before I woke up :
We're standing really close, with only the bars between us, looking each other in the eye (like a in romantic scene).

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Imprisoned

Hi Anne,
Looking at your dream my first question is what part of your life do you feel locked up and isolated? Also the emotions of sad and angry are important. Where have those emotions appeared recently in your waking life?

The 'other side' could very well be symbolic of your waking life. Is there a guy in your life, or have you wished there were? If you were older I would look more to the inner aspects of the masculine {see anima/animus at left} in the dream. But at your age such symbols more often are trying to address adolescent concerns {sweet 16 and the heart}. Perhaps you have not met the right guy, thus the images of someone other than you would expect. There are still the bars separating you and he. Also the book of fairy tales suggests something to do with the heart. If you were to write your own love story, who would be there to read it to you?

Let me know your thoughts about my interpretation. Perhaps we can learn more from your reply that will give insights to the dream message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re:Re: Imprisoned

I've indeed been experiencing those emotions in my love life lately, I feel somewhat stuck. The guy on the other side is the guy in my life, but he hasn't made his feelings clear, nor has he been willing to talk about it. I don't believe there's gonna happen much anymore, and that is also why I don't expect him, I feel like standing alone, only being able to fall back on close friends or family. In fact, I've had other dreams in which I face problems that seem insurmountable and when I'm about to give up, he shows up with some kind of help or as if he was part of the solution. But I don't see how I could best translate this to real life. The story he wants to read to me is the one I'm working on right now (one of my hobbies is writing), so it's not yet finished. It's actually an adventurous story, but in the dream I've got the feeling he wants to focus on nothing else but the love story line in that particular story. The roses on the back of the book also resemble the frame of a site with tips for writing romance. Could these details give further clues about the dream message ?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re:Re: Imprisoned

Anne,
The part of your dream where your problems seem insurmountable and the guy shows up with help may be
referring to the masculine qualities your possess. Perhaps the dream is trying to pursuade you to be more adventerous in how you approach the situations in your waking life. The guy represents your masculine qualities. Insetad of just focusing on those feminine qualities {which are most important} you may need to put your masculine qualities to better use. Since the roses are on the back of the book, it may represent those qualities are in the back of the conscious mind. Roses blossom, and perhaps you will too if you heed the dream.

On a different matter, I think it is great that you are so involved in writting at such an early age. Dreams not only offer up suggests that may enhance your waking life but also will provide unconscious advice about the creative self. Jung hypothesized that the person who realizes their creative self will indeed blossom into a well balanced individual. Perhaps this is as much a statement your dream is trying to make as anything else. The book is unfinished. Is it time to put more energy into finishing it?
Good luck with the book , and the adventure.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present