Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bitten - bites

I've had three dreams of being bitten in the last week. the first was frightening: a creature appeared in the corner of my room and came over to me in my bed and bit into my wrist. i couldn't move to stop him. The second was erotic, i was being bitten by a vampiric lover and enjoyed it very much. he bit my wrist and throat and i hoped he would "turn" me so that i could enjoy it forever. in the third, my good male friend and i were running around as all of the people around us were turning into vampires and biting everyone who wasn't -- there were some who were hiding their bites so they wouldn't have to leave the company of those who hadnt been bitten yet. it seemed inevitible that everyone would evenutally be "infected." My male friend and i were having sex everywhere even though it was so dangerous, then we managed an escape. we were fighting them off everywhere.

It seems like a theme but with different angles. what is the act of biting in dreams?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 San Francisco

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Bitten - bites

jnr8rx,
In all 3 dreams there was a male involved. The dream may be addressing some waking life experience involving a male{s}, or the dream may be addressing some masculine aspect within your psyche {see Anima/Animus at left column}.

I get the impression the dream may be addressing some sexual attitude, especially since there is that masculine aspect in all 3 dreams. And the mention of sex in several instances within the dreams. One dream has erotic conotations. Vampires can symbolize seduction. Dreams of sex often are straightfoward and can be addressing sexual attitudes or situations. The wrist and throat often symbolizes flexibilty/inflexibility. Being biten, or infected may suggest a desire, or fear of some thing that invades your whole being. There is also that feeling of danger, perhaps indicating a need to be more careful or a feeling of vulnerability.

Look at your attitudes about sex. Also look back at the last several days prior to the dream and see where sex may have a bearing. The dreams may be addressing real waking life experiences and also personal masculine aspects concerning those waking attitudes. Let me know your thoughst and perhaps we can get to the 'sex' of the dreams.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks for your reply. i definately resonnate with the rising of my animus. I have been "followed" by images of a masculine ideal lately.

The day after the second dream i had an unexpected sexual encounter with a male friend of mine. We've been good friends for 7 years. It triggered massive amounts of insecurity. It is also only 1 month after my male partner and I broke up. we lived together for about three years.

I am experiencing a great deal of anxiety around issues of nurturing and trust.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 - SF, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

JH,
There it is. The insecurity you feel over the sexual encounter is probably addressing some deeper attitudes you have. You may need to look deeper into why you have these insecurities. Childhood is a good place to start.

Thanks for the follow-up. If you have other insights please post them. We learn from each post.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present