Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two parties - one in beautiful ocation & one in a quite grim location!

Last nights dream (20/9/05)

I am invited to 2 parties. One at my friend, Steve's. Although in real life Steve lives in a beautiful house in the country, the house in the dream does not look like his. I open the door to the rear of the house and there is a vast expanse of verdant velvet lawn, actually itis a meadow, but with the quality of a lawn. So flat, so perfect, shining golden in the sunlight. He has asked me to park my car down the right hand side of the house, between a wall and the house. My boyfriend also attends the party.

Meanwhile, my friend Julia has been invited to another party, as have I. (In real life we are a large group of friends and attend/hold a lot of social functions together anyway). I reluctantly agree to go and drive up to the other house in my car. I am reluctant to go to this party, I want to go back to the other one. I go onside the house. It is gloomy, grimy, I can almost feel the damp, dirty, unkempt environment. I turn first left off the hal into the sitting room. The people there are sat around the perimeter of a medium sized sitting room on delapidated sofas. I am aware of a bay wondow to my right, but am not aware of any view/impression of it other than that. The door to the room is to my left. Nobody speaks, everyone seems boring/miserable. I want to leave. I do not even know who the host of this party is.

Someone brings in some large round pizzas, with melting cheese on them. I don't like pizza (actually I do like pizza but only the handmade ones my Sicialian friend makes as other pizzas are yucky!).

Anyway, I just don't want to be there, I want to go to Steves and join my boyfriend there and have a good time as this place is horrible.

Then I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Two parties - one in beautiful ocation & one in a quite grim location!

Anyone have any insight into this dream? Appears to me that it is saying that I do not wish to remain in situation that I am in (stagnation/stasis) and that new/abundant pastures await. Sun shining - golden opportunities/homophone -sun/son? Yucky situation versus growth potential?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

s,
I will take a look at the dream later and give an interpretation. Sorry if I overlooked it. I blame it all on local officals {Brownie's reply to Katrina catastrophy}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

s,
You are correct, the dream is pointing to the two alternatives in your life. I'll look deeper into the dream in the morning {when I seem to have a better grasp for dreams} to see what evidence if any the dream may be trying to communicate.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you Gerard.

s,
Looking at the two dreams I see that there does seem to be two choices in your life at the present moment. What strikes me is that Steve's party, the one that has the beautiful house with velvet lawn is masculine. The other party which is hosted by Julia is damp, dirty and unkept. She is the feminine. You initially resist going there.

When I look at the parties and landscape of the two opposing scenarios I see a resistance to accept the
seemingly negative qualities of the feminine and instead accepting those of the masculine. Ths masculine house {aspect} may seem more accomodating but is at it the risk of sacrificing those feminine qualities?

In your earlier posts you gave the circumstances surrounding your life and the conflicts that accompany them. Perhaps the dream is trying to tell you that the masculine house from which you approach the conflicts in your life seem to be greater and better than those of the the neglected feminine {damp, dirty and unkept}. Perhaps this is because you have neglected the feminine side of your psyche. Instead of compromise and/or a less confrontation approach you have chosen/been forced to use confrontation instead {a masculine aspect}.

At Steve's party you are requested to park your car {the direction you are forced to take in your life} on the right hand side, between a wall and the house {the house is you and the wall is a barrier}. I first think of the right hand side as that of a masculine dominated approach, that which is opposite of the hero/heroine path {life's adventerous path, the correct the chosen path of the hero}. The wall may be that barrier that keeps you from the true self {which is the ultimate quest of the hero- finding the inner Holy Grail}.

In the dream Poop he is sitting in a comfortable chair. This is a metaphor for his position in life referring to his job. In Julia's house the sofa's are delapidated. You are aware of ten bay window {an openning to seeing the unconscious contents} but are not aware of the 'other' view {the feminine approach}. Because there is a lack of the feminine in your life you no longer know who you really are {unknown host}.

Pizzas are round. Anything round represents wholeness, the ultimate place we seek in life. You have preferences when it comes to your pizza, Sicilian and hand made. Perhaps your handmade approach to life is too masculine {when I think of Sicilian I think of mafia a stero-type I know}. Force is the only way they know how to resolve their conflicts.

The use of force to resolve conflicts may seem the best approach but is it at the loss of the feminine aspects? Perhaps the dream is trying to inform you that you have rejected those vital feminine qualities. Those qualities provide a balance, where you have the ability to resolve conflicts through inherent, intuitive thinking instead of the nmasculine aggressive approach. I know you have to be aggressive in many areas of your life but have you become too dependent on this style that the quieter, more responsible approach of the feminine has been neglected?

One other thing that the aggressive masculine approach offers. Stress and possible ill health. Thta alone is enough to make you doctor insist that you let go of some of your stressful lifestyle.

Gerard

Hi Gerard

Thank you for your insight.

I too thought that this dream represented an imbalance of masculine/feminine in the way that you have described.

Whilst I have not 'chosen' this mode, it has rather been forced upon me by circumstance, I do prefer the intuitive/gentle and natural way of living that I once shared with my son.

The androcratic and unempathic legal system has a surreal, perverse quality - that akin to Alice in Wonderland. The 'off with their heads' irrationality pervades English family Law as is does other strata of the 'system'.

The gentle and intuitive approach will not work with the system. One is criminalised for seeking justice in the family courts. Secrecy laws mute everyone who endeavours to seek redress, with prison sentences handed out on a whim, if anyone should dare to even navigate the straits of the system, let alone challenge it. The general public are unaware of this - the secrecy laws emsure that no information is conveyed to third parties. Save for the occasional media story, the masses know nothing of that which occurs right under their noses.

Transparency i.e. public courts, would not provide a remedy. The US family courts are public and are no better from what I hear.

I could turn this posting into a polemic about the fascist ideology that is upon us, but I will stop at dream interpretation!

With regard to the pizza. Sicilian = Mafia stereotype. Maybe, Sicily also equals - verdant island, quality of life, care, nurturing. When I think of Sicily (which I have never visited) I think of peace, calm, maritime air, safety, lemon groves, lovely food, beautiful vistas, green countryside. Yes, its just an idealists idyll, but it conjures a lovely image. My pizza making friend is a work colleague of my boyfriend. He also supplies us with olive oil from his fathers olive grove.

I also recognised the round pizza as a feminine sign. The Sicilian pizzas that my friend makes ar home are made in oblong trays, not round. AND, I really do hate pizzas generally, except for the Sicilians.

I can see it now: ' Your dream pizza is here. Jungian Pizza Parlour - toppings include a variety of neuroses, to eat in or take out'.

Maybe I would just like my ex elimiated and made into pizza topping. Who kmows?

Another interpertation I considered was this.

The situation in which I reluctantly find myself is grim, unwanted (the grimy house). The situation at Steve's is not AT his house, I pass through his house, unimpeded, to the other side and out the back door, passing my boyfriend on the way, who seems unbothered by my departure.

The view is beautiful, a great freedom of spirit and movement. I feel as if this is positive.

I think that in PASSING THROUGH the house, without noting any detail, save for that it apears to be of the same period as the other house - Victrian, red brick, detached, then this may mean TRANSCENDING masculine oppression, rather than conceding to it. Going my own way, so to speak.

My feminine qualities are being oppressed by the system in spiritual and actual terms - my son is not with me, he is with his abuser. In not kow towing to the dicta of anyone and just leaving with my son (sun shining on meadow) - that way lies happiness.

Remining in situ (feminine denied/grim house) there can be no posisve outcome, only sorow and loss. Delapidation is taht which occurs with neglect/abuse. If one does not keep ones house in order, one could be seen to be in a state of delapidation oneself. The house is not mine - it is an unknown hosts - a situation/environment which is detrimental to my wellbeing.

What do you think?

And another thing ...

At the grim house, I recall a man whom I know sitting in front of me across the room, staring at me.

He is someone whom isknown to me (in waking life)and who I do not like at all, for very god reason. As I left the room, he stared at me intensely, as if attempting to intimidate me, but also he knew that I knew something about him which was not good.

Re: Re: Two parties - one in beautiful ocation & one in a quite grim location!

s,
This male is probably a reflection of those masculine qualities that you are forced to demonstrate in your waking life. You hate this part of yourself. It is opposite of who you really want to be.

Gerard

Re: Re: Two parties - one in beautiful ocation & one in a quite grim location!

s,
I think you are discovering the true you. The question is what can you do about it? Perhaps by changing those things you can so that those inherent feminine qualities can be expressed in your waking life is the first step. If you let those masculine traits obscure the inherent feminine you lose on all accounts. Perhaps by seek other ways to confront those waking negative forces you will discover there are helping hands that come from being your true self.
That is the whole premsis of the hero path.
Gerard

Thank you Gerard.

Could do with some tranquility - but I will only get that once I have my son safely with me. Call it deferred gtatification, if you will.

I cannot live a lie, a lie that has been imposed on me by liars/criminals.

I am extremely tenacious, but this situation has taken the wind out of my sails. Have done fright and fight, now its time for flight!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present