Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chronology of Hurricane Katrina & Rita

For those interested in my postings on Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and my 'perceived'
intuitive impressions, here is a chronology of the posts. Click on the links in red to see post{s}. Each post has something to do with my 'perceived 'intuitive
impressions.

August 31 Katrina
Sept. 1 Hurricane Risks to New Orleans
Sept. 15 Nines
Sept. 18 Tropical Depression 18 {9}

The Nines post involves only the first two parts. Pay attention to my original statment in that post Something's up! .
This was a couple of days prior to Rita becoming a tropical depression. It was from a very strong 'intuitive sensing' of something that was yet to occur, something on the order of what I thought at the time to be of a possible future monumental event.
There is also a sense of something to come prior to Rita in the last part of Hurricane Risks to New Orleans.
The senses thinks there is more?
Σεπτέμβριος

If these intuitive feelings are correct then I expect one other event to occur within the near future. The nines rule, and they come in 3s. Nine is the number of the Goddess, the feminine, the
Great Mother

This we know: The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth. This we know.

All things are connected like the blood which unites one family. All things are connected.

Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth.

Man did not weave the web of life: he is merely a strand in it.

Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.

Even the white man, whose God walks and talks with him as friend to friend, cannot be exempt from the common destiny.

We may be brothers after all.

We shall see.
Chief Seattle

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Secrets of the Number 9

In his many years of mythological studieds Joseph Campbell continually came across the number 432 in various catagories and forms {432,000, etc.}. This number was seen in different cultures throughout history, the only relationship being an innate commonality within the mind. Campbell explained this phenomenon as a 'collective' archetype, an inherent aspect within the human psyche, as well as nature as a whole. The following is a composition of various aspects and forms the number 432 takes, and the effects it has in our everyday lives.

Of course when you add the total of 432 you get the number nine. Therein lies the secret, the number nine, the Goddess, the number of the universe. Here are some secrets of the number nine with links to John Lennon's number 9 and other links to do with nine.

Secrets of the Number Nine

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: The Primitive Mind and Nine

Jung's archetypes are described as
self-portraits of the instincts. The instinctive forces and instinctive strategies or ways of behaving. It is in our dreams that we see these instinctive forces reflected in symbols and metaphors, expressing our complexes and emotions. So when I use the nines as reference to my metaphysical beliefs, I do so believing that patterns of nature are all inter-connected. What is true at one level is also true at all levels. In dreams numbers often have specific meaning. So when I see the number 9 or a combination of numbers that equal nine, I have guidance to possibilities the metaphors. Nine holds the highest degree of knowing and dreams often reflect that. From my experience in interpreting dreams the occurance of nines almost always proves this to be accurate.

When I get into the metaphysical aspects such as the topic of events that have occured recently with hurricanes, I look to the environment and nature to help discern the possibilities. I have 'sensed' things that I can not explain, events of great magnitude and of great energy. I am not forsaking science to prove something, science and physics often collaborate the 'so-called' metaphysics of my beliefs.
As I have said many times this is not original, we all have access to the 'gnosis' of the archetypes, it is inherent.

Here is a link that discusses the ANCIENT GEMATRIAN NUMBERS. What I am experiencing has roots in the ancient mind and you can see the evidence of those ancients that give credibility to the possibilities. These ancient codes are predicated on the number nine.

There are many other instances of how the equivelent numbers of nine are significant in the sciences {the physics, and metaphysics} throughout history. Simply by Googling the number nine you will be amazed at the connections you will discover.

Gerard

Re: Tropical Depression 24 / Wilma

Today NOAA posted Tropical Depression TWENTY-FOUR which if formed will become Hurricane Wilma. CNN news reported that this tropical depression may form into a hurricane and threaten the US by sometime next week. Below is a link to NOAA and the projected formation and path of this storm.

NOAA
Coastal Watches/Warnings and 5-Day Cone

Sixes still rule. Nine has been constant but began to strenghten in the past couple of days. We shall see if there is any relevance to Katrina and Rita, the last two hurricanes to hit the US. My overall impressions in the past two months is this will be the third. See my post Tropical Depression 18 {9}. Scroll down to the post of Sep 22nd, 2005 - 5:23 PM. a list of 2005 Hurricane Names.

Gerard

Re: Chronology of Hurricane Katrina & Rita

Possibly related to this thread. Found the following while surfing today…

An excerpt from a Sunday October 16 Washington Post article “Donations Slowing as Disasters Mount Worldwide” follows:
font color="#c99990" Rowe said that U.N. agencies have faced a growing number of natural disasters over the past 15 years. He cited a study by the German insurance company Munich Re that documents a nearly threefold increase in natural disasters from the 1960s to the 1990s.

Link to Munich Re site with Climate Change information follows. The deeper information is located thru the Content and Related topics sections to the right on each of the Climate Change and Insurance pages.

Munich Re

From the Munich RE home page select:

Topics & Solutions, then Georisks, then Climate Change and Insurance

Link to a Jan 04 Bloomberg article referencing the Munich Re study:

Munich Re Expects World Weather Damage to Rise ‘Exponentially”

Regards,
K.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central Oh

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kathy,
I believe the conditions of the planet definitely has something to do with my posts. The Gia Principle states that the earth is a self-sustaining organism within itself, capable of healing the wounds inflicted upon her under normal circumstances. But what the planet is facing today with the onslaught of man's relentless pollution is unsubstainable. So the planet, the Great Mother is naturally doing what she is given to do. When the planet heats up so do the oceans. And we know that this produces more hurricanes as well as more violent storms.

But my questions is, and I asking myself in these posts, does the planet communicate her distress to our human psyche? As in the movie Star Wars where Obi-Wan Kenobi made his famous quote:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

is there a connection between the collective psyche of the planet to that of the human psyche? Jung's theory of the dream and psyche is based on this collective consciousness.

I am not one to believe in strange phenomenon, most can be explained by simple reason and/or deduction. But having studied Jung and Campbell and using their scientific approach to the subject of mysticism, there are those possibilities that can not be explained. And they can be found in all cultures thoroughout history. Of course the biggest question that can not be answered is that of God. And all the world has some concept of God. But no one knows for sure what God is, or if there is such a thing.

The ultimate mystery og being is beyond all catagories of thought. As Kant said, the thing itself is no thing. It thranscends thingness, it goes past anything that could be thought. The best things can't be told because they transcend thought. The second best are misunderstood, because those are the thoughts that are supposed to refer to that which can not be thought about. The third best is what we talk about.

Joseph Campbell....page 49 The Power of Myth

Campbell spoke often of the many instances in his studies of finding the number 9, and other related numbers such as 432. This is very speculative stuff I know but when it invades my normal life on an unexplainable scale, I have to give some real thought to the possibilities. Hindusim and Buddhism treats the nuber 432,000 with much emphasis. And with the relationship of 432 to so many natural events I find myself in accord with many possibilities that speak to why this number swells up in my onw psyche when the Great Mother is in pain. I begin to believe that the connectiveness of nature is indeed available to the human senses.

And not to overlook the two previous major hurricanes {Katrina and Rita} and the associations to the number 9. Although Katrina was the 12th numbered storm of the 2005 Hurricane season, 12 is a variation of 6 which is what i consider the shadow number for 9.
Rita was classified by NOAA as tropical depression 18. Not only is 18 double the number 9 it is also a variable of the number 6, as is 12. And somewhere in one of my posts I stated how the number 6 was strong in my psyche. Now we have hurricane Wilma orginally catagorized as Tropical Depresssion 24 stewing in the Gulf. And there is my post Tropical Depression 18 {9} where I listed the numbered storms for 2005 and highlited Katrina, Riat and Wilma.

Let me say I am thinking out loud about all these possibilities. As long as I have been studying dreams, the metaphysical possibilities are still relatively new to me. At least in the way I have encountered the strong presence of alert having to do with these storms and as they relate to the collective psyche. If Wilma does become a major hurricane as were Katrina and Rita then the possibilities in my mind as to the Great Mother crying out and touching the collective psyche {which consists of all the individual psyche} will become a real probability. At leats in my mind's eye.

One more note to add that in itself may seem even stranger. As I have stated more than once in these posts, I consider George W. Bush as the anti-christ to te environment. His environmental policies have gutted all the good things we have put in place to protect our planet from man's onslaught {and those have been inadequate at best}. As one who believes strongly in the addage 'what goes around, comes around', Mother Nature has done a job on GW. It was his actions, or should I say inactions, after Katrina hit that Americans began to see through his shallow persona and has now got his popularity at its lowest since being in office {38-39% deending on the poll}. With all that is going against him, hurricanes, CIA leaks, Iraqi war, rising gasoline prices, some would think someone is out to get the guy. Perhaps there is, perhaps there is.

Gerard

Re: Wilma Update

As of 10:49 am EST today {Tuesday 10-18} Wilma was upgraded to a hurricane MSNBC website. It is projected to enter the Gulf with a possible hit to the Florida coastline by this weekend. It could change course as it travels in the Gulf waters.

From MSNBC
Wilma is the 12th hurricane of the season, a number reached once before in 1969 since record keeping began in 1851. At 11 a.m. EDT, Wilma had top sustained winds of near 75 mph.

Wilma is also the 21st named storm of the six-month hurricane season, which ties another record set in 1933.

Turn towards Florida possible
“There’s no scenario now that takes it toward Louisiana or Mississippi, but that could change,” said Max Mayfield, director of the National Hurricane Center in Miami.

Conditions such as warm water and favorable atmospheric winds are in place for Wilma to strengthen, possibly into a major hurricane with winds above 110 mph.

“If it goes through the Yucatan Channel, there won’t be much to weaken it,” Mayfield said.

Is there anything more dangerous than an angry female?

My impressions starting yesterday are that 4s and 8s rule. If you go to Astro.com and type in your first name, select event chart, the birthdate as 10-22-05, the time as unknown, the location as Miami, Fl. and check the map box.....you get
80w08 25n47 time h4w DST
8s 18 4

What are the possibilities? There may be other possibilities to where it hits land but my impressions are 4s and 8s with the possible influence of 6s.

Gerard

Re: Hurricane Wilma

Wilma has become a cat 5 hurricane, already. It jumped from a cat 2 to a cat 5 in mere hours. It is the strongest hurrican of the season, more powerful than Katrina. Of course it could lose strenght over time. But the fact that it grew so large so fast says something about how weather is becoming more volital and dangerous. Expect more of these storms, perhaps even worse.
Nothing is more dangerous than Mother Nature in her wrath. And her anger is man made.
We need to wake up before it is too late. It may already be too late!

Here is the projected path from NOAA. It is expected to take a big hook and head for the tip of Florida.

Gerard

Wilma just keeps getting stronger and stronger. It is the strongest hurricane on record in terms of barometric pressure {882} and became a cat 5 faster than any recorded storm {dropped 100 millibars in 24 hours}. Here is a dandy little page that tracks all the 2005 storms {animation} and several of the 2004 storms.
2004/2005 Hurricane Tracking

Gerard

Gerard,

I believe the Earth does communicate her distress. Her distress is due to our abuses to her and somewhat inclusive of our abuses to the entire eco-system, the totality of all in physical existence to include animals, and each other. Is this increased activity so much an expression of anger as it is an attempt of a mother to correct the behaviour of her offspring? Warning us to knock it off, clean up our mess AND teach an important lesson in sisterly/brotherly love to end our disrespect of her and to each other. She is as concerned about us as herself. Mothers love their children regardless and feel their pain even as mothers make their own way in their lives. The purpose of a mother’s corrective action is multifold: punishment as a negative reinforcement; to foster forethought to action; teach children to be self sufficient. Is this also a tough lesson on learning to love and respect each other?

Additionally, I have to believe climate is not the sole indicator. With a view the Earth in totality is an eco-system earthquake, volcano, tsunami et all are all indicators of the unbalance. The Earth has many ways to equalize unbalance. Of equal importance, and affect, are the recent series of serious earthquakes, the number of long dormant volcanoes returning to activity, etc. If all natural Earth activity is viewed collectively I believe the picture of Her communication grows proportionately.

It is through great disaster, great loss, the human collective comes together with those most affected with support & love and with fear and awe at the Mother’s power. However, as we’ve seen, the collective ‘joining’ dissolves as quickly as it coalesces. How short our memories are. It is a world immersed in a tunnel vision of personal materialism. As soon as the daily headline changes we forget and the cycle of transgression repeats.

In conclusion, does the Great Mother communicate and are we, the human species, able to hear Her? Yes. We are, after all is said and done, born of her just as the animals and the plants. Are there those that would listen? A few. She speaks to us, sustains us, cares for us, loves us. And smacks us on the back of the head when we need it.

And a note to those in the Northern lattitudes. The 'White Death' of winter approaches. Will the winter storms be dispropotionate in severity to the norm as the hurricane season has shown? Accept personal responsibility for your safety and prepare for possible winter weather emergencies. And please check on those neighbors that may not be able to help themselves due to mobility issues or aren't as resilient, especially the elderly, and offer a helping hand if you can.

Best regards,
K.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kathy,
I am beginning to think that there is that communication between the universal psyche of Mother Natur and the individual psyche. Unfortunately there are too few people who are tuned in to the connection. Global warming is a fact and although we do not know for sure the consequences we can get a good idea when the Mother speaks to us when the powerful forces of nature wreck havoc upon us. And I agree, it is not just hurricanes and weather but other disturbances also. This past year there has been a constant string of destructive events. My own personal senses have also been active. I could be imagining such connections but with what I have learned from Jung and Campbell and other ersources dealing with the psyche, it is not simply an imagination at work. Gaia isn't something that I invented. It has been around throughout history in one form or another. Native Americans connection to the earth is a good example of the theory but in a different context.
Current thinking by Americans especially is so material oriented there is no longer a connection between Mother and child. It is left up to the few to announce the pain that she is suffering.

Gerard

Wilma indeed came ashore as a major hurricane, a cat 3. This puts her up there with Katrina and Rita. And there was a lot of damage to the Miami area {it was reported Wilma was still a cat 2 when it reached Miami}. All with all the destruction to the Mexican coast Wilma was a devastating hurricane. There are still 1000s of American tourists still caught in Cozemel and Cancun
trying to get back home.

Alpha has come and gone. Don't be surprised if there are even more named storms before the year is up. Has nothing to do with my intuitive impressions. Has everything to do with global warming. And for thge meteorologists at NOAA who believe this is just a cycle. When their location is under water {in Miami} perhaps they will change their minds. I see more political appointees with their heads buried in teh sand.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present