Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a dream about my father

I HAVE HAD A DREAM 2 TIMES ABOUT MY FATHER WHO PASSED ON. MY 6 SIBLINGS AND I ARE IN SOME VICTORIAN HOUSE. I SEE MY FATHER KNOWING THAT HE PASSED WALKING PASSED THE WINDOWS NOT LOOKING AT ME BY JUST WALKING PASSED I AM KNOCKING ON THE WINDOW AS HARD AS I CAN BUT HE DOES NOT LOOK. HE HAS THIS LOOK ON HIS FACE THAT HE HAD WHEN HE WAS THINKING. THE OTHER DREAM WAS VERY CLOSE SAME PEOPLE THERE BUT THAT TIME HE WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT ME VERY CLOSE WITH A SMILE I COULD NOT TALK TO HIM. BOTH TIMES IN MY DREAM I TRIED TO TELL MY SIBLINGS WHAT I SAW AND THE HAD NO REACTION.I WAS VERY CALM IT WAS NOT SCARY NOR SAD

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 new jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: a dream about my father

Lauren,
A father in a dream may symbolize either your real father or it could symbolize some higher masculine aspect, or both. Here it probably first represents your true father.

The dream may have something to do with communication. Perhaps he was the type that did not talk a lot, was hard to get through to, kept to himself. And there may be things you wish you could have said to him while he was alive. Siblings in the dream may be as much about other aspects of your psyche as it is about your brother and sisters. Since there was no reaction from your siblings there may be a particular aspect to do with your father that is being addressed in the dream.

What does Victorian mean to you? The type house {the house you} may help explain what aspect or particular emotion the dream is trying to address.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I OFTEN THOUGHT THAT MAYBE HE (MY FATHER) IS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING. MY FATHER WAS EXTREEMLY CLOSE TO ALL 7 OF US. MY OTHER SIBLINGS HAVE HAD VERY VIVID DREAMS AS WELL.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: a dream about my father

Lauren,
When someone passes, makes the transition from this life to the next realm {that which is beyond knowing}, it is the body that dies. The soul continues. And so does the memories. Even though your father has left this world, within your mind he still lives. Those past experiences with him remain. And often we look back {if only unconsciously in our dreams} and wish there were more to the relationship, more we could have said or done to better the relationship. Your father was a wise and loving man and those qualities have been shared with you from being with him. Listen to what he has to say in your dreams. Often his visiting spirit will offer insights that your waking mind may never understand or is blind to. When you dream of your father try to ask him questions. Perhaps his answers will provide insights to your dreams, and ultimately yourself.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Lauren

I would suggest the same as Gerard.

When we are 'inspired' we are, accoring to anient Greek philosophy, literally 'taking in the spirit'.

I have infrequent dreams about my mother, who died at the realtively young age of 55, in 1999.

What I have learned in waking life and via my infrequent dreams of her is that, whilst she was alive, I may not have always heeded her advice.

It is only posthumously, that I often find myself thniking 'now how would Mum have analysed this situation?'. She had remarkable insight.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

MY SISTER WANTED ME TO ASK ABOUT A DREAM SHE HAD A WEEK BEFORE MY DAD DIED. SHE WAS IN FLORIDA ON VACATION AND NEW HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL BUT HE WAS DOING ALRIGHT. SHE HAD A DREAM THAT SHE WAS SITTING AT A SMALL ROUND KITCHEN TABLE IN AN APARTMENT. HE WAS SITTING ACROSS AND MY BROTHER AND I WERE SITTING ON THE OTHER SIDES. WE WERE FACING HER. SUDDENDLY SHE SEES THE FEAR OF GOD IN HIS FACE AND COMPLETE PANIC. SUDDENLY HE FALLS OVER AND SHE TRIES TO SCREAM BUT CAN'T GET THE WORDS OUT. SHE IS PARALYZED BUT IS TRYING TO SCREAM "CALL 911" SHE SAYS THAT MY BROTHER AND I ARE STILL FACING HER AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW HIM UNTIL FINALLY SHE GETS HER SCREAM OUT AND THEN WE SEE HIM LAYING THERE. SHE IS HOLDING HIM IN COMPLETE PANIC ASKING SOMEONE TO CALL 911. AFTER SHE WAKES FROM THE DREAM, SHE REMEMBERS VIVIDLY AND CAN'T GET IT OUT OF HER MIND. SHE LAYS IN BED THINKING ABOUT IT AND FINALLY FALLS BACK TO SLEEP. LATER THAT MORNING ONE OF MY OTHER SISTER'S CALL HER TO TELL HER THAT THROUGH THE NIGHT THE HOSPITAL PUT HIM INTO ICU. THEY SAID THAT THEY ALMOST LOST HIM A COUPLE OF TIMES THAT NIGHT. SHE FLEW HOME THAT SAME DAY AND HE DIED A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER THAT. DO YOU THINK THAT WAS HIM TRYING TO ASK FOR HER HELP IN HER DREAM?

In 2003, I had a dream about my mother. I was walking up the stairs of a Victorian house. It was the house that I lived in between the ages of 5-11. (there appears to be a few Vistorian houses dotted around this site!)

It was the same house, save for the fact that there was a door to myleft just before the top of the stairs. It was ajar. Icould see a light around the edge of the door and I couild hear my Mums vioce.

It must have been a lucid dream, as it was a bit scary and I thought to myself 'this is not right, Mum's dead'.

My Mum came to the door, dressed in a long green satin dress. (Her favourite colours were green and turquoise and they suited her as she had lovely green eyes.)

In the dream, she told me that she had come to me like this (i.e. in a dream) as she had not wanted to frighten me. She implored me to let her go. 'Please let me go'. Let me go.

I felt as though she was telling me that I was keepingher in the earthly realm or perhaps not letting go of my grief at her demise. She wanted to move on, but what this meant was that I must move on.

I felt sad in this dream, but when I awoke in the morning I felt as if a great burden had been lifted from me.

Whether you believe that your parent has visited you in the sprit world or whether you believe it is a representation of our own fears/beliefs/circumstances - the result is the same. There is a message to be conveyed.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

I do not know what the explanation is but I 'saw' my grandmother on the night she died (I was awake. My boyfriend was with me, so he can account for the fact that I am not a madwoman!). It felt as though she exhaled through me - this may sound a little corny - but it was like a sighon a summer breeze - utter bliss and release, not horrible at all. That is what woke me up, then I saw her in room, in a white satin evening dress, as if she was young again, ready to go out. I got up and went to the phone. A short time later it rang - my Nan had just died.

In the months preceding my Mums death, I dreamt of my grandmother at the end of a path , leading from woodland into a clearing, facing me. As the months progressed, the path, which had been in the top corner of the room at ceiling level, gradually became lower. On the night before she died, I saw my grandmother AND my grandfather in this clearing. I knew that they had come to get my Mum. My Mum came to me, stroked my hair , as she had always done and said 'goodbye' . The next morning she died.

Gerard will have a Jungian explanation. I do not pretend to know of any explanation. I just know that sometimes we get hunches/recieve information.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present