Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mostly spiders and webs

In my dream I was looking at 3 spider webs. They were each in an almost perfect circle, and each had 6 smaller circles inside of them. From the middle of the webs there was a woven thread that went through a chain link fence to connect them to another set of webs that were the same. As I looked to the right I saw 9 wicker-like baskets, lined up in rows of three's, and up on their sides, so that the opening of the basket faced out. Each one had a nest in them. All but two contained baby spiders. Of the other two baskets, one was brimming full and overflowing with baby scorpions, and the other was brimming full and overflowing with baby turtles. I had this dream about a week ago and cannot get the image out of my mind. I feel like I really need to find out what it means. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 Riverside OH USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: mostly spiders and webs

Hi Jennifer,
I do not know how much you know about dream interpretaion (from a Jungian perspective) - dreams use symbols to convey meanings. A great starting point for you will be some of the links on this site ,,, and then mull over the dream again with that knowledge. Remember the dream is of relevence to you, and so things should fit.
The numbers are significant - three: may represent completeness, wholeness, yet it isnot quite complete. I am sure you will hear more about nine from Gerard) is a multiple of three yet has strong feminine aspects (the Godess). Six is nine upside down and has similar meaning - 'circles within circles',,,,

Your dream has reference to commectedness (the spider webs, the woven thread) / wholeness (the circles). There is apparent separation (the chain link fence) and yet a mirroring - perhaps the connectedness of your couscious and unconscious, and the mirroring of the two aspects of you. A separation between the two realms of you that go towards wholeness.
The wicker baskets I read as a feminine symbol, The nests again feminine,,, nurturing, formative aspects of your deeper nature? Mostly 'brimming full and overflowing',,
However amoungst this completeness and abundence there are spiders and scorpions. I view spiders as representing connectedness (the invisible threads between all living creatures) and the scorpions ,,, well they have a sting in their tail.
Other interpretaions are possible. Some feedback about how this fits with your life would help to find relevant meaning in the dream for you.
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Justin,
Thanks for all of your input. I looked thru the dictionary portion, and wrote down some things. Still not sure how I am to apply it to my life. As far as feedback, I am not sure what it is I should let you know, so I'll just give you a few basics, and then you can let me know what else you my need ;) I am a single mother of 3 kids, one of whom left for college last month. I have been divorced since Jan., and I was in a relationship with a younger man since then, which is now over. Although, I think there may still be a connection of sorts still between us. I am also studying witchcraft, and have a wonderful teacher helping me along this newly chosen path. I know dreams can speak to us, and I feel a real need to understand this one. If just feels like it holds something important for me. Anymore help you can give would be apprieciated. Thanks.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Jennifer,

I can see the association of your dream to your spiritual quest. I can also see the archetypal influence in the dream {the number nine}.

Spiders in a dream can symbolize many things including balance and mysticism. It also can represent those 'webs' we weave in our waking lives. Where that fits, if at all, is a personal question.

The circle is also a symbol for wholeness which requires a spiritual identity. 3 spider webs with 6 smaller webs gives you a total of nine, whiuch in Jungian thinkung represents the highest aspect of the psyche {spirituality and creativity}. There may be persoanl associations with these numbers also. Connecting these webs is a spiritual search, not religious bot one of connecting to the natural spirit {as in the earth based spiritual quest of WICCA and witchcraft}. Justin makes a good point about the feminine associations. The number nine is the feminine psyche {balanced with the masculine but remaining dominant}. The nest and baby spiders may be addressing the birth of your new found spirituality. As in all things there is a duality that must be confronted {the number two}. There is the spiritual life and the social life of duty and requirements. The scorpions amy be the social life of duty and the turtles the spiritual {scorpions with the sting and turtles with the round shell representing wholeness and perfection}. The scorpion may also have astrological significance. Is your sign Scorpio?

The dream is most likely addressing your spiritual search. But with all searches there is that element of duty and responsibilities {relationships and family, job and stresses}. The hero/heroine of myth had to slay many dragons {symbolic of those obstacles in our waking lives that must be overcome}. And since you have chosen the earth based religion of WICCA you probably encounter many who look down on your choices. But these people are less knowledgible than those who seek answers outside the norm.

This is a positive dream. Look at your dreams as compensating your waking knowledge as much as a guide to what to expect. Finding the true Self is the gaol of the dream.

"An it harm none, do as ye will."

I have a page on WICCA that may interest some who read this post.

Wicca & Witchcraft

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Many Thanks Gerard !! You've given me more to ponder over. ;) I Know it may be kinda late to add this bit, but somehow it had slipped my mind until I saw one again this morning. Around the same time I had this dream I was seeing spiders in real life WAY more than what I usually do. Even had one pop out of a mail tray at work, and in the 11 yrs I've worked at the P.O. , that has never happened. As far as my sign, I am Aries, and also the ex-husband, and the ex-boyfriend. I would also like your opinion concerning the fence. Justin made a reference about seperation. I know for me, at this time I do feel like my home, work and other duties do not allow me the time I would like to spend on my spiritual path. So that does make some sense for me in that way. If I read what you wrote correctly, you may have already addressed that part without making an actual reference to the fence. ;)
Anyway, Thanks again!

Jennifer,
Thanks for the response. Follow-up posts almost always help shine new light on the dream message. And we all learn from the experiences.

The fence may merely be another form of a web. They look very similiar in design. And it is not unusual to see something in your waking life that appears are a symbolic gesture in your dreams. Seeing the spiders may have prompted the dream to use them as metaphors for what is bothering you unconsciousl/consciously. The symbology of 3s, 6s and 9s is a collective experience most likley addressing the spiritual aspect {Jung saw the number 9 as representing wholeness which is made possible only by realizing the spiritual/creative Self}. Of course the fence could also represent tose things that prevent this realization. Weaving the web to spirituality requires removing many barriers {fenced in} in your waking life.

And we must consider the spiders in your waking life as possible synchronistic experiences. It is not uncommon for such waking experiences to occur {if you can believe in Jung's theory, which is one of his most controversial} when you start to agive real tgought and energies to the spiritual aspect of the psyche. Nature has a way of connecting things. As Jung {as well as Einstein and other great minds} stated, 'all things are connected'.

As for the suggestion made by your husband about separation, that may involve the basket of scorpions, those required duties involving the ego life {I couldn't resist asking about the scorpio sign being your birth sign. often dreams use personal attrobutes}. Other than that I do not see any reference in the dream to that separation. Perhaps that is meant to help you keep focused on the spiritual aspect while having to deal with the ego aspects. You may be well suited to handle the relationship problems but you need to stayed focused also on the inner world so to stay balanced through all the turmoil in the waking life.

I hope this answers your questions. If there are other questions or dreams please post them. Undoubtly there will be many instances of conflict that your dreams will be trying to help you work through.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Whoops! Forgot something

Gerard

Thank-You once again for all your input. I clicked thru the highlighted areas, and I will be back for more ;) I can have some varied and vivid dreams. Most of the time I am ok with what they are. Once I dreamed about being in a car accident, but it wasn't me .. if that makes sense. Then a few days later, my mom was in a car accident ... freaky, but true. She was ok, but her car was totaled. And the night my father past away, he came to see me in a dream. I saw him standing in his favorite ratty jeans and button down shirt, looking healthier than I'd seen him in years, (he had a heart attck when he past). There was only like a solid light blue back-round, and he spoke to me. He said " It's ok Jenny, I'm alright." Then he smiled at me, and that was it. I woke up with a deep feeling of peace, and carried that with me through the next few harrowing days. I only ended up crying at the funeral when "Taps" was played by the Honor Guard. ( my daddy was retired military) My daddy told me he was ok, and that got me through it all.
Oh Snap !! I do remember I had another dream to ask about ... after I broke up with the boyfriend, I had a dream I was kissing him, and then he turned into someone else, with facial hair, and I called him Sean, (which is not the boyfriends name). That in itself is no biggie, I thought .. a few weeks later, my cousin talked me into doing a 7-day trial on a internet dating site. I did the trial, sent 3 guys a "wink" and only one responded back. Now keep in mind, they don't show real names in the ad's , it was only when I got the one responce I fell out of my chair, he signed his name .. Sean . So since I kissed a man named Sean in the dream , do you think this means something ? Or did I bruise my butt for no reason ? And he sent me a picture ... he's got a goat-tee.
Let me know what you think , besides that I may just be crazy
Take Care, Jennifer

You're not crazy at all, but (it sounds to me) on a very intense spiritual path. Most of the original dream context would relate to your wiccan studies - the number three,as you know, signifies the three fazes of moon, and life - maiden, mother, crone. Number 9 is every witches favorite in spellwork as it is the magical multiplication of three times three. Also, the threefold law we are all familiar with. Do you feel you have done something that may come back to you? The spiders can be seen in two ways - some anylysts relate the spider to mother - she is also a spiritual figure not only to witches but also to Native Americans in Great Spider Woman.It sounds like you are on a magical path that your psyche is well aware of. Good for you!Also - you are at that great age of 39, which is when a lot of us are preparing for the 40's, a time of heightened psychic awareness.
Laurie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48, New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

When you initially mentioned 'Sean' I thought of 'shorn' as in 'sheep'. Does this count as a goatee cross reference? :-)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Jennifer
Sorry I diappeared there - interstate for work then catchup and sick (run-down).
Your dream brought lots of good discussion.
When I have these type of dreams I think that rather than telling me something specific (although that may be in there too) the dream is telling me how things are in the big picture of ,,, how the universe (seen and unseen) is structured, how it 'works', how things are related,,,, and yes how I am / where I am in that scheme of things.
All the best
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Jennifer,
I just recently for the first time had a dream involving a scorpion. I can't help but think that it is a warning of some kind. My instinct tells me that I really need to start paying attention to the people around me. I feel like I'm going to be at the recieving end of some serious pain. In my dream the scorpion was more like a menace. What is your take on your experience with the scorpion.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, virginia beach

Re: Re: mostly spiders and webs

Hi Krista,
If you post your dream you'll get better feedback ,,, dreams communicate to us on two levels - in relation to our waking life and about our unconscious world - so there could be a warning for you on both planes.
Think of this in relation to your life and see how it fits.
JC

Hi Krista,
Justin is right about posting the whole dream and then see how it relates. For me, most of my dream was about my own personal spiritual path, and what may be in the way of it. I am finding, for myself, that the scorpions of my dream, is coming out from a person I was very close to. We cannot seem to come to a peaceful co-exhistance so to speak, and this person is trying to be hurtful. I am in turn, doing what I can for myself as in protective spells and such, so in a way, by this person projecting such negativity, it is actually giving me the opportunity to dig deeper into my beliefs. Maybe that is why they came in my dream as small (babies) the 'threat' of this person is 'small' , and I will came through this period stronger I believe.
I would like to suggest you write your dream down, look thru this site and key words or symbols, and post it. Having others look at it thru a different set of eyes was very helpful in figuring things out.
Good Luck !!
Blessed Be !
Jennifer

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 Ohio

stats from 7-14-10 to the present