Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ankh, Meteors and Scrolls

I had this dream two nights ago and normally after about a day I usually forget about it and move on. But this dream has been on my mind for 48 hours now and I just can't seem to get past it. It just doesn't seem like one of my "typical" dreams. The dream goes like this:
I'm standing in the den of my home and I'm about to walk out into the living room when the moonlight shining in from the window reveals a tattoo of the egyptian ankh upon my lower back. (In real life I don't have any tattoos.) My husband notices but doesn't say anything and I don't seem to be surprised despite the fact that it just appeared on my back.
Jonathan (my husband) and I are sitting in my car waiting at the stop sign. He's in the passenger seat and I'm sitting in the back seat. He tells me that nothing can be done to keep the water from seeping into the car and that the best solution is to get buckets to catch the water. I decide to climb into the driver seat and drive home. Just as I pull away to turn the corner we notice many people in the neighborhood standing outside their homes looking up into the sky. It appears to be fireworks. Jonathan and I get out to watch. One of the fireworks falls to the ground far in the distance and out of our sight. Then another one does the same. We notice a pillar of thick black smoke climbing up to the heavens. It dawns on Jon and I as well as others that these weren't fireworks, they were meteors! Everyone started to panic and scramble for cover. Jon goes over to this door in the ground and opens it up to this cellar like shelter. I'm within a few yards from our home so I quickly run in grab my cat Sasha, some cat food and race back to the cellar. Once inside Jon, Sasha and I huddle together in a corner as we hear meteors crashing all around us. At first I'm thinking this is foolish; the cellar can't protect us from a meteor. But I realized that it was better to be there then outside in all the hysteria.
While inside I find a shelf of ancient scrolls. From another shelf I pull out this huge, thick leather bound book filled with blank pages and begin to translate the scrolls into english. (I don't know what language the scrolls were written in but apparently I could understand it.) As time passed I was able to fill about a fourth of the book with the translation but Jon and I were suddenly in a need to leave immediately. I needed to figure out a way to get those scrolls out of there and across the border without being detected. I came up with the solution of digitally photographing the contents of each scroll. Once I had done so and transfered the information to my laptop, I burned all of the scrolls, gathered all of my material, the cat and left with Jon. End of Dream
I would really appreciate any feedback on what this dream could be telling me. Thank you Nina

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Michigan

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Ankh, Meteors and Scrolls

Hi Nina,
You have a very long dream that will need some time to interpret. I will work on it later today and hopefully havan interpretation by tomorrow.

Thanka,
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Nina

Firstly - have you wathced the movie 'Dinosaurs' within the last week?! :-D

Do you have children? What are your feelings about children/family? Do you have a career? How long have you and your husband been together?

Is there a sense of passivity/non assertive conduct from either/both partners in waking life?

How do you feel about your 'role' within the relationship/family/work?

Do you feel overwhelmed/as if yuou are holding back the tide with regard to your feelings about a specific situation?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Ankh, Meteors and Scrolls

s Williams

No, at the present moment I don't have any children.
My husband and I would like to have some but we both feel that right now isn't the best time for us. I have a job but no career, at least not now. I'm a aspiring digital illustrator. My husband and I have been together for seven years but only married for two. If there's anything that I feel I haven't been more assertive about it would have to be my desire to be a illustrator. I graduated from college with a degree in something I really wasn't passionate about for the sake of obtaining a more secure means of financial stability. As far as my 'role' within my relationship I feel that I'm very significant. My husband and I feel that having a successful life together depends on both of us working together and being co-partners. Although I have a marriage that most of my female co-workers who love to have; a husband that cooks, clean and understanding, as of late I've wanted to just be a housewife. I'm frustrated that I don't have the time to take care of my home, cook meals like I want to, grow a garden and have the free time to work on my craft of being a illustrator. I get up a 4am so that I can cook a half way decent breakfast by 4:45. We're out the door by 5:30 and we don't return until 4pm. Then either he or I cook dinner while the other 'tries' to get some house cleaning done. Or in his case, do some homework, since he's still in school. By the time either of us winds down to focus on anything else like hobbies or personal interests, it's time to go to bed. We sleep and do the whole thing all over again the next day. If anything I'm just frustrated that there isn't enough time in the day. Nina

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Michigan

Nian,
Your reply to swilliams gives a lot of info that provides insights to your dream {thanks s}. What I gather from the dream is it is focusing on those things in life that represent your true self. This would be the tattoo of the Egyptian Ankh which symbolizes the physical life and the eternal desires to be the true self. That true self in your case would be the desire for digital illustrating and being the housewife {just as my true desire is spend my time with web design and dreamwork instead of the required job I have making a living. And my desire for animal rights and wellbeing}. As in the call of the hero/heroine, the desire is not social duty but that thing that soul desires, the bliss in life.

The meteors are all those things that are thrown at you that prevents you from being that true self. The rush of things in your daily life prevents this. If you could only spend your time translating the digital illustrating....this is the scrolls within.

I believe this dream is addressing those desires of the true self. All the symbols seem to match what you have stated in your reponse to swilliams. The problem is what to do about it.

The task is to stay the course, working so to be able to be that true self, the digital illustrating and being that motherly housewife. It is a long and difficult path. It is society that often prevents us from realizing those inner goals. The good thing is that you have realized that the degree that you took up in college is not what you really want. The illustrating is. But the financial aspect is real {what I can the social dragon that we must slay, over and over}. The demands that life puts on us just to make a living.

You are fortunate to have a wonderful husband. Perhaps for the moment you need to be thankful for all the good things you have. And all the while working, in partnership with your husband, for those things you truly desire to do. Things could be worse so count your blessings.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present