Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
concrete on the roof

I own a small building in a city. I am having concrete poured on the roof. Some others and I are walking around and checking on the work. At one point, I see a section that must be torn down to make the rest of the roof fit right. My neighbor comes over and doesn't like that I must tear something down (noise?) He continues to look things over with an irritated look on his face. He doesn't like the construction going on. I and others go from the first floor to the roof by way of a narrow, interior, dark staircase. At some point it seems I am looking down on the roof from above, watching myself enjoy the finished rooftop with company. There are furniture and plants up there. Then the whole place is suddenly a hotel or restaurant (?) being prepared for an opening. People are asking me to sample food and approve table settings. Lots of busyness all around. I notice somone I work with (in real life) sitting on a floor giving orders. She has a small bandage on her foot. I'm thinking, she said her foot was broken yesterday - where's the cast?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: concrete on the roof

Hi Peggy,
A fellow Tennessean. You are the second Tennessean within a week I have met. This must be Tennessee week at the Forum.

Anyways. The small building may be a part of who you are {the city being the whole self}. The concrete may be some concrete aspect having to do with the thinking mind {top}. Some part of these concrete ideas/aspects need to be torn away and rethought so they fit who you are now. But there is resistance from some masculine aspect {see
Anima/Animus in left column of page}. This is often natural since what you may to rethink involves feminine identities/aspects
{again, see Anima/Animus.
This rethinking is in conflict with cretain masculine thinking that probably was inherent or imprinted on you from earlier life. But deep down this rethinking is essential for you if you want to realize your highest potential in life. It is well suited/furnished for who you really are.

The second part is openning up to these new possibilities and tasting what they have to offer. There are a lot of things going on in your life but you need to give this some time and thought. You probably have very busy life that prevents you from giving needed time to this part of you that will help heal the inner self. It will require a remolding of your thinking and perhaps who you really are.

Look at your life and detremine what fits the above. Let me know your conclusions and we can go from there.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

It sounds like I need to rethink my feminine and masculine (I re-read anima/animus) because they are out of balance. I have too strong of a masculine influence, I guess, because I am too independent and no longer much of a nurturer. But I have never been very competitive. I have always been conflicted over working for myself or working for a regular paycheck from a company. I am afraid to take the risk of not having a paycheck, but at the same time have never fit in well with the corporate environment. With 40 yrs of work experience, my responsibilities have been varied, and I have a hard time seeing the further value I have to offer the work world at this point in my life. This is not how I thought my life would turn out.I used to see myself as successful, as did the organizations I worked for. But I began this job at the age of 50, and this company makes me feel like I will never progress there. Or, at least so far, my attempts have not been supported. So I have come to a point of stagnation, wanting to retire, but afraid to believe I will make it financially. I devoted too much time to my work when I was younger(traveled a lot), and never had a family. So I have also depended too much on my work for personal fulfillment, and people have always told me I take it too seriously.

I still don't get what significance there is to the woman at the end of the dream who had the bandage on her foot?

Thank you very much for your time.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Peggy,
Thanks for the follow-up response. Now we have a pretty good idea which masculine identity it is that the dream was addressing. To do as the social dragon requires instead of what you truly wish to do. The other masculine aspects seem to be an asset but this particular animus trait is not. Stagnation could also be considered a masculine aspect, whereas the feminine would be more creative and not bound by such restraints.

The bandage and the broken foot. Feet are what we stand on, or metaphorically the foundations thyat support who we are and our decision making. If one foot is broken and bandaged then some part of you is broken and bandaged. We know from your follow-up what part that is. Because there is no support for your creative desires at your place pof employment perhaps this is the missing cast. There is no support for this broken part of you.

What to do? Of course that is a personal decision with so many variables. My mentor Joseph Campbell tells us to find that palce in life that provides what the soul desires is 'follow your bliss'. That thing in life that you truly love doing. And we have two opportunities to do that; firts in our teens/early twenties when our career choices are most important, and again at mid-life when we realize that life has been something other than what we wanted. I was 42 when I got my second chance and the result of 'following your bliss' is this website and Dream Forum. But it does not pay the bills so to say to just go off willy nilly and do what you want is not logical. First you have to define what your bliss is and then work toward it. And whne you do the helping hands of fate will support you at every turn. It is a natural process, nature itself provides the help along your path.

So to overcome that masculine aspect the dream addresses may require new thinking and brave responses
{this part of your masculine identity, bravado, is a positive and seems to be functioning properly}. Just how to do in your personal life only you can decide. I hope you will take this opportunity to examine the possibilities. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present